Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 114 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OBAMACARE

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.05.16 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

Default Restaurant chain partnering with White House anti-obesity campaign received ObamaCare

Restaurant chain partnering with White House anti-obesity campaign received ObamaCare Waiver

A top national restaurant chain partnered with First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move childhood anti-obesity campaign. Last year, that same company received a waiver exempting it from some of the most stringent mandates of ObamaCare.

Michelle Obama visited an Olive Garden restaurant in Hyattsville, Maryland today as Darden Restaurants announced that it would reduce the amount of calories and sodium in its menu by 20% over the next decade.

Darden Restaurants, which owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze, and Seasons 52, received a waiver from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on October 26, 2010 allowing the company to avoid some of the insurance mandates of the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as ObamaCare. The law eventually outlaws “mini-med” plans to offer low benefit levels to low-wage employees. But companies can keep their mini-med plans if they can show that they couldn’t afford to comply with the law.

Darden and other waiver recipients will be allowed to keep offering their employees minimal insurance benefits, while competitors without a waiver will need to offer more generous medical plans. The restaurant industry is among the leaders in winning waivers from HHS, including McDonald’s and Carlson Restaurants, which owns T.G.I.Fridays.

Darden has 34,000 employees nationwide. So far, HHS has granted 1,472 waivers to companies, unions, and states, affecting nearly 3.6 million employees.

HHS has denied waiver requests for companies with 633,000 employees. The Department will cease issuing waivers at the end of this month.

According to the Associated Press, Darden serves 400 million meals annually at 1,900 American restaurants. Today, it pledged to reduce the calorie count and sodium in its food by 10% over the next five years and 20% over the next decade. It will also include a side of fruit or vegetables and a glass of one-percent milk for children’s meals, unless an adult asks for a substitute.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amazing how many corporations got waivers. If it was such a good deal???

Didn't liberal Starbucks bitch about it?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.06.16 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 1,346 Times in 519 Posts

Premium Member

Using a mandated government program to shake down private industry...Hope and Change.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Selective enforcement of the law is the first sign of tyranny. A government empowered to determine arbitrarily who may operate outside the rule of law invariably embraces favoritism as friends, allies and those with the best-funded lobbyists are rewarded. Favoritism inevitably leads to corruption, and corruption invites extortion. Ultimately, the rule of law ceases to exist in any recognizable form, and what is left is tyranny.

America's founders rejected that road to tyranny when they boldly declared that all men are created equal. They wrote a Constitution meant to secure the promise of equal protection under the law.

President Obama, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Democrats all, in their rush to take over America's health care system, made all sorts of outlandish, unkeepable promises. Among the most egregious: Obamacare would allow you to keep your current health insurance and your doctor. Mr. Obama's own Medicare chief actuary now acknowledges that Obamacare may cause up to 20 million Americans to lose their current health insurance policies, and doctors are increasingly leaving Medicare, Medicaid and the practice of medicine altogether. Good luck keeping them. Another unkeepable promise: Obamacare "will create 4 million jobs, 400,000 jobs almost immediately." The Congressional Budget Office's budget director estimates the law actually will destroy 800,000 jobs.

Obamacare's chickens, to borrow a phrase our president may have heard somewhere before, are coming home to roost. The law, as currently adjudicated, has been ruled unconstitutional. The president's own secretary of health and human services, Kathleen Sebelius, has admitted a major section of the Obamacare law is "totally unsustainable." Before casting his vote in favor of Obamacare, Sen. Kent Conrad, North Dakota Democrat, described it as "a Ponzi scheme of the first order, the kind of thing that Bernie Madoff would have been proud of." Well, Mr. Conrad, Mr. Madoff certainly would be proud of you and your colleagues.

The now-familiar monthly trickling down of new waivers is, at best, a tacit admission that Obamacare is a failure. So far, seven entire states and 1,372 businesses, unions and other institutions have received waivers from the law. The list includes the administration's friends and allies and, of course, those who have the bestlobbyists.

More than 50 percent of the Obamacare waiver beneficiaries are union members, which is striking because union members account for less than 12 percent of the American work force. The same unions that provided more than $120 million to Democrats in the last two elections and, in many cases, openly campaigned in favor of the government takeover of your health care, now celebrate that Obamacare is not their problem.

But the political payoffs don't stop there. The Obama administration didn't forget its closest friends in the latest round of waivers. Although there are 435 congressional districts across America, nearly 20 percent of the new waivers, amazingly, found their way to a single district - Mrs. Pelosi's. As for Mr. Reid, well, the entire state of Nevada found an early waiver in its Christmas stocking. After all, what kind of a friend would the president be if he couldn't pull a few strings?

The priorities of the Obama administration and its Democratic allies are on display with every waiver granted. The list of beneficiaries in Mrs. Pelosi's district, for example, belongs in an episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." Mrs. Pelosi, champion of the unions and no stranger to hypocrisy, has amassed a fortune as part owner of Napa Valley Auberge du Soleil resort - a luxurious nonunion shop. Now her luxury boutique colleagues also can benefit from her "do as I say" politics. The "four-diamond luxury" hotel Campton Place; Tru Spa, Allure magazine's "best day spa in San Fransisco"; Boboquivari's and its $59 porterhouse steaks; and Cafe des Amis, "a timeless Parisian style brasserie," are among her beneficiaries.

As American families are being squeezed by increasing health insurance premiums as well as rising gasoline and grocery prices, I'm sure they'll be relieved to know that San Francisco's down-and-out millionaires will be protected from paying Obamacare's bills. Mercifully, Mrs. Pelosi's limousine liberals will no longer be forced to beg for Grey Poupon from every Rolls-Royce passing by.

Why did these particular businesses receive waivers? The administration that calls itself the most transparent in history won't say. Nor will it explain why it has denied at least 79 requests from others. Worse still, Health and Human Services has decreed that it will not even accept waiver requests from individuals, so if you choose to purchase your insurance directly, you have no recourse.

Americans deserve and, in fact, are guaranteed by our Constitution a level playing field. We were never promised equality in results, but we do deserve to play by the same rules and to be judged by the same standards. When a new law like Obamacare is so deeply flawed that its supporters openly violate these American bedrock principles to sustain it, it's time to repeal that law.

I will repeat the same question I've been asking since the first health care waiver was granted: If Obamacare is such a great law, why does the White House keep exempting its best friends from it?

Dr. Milton R. Wolf is a radiologist in Kansas. He is Barack Obama's second cousin once removed. President Obama's great-great grandfather, Thomas Creekmore McCurry, is Dr. Wolf's great-grandfather. Dr. Wolf's mother, Anna Margaret McCurry, was five years older than Mr. Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham. The two were childhood friends until the Dunhams moved from Kansas to Seattle in 1955.

http://wolffiles.blogspot.com/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Default OBAMACARE

Get your checkbooks out...

Supreme Court upholds entire health care law

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.05.16 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 482 Times in 262 Posts

Premium Member

Any thoughts on why Americans more for health care then most other countries?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.05.16 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts

Donor

Because we are too stupid and don't move to Canada.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.23.14 @ 02:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm all for affordable health care, and I guess it doesn't affect me in so much as I already have insurance, but to FORCE people into buying it under threat of punishment is just wrong on so many levels. Way to go Supreme Court...

Idiots...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.05.16 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 2,805 Times in 1,468 Posts

I am mixed about the decision. I hate Obamacare because it wasn't the best Congress could do and was passed somewhat shady. I don't agree with the individual mandate but then again, I have to pay into Social Security even though I don't want to.

I also hate Obama and can imagine him getting a hand job from Pelosi while Biden tosses his salad. All with that fucking smug face. This kills me more than the passage.

That said, Roe vs Wade is probably more of a controversial decision and we have been living with that for about 40 years. Maybe I am used to just bending over and taking it and am starting to enjoy it. I don't know.

If I wasn't having a baby, I would put some money down in Vegas on Romney winning. This decision is going to fire up the GOP base and people tend to vote when they are pissed. Add that to pissed off Independents, well Obama better pass a law allowing Illegals to vote.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I am mixed about the decision. I hate Obamacare because it wasn't the best Congress could do and was passed somewhat shady. I don't agree with the individual mandate but then again, I have to pay into Social Security even though I don't want to.

I also hate Obama and can imagine him getting a hand job from Pelosi while Biden tosses his salad. All with that fucking smug face. This kills me more than the passage.

That said, Roe vs Wade is probably more of a controversial decision and we have been living with that for about 40 years. Maybe I am used to just bending over and taking it and am starting to enjoy it. I don't know.

If I wasn't having a baby, I would put some money down in Vegas on Romney winning. This decision is going to fire up the GOP base and people tend to vote when they are pissed. Add that to pissed off Independents, well Obama better pass a law allowing Illegals to vote.
    It's probably in the works as I type this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

well Obama better pass a law allowing Illegals to vote.
    I'm sure that Illegals will soon be able to eventually vote, WHEN they are serving in any branch of the US Military...

Doing the right thing seems to be hard for everyone, except President Obama. He always seems to know the “right thing to do.” Indeed, he uses his presidential remarks to instruct the American people on the right thing to do over and over again.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.05.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 11,878 Times in 5,810 Posts

Premium Member

What makes you think illegal aliens are not already voting?

I would be shocked if there isn't a large number of them on voter rolls.

Look at Florida, the Justice Department is rattling it's saber because Florida is doing the unbelievable, they are trying to make sure you are a US citizen to be able to vote.

This is how fucking stupid we have become. Every issue is now about political gain, not about common sense or what is best for the country. Please tell me that even liberals can agree that this is bat shit fucking crazy, non US Citizens should not be allowed to determine who are elected officials are? Where's Gabby when I need her?

It is common fucking sense, no offense meant to anyone who disagrees, but if you do, please offer up an explanation to why. The only reason I can think of is that they will vote for Obama in a larger percentage than vote for Romney. I guarantfuckingteeyou that if illegal aliens where majority Mormon, the Justice Department would be saying the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 06.28.12 at 08:22 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.23.16 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

As a business owner, this one is scary. Really need to see how all of this is going to work as it relates that

Of course, since this is a tax per se, it can be repealed / modified / changed if needed

It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Messy, messy can of fucking worms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.23.16 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    I'm sure that Illegals will soon be able to eventually vote, WHEN they are serving in any branch of the US Military...

Doing the right thing seems to be hard for everyone, except President Obama. He always seems to know the “right thing to do.” Indeed, he uses his presidential remarks to instruct the American people on the right thing to do over and over again.
    I am trying not to throw up right now
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.