Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    04.14.07
    Posts
    168
    Last Online

    08.05.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Def Leppard, EVH



    Noticed while watching some videos from this year to see what to expect from the upcoming Def Leppard concert and notice a stack of EVH cabs.

    Think Phil is using the amps as well?

    Pretty cool, though, I think.

  2. #2
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    Speaking of singers that have lost it.........




    Phil Collen sounds great though.
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

  3. #3
    Banned!
    Join Date
    06.18.12
    Posts
    17
    Last Online

    06.29.12 @ 12:00 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Flapjacks!

    I heard that Eddie had a bet with Phil that if Wolfgang couldn't eat 26 flapjacks in 20 minutes that he had to rock his CABS on tour. Then Kool and the Gang rolled out a flattop grill and started singing Flapjacks boogie, and Wolfie started to tremble and shake. They laid down Dave's Slip and Slide and wolfie strted to dart to and fro devouring flapjacks at an amazing rate. In the end, there were two broken ankles, one laughing pappy, and a Kevin Smith looking cat that polished off no less than 436 delicious pancakes! Spectators that recalled the bet informed Eddie that he said "couldn't eat" 26 flapjacks,but Eddie won by rebutting "I said flapjacks, he was eating pancakes!" Then he played a ripping rendition of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" as Wolfgang realesed a fart that went higher on the charts than "Tatoo!"
    Last edited by ErikVanHalen; 06.27.12 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Pancakes

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,254
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,297 Times in 3,167 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikVanHalen View Post
    I heard that Eddie had a bet with Phil that if Wolfgang couldn't eat 26 flapjacks in 20 minutes that he had to rock his CABS on tour. Then Kool and the Gang rolled out a flattop grill and started singing Flapjacks boogie, and Wolfie started to tremble and shake. They laid down Dave's Slip and Slide and wolfie strted to dart to and fro devouring flapjacks at an amazing rate. In the end, there were two broken ankles, one laughing pappy, and a Kevin Smith looking cat that polished off no less than 436 delicious pancakes! Spectators that recalled the bet informed Eddie that he said "couldn't eat" 26 flapjacks,but Eddie won by rebutting "I said flapjacks, he was eating pancakes!" Then he played a ripping rendition of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" as Wolfgang realesed a fart that went higher on the charts than "Tatoo!"
    What the fuck is this shit?

  5. #5
    Sinner's Swing! UncleCrappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.14.12
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    2,706
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes
    627
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?
    The Petra forum closed down.

  6. #6
    Good Enough ignorance_is_bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.26.10
    Age
    32
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,008
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

    09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?
    Don't look at it and it'll go away.

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikVanHalen View Post
    I heard that Eddie had a bet with Phil that if Wolfgang couldn't eat 26 flapjacks in 20 minutes that he had to rock his CABS on tour. Then Kool and the Gang rolled out a flattop grill and started singing Flapjacks boogie, and Wolfie started to tremble and shake. They laid down Dave's Slip and Slide and wolfie strted to dart to and fro devouring flapjacks at an amazing rate. In the end, there were two broken ankles, one laughing pappy, and a Kevin Smith looking cat that polished off no less than 436 delicious pancakes! Spectators that recalled the bet informed Eddie that he said "couldn't eat" 26 flapjacks,but Eddie won by rebutting "I said flapjacks, he was eating pancakes!" Then he played a ripping rendition of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" as Wolfgang realesed a fart that went higher on the charts than "Tatoo!"
    Keep your shit out of the Guitar Room, troll. In fact, how about you get off this site altogether?

    Regulars: Ignore him.

  8. #8
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,689
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

    Default

    He's gone. Dumbfuck.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.06.02
    Age
    46
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,679
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 11:12 PM
    Likes
    1,100
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_279 View Post
    Noticed while watching some videos from this year to see what to expect from the upcoming Def Leppard concert and notice a stack of EVH cabs.

    Think Phil is using the amps as well?

    Pretty cool, though, I think.

    ...something to look forward to in a couple three weeks up in Omaha. The girlfriend and I are seeing them on the 21st. For her, they were THE band growing up.

    On the plus side, Def Leppard does put on a pretty good live show, and they brought Billy Idol back in '09 or so...that show SMOKED!

    I'm NOT looking forward to Poison, AT ALL. But it will be fun to hear some of Lita's catalog once again.

  10. #10
    Eruption LeftyVanHalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.24.07
    Posts
    1,158
    Last Online

    08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Likes
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    He's gone. Dumbfuck.
    This is why I love this forum!

  11. #11
    Good Enough nobozos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Pekin, Il U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,743
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    22
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Speaking of singers that have lost it.........




    Phil Collen sounds great though.
    Aw, c'mon man. Give 'em a break. Guys like Dave, Joe, and Vince were singin' at the top of their range in the 80's. They're old dudes now. You can't seriously expect them to sing in those registers anymore. I think Dave's problem might be twofold. For one, I think he's trying to sing harmonies in an upper register that Mike was usually singing, which sounds odd, and not always good. The second thing is that he's still trying to hit these high notes, and his voice just won't allow it, at least not during a live show.

    BTW, I'm not gay or nuthin', but what's up with Phil Collen? He's fuckin' ripped for an old dude. His daily routine must be like, "Wake up-Gym-practice guitar-Gym-play gig-get laid-Gym-Sleep". Notice, eating was not in there.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

  12. #12
    Romeo Delight OokraMoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.02.11
    Posts
    105
    Last Online

    10.17.12 @ 03:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post

    BTW, I'm not gay or nuthin', but what's up with Phil Collen? He's fuckin' ripped for an old dude. His daily routine must be like, "Wake up-Gym-practice guitar-Gym-play gig-get laid-Gym-Sleep". Notice, eating was not in there.
    Yeah I seen an interview with him not long back, he's working out twice a day including while on tour, also he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore.

  13. #13
    Eruption donkost's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.28.08
    Age
    54
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,350
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Likes
    174
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OokraMoO View Post
    Yeah I seen an interview with him not long back, he's working out twice a day including while on tour, also he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore.
    A bunch of these old-time rockers have done a 180 with their daily routines. Look at Joe Perry of Aerosmith- the guy has been massively pumped up for quite a while. I guess in some cases once you get clean and see how much money you have it can make you want to live longer.

    Also, I recall just like with Axl Rose, I don't believe Vince Neil ever tried to sing like the recorded versions live back in the day. Used to skip words/lines not hit high notes, and so on. Could Joe Elliott sing live as high as the recorded versions back in the day? I never got around to seeing them back then. All of these guys are older now and a number of them never sang perfectly in the 80's... it was a live rock and roll show after all. Makes me wonder if there are Motley Crue or Def Leppard fan forums now where the members rip their respective lead singers to shreds like people do on the links. haha

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Def Leppard
    By BigBadBrian in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09.30.02, 08:48 PM
  2. Def Leppard new album
    By Bill.S.Preston Esquire in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07.27.02, 08:35 AM
  3. New Def Leppard Samples Available!
    By NOaverageJOE in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.04.02, 08:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •