Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default Def Leppard, EVH

Noticed while watching some videos from this year to see what to expect from the upcoming Def Leppard concert and notice a stack of EVH cabs.

Think Phil is using the amps as well?

Pretty cool, though, I think.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Speaking of singers that have lost it.........

Phil Collen sounds great though.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Banned!
    Last Online

06.29.12 @ 12:00 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Flapjacks!

I heard that Eddie had a bet with Phil that if Wolfgang couldn't eat 26 flapjacks in 20 minutes that he had to rock his CABS on tour. Then Kool and the Gang rolled out a flattop grill and started singing Flapjacks boogie, and Wolfie started to tremble and shake. They laid down Dave's Slip and Slide and wolfie strted to dart to and fro devouring flapjacks at an amazing rate. In the end, there were two broken ankles, one laughing pappy, and a Kevin Smith looking cat that polished off no less than 436 delicious pancakes! Spectators that recalled the bet informed Eddie that he said "couldn't eat" 26 flapjacks,but Eddie won by rebutting "I said flapjacks, he was eating pancakes!" Then he played a ripping rendition of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" as Wolfgang realesed a fart that went higher on the charts than "Tatoo!"
    Last edited by ErikVanHalen; 06.27.12 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Pancakes

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,297 Times in 3,167 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ErikVanHalen View Post
    I heard that Eddie had a bet with Phil that if Wolfgang couldn't eat 26 flapjacks in 20 minutes that he had to rock his CABS on tour. Then Kool and the Gang rolled out a flattop grill and started singing Flapjacks boogie, and Wolfie started to tremble and shake. They laid down Dave's Slip and Slide and wolfie strted to dart to and fro devouring flapjacks at an amazing rate. In the end, there were two broken ankles, one laughing pappy, and a Kevin Smith looking cat that polished off no less than 436 delicious pancakes! Spectators that recalled the bet informed Eddie that he said "couldn't eat" 26 flapjacks,but Eddie won by rebutting "I said flapjacks, he was eating pancakes!" Then he played a ripping rendition of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" as Wolfgang realesed a fart that went higher on the charts than "Tatoo!"
    What the fuck is this shit?

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    The Petra forum closed down.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Don't look at it and it'll go away.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErikVanHalen View Post
    Keep your shit out of the Guitar Room, troll. In fact, how about you get off this site altogether?

Regulars: Ignore him.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

He's gone. Dumbfuck.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:12 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_279 View Post
    Noticed while watching some videos from this year to see what to expect from the upcoming Def Leppard concert and notice a stack of EVH cabs.

Think Phil is using the amps as well?

Pretty cool, though, I think.

...something to look forward to in a couple three weeks up in Omaha. The girlfriend and I are seeing them on the 21st. For her, they were THE band growing up.

On the plus side, Def Leppard does put on a pretty good live show, and they brought Billy Idol back in '09 or so...that show SMOKED!

I'm NOT looking forward to Poison, AT ALL. But it will be fun to hear some of Lita's catalog once again.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    He's gone. Dumbfuck.
    This is why I love this forum!

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Speaking of singers that have lost it.........

Phil Collen sounds great though.
    Aw, c'mon man. Give 'em a break. Guys like Dave, Joe, and Vince were singin' at the top of their range in the 80's. They're old dudes now. You can't seriously expect them to sing in those registers anymore. I think Dave's problem might be twofold. For one, I think he's trying to sing harmonies in an upper register that Mike was usually singing, which sounds odd, and not always good. The second thing is that he's still trying to hit these high notes, and his voice just won't allow it, at least not during a live show.

BTW, I'm not gay or nuthin', but what's up with Phil Collen? He's fuckin' ripped for an old dude. His daily routine must be like, "Wake up-Gym-practice guitar-Gym-play gig-get laid-Gym-Sleep". Notice, eating was not in there.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

10.17.12 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post

BTW, I'm not gay or nuthin', but what's up with Phil Collen? He's fuckin' ripped for an old dude. His daily routine must be like, "Wake up-Gym-practice guitar-Gym-play gig-get laid-Gym-Sleep". Notice, eating was not in there.
    Yeah I seen an interview with him not long back, he's working out twice a day including while on tour, also he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OokraMoO View Post
    Yeah I seen an interview with him not long back, he's working out twice a day including while on tour, also he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore.
    A bunch of these old-time rockers have done a 180 with their daily routines. Look at Joe Perry of Aerosmith- the guy has been massively pumped up for quite a while. I guess in some cases once you get clean and see how much money you have it can make you want to live longer.

Also, I recall just like with Axl Rose, I don't believe Vince Neil ever tried to sing like the recorded versions live back in the day. Used to skip words/lines not hit high notes, and so on. Could Joe Elliott sing live as high as the recorded versions back in the day? I never got around to seeing them back then. All of these guys are older now and a number of them never sang perfectly in the 80's... it was a live rock and roll show after all. Makes me wonder if there are Motley Crue or Def Leppard fan forums now where the members rip their respective lead singers to shreds like people do on the links. haha