Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Next?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

What's Next?

Now that the U.S. part of the tour is over (for now), I wonder what is in store for the band.
    There has been mention of another album, tour in Japan, etc.

This year has been great so far, so hopefully it continues!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.23.12 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats next? Probably a Dave v Sam thread or Mike has class one really hoping for another new album that is at the top of my wish list

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 237 Times in 80 Posts

Looks like Japan tour in November. Possibly Australia around the same time. Then next year "something special".

For all intents and purposes, Van Halen seems to be getting along quite harmoniously right now and regardless of what era of the band you enjoy that must be great to see.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

I don't know if it's the next thing on their list, but I guarantee you that there will be a Sam and Dave (maybe even Mike) reunion somewhere down the road. There is no way that VH will continue to ignore the Sam era forever. There's simply too much money to be made with it.

Now they are milking everything out of the "Dave is back" movement, (they already had their Sam reunion) but as soon as they can't draw big enough crowds aka don't make as much money anymore, the inevtable will happen and they will bundle forces and go on a big farewell/greatest hits tour with both singers!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tease View Post
    I don't know if it's the next thing on their list, but I guarantee you that there will be a Sam and Dave (maybe even Mike) reunion somewhere down the road. There is no way that VH will continue to ignore the Sam era forever. There's simply too much money to be made with it.

Now they are milking everything out of the "Dave is back" movement, (they already had their Sam reunion) but as soon as they can't draw big enough crowds aka don't make as much money anymore, the inevtable will happen and they will bundle forces and go on a big farewell/greatest hits tour with both singers!
    I cannot foresee that at all! As much as I wish they would play with Sammy I think they never will. These guys are nearly 60, they should have made enough money to retire. I think we can be happy that they even play shows right now. After this Dave affair Van Halen will be dead imo. And Wolf will have his music coming up. Thats how I see it.

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

that ship has sailed my friend
    21 years old and dad has thrown him the keys to the car!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 11,769 Times in 6,520 Posts

Premium Member

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

it took 20+ years for Dave to finally get back with VH. It will take that long for Sammy, especially after the "book" he wrote. So by that timeline Sammy should tour with VH around the year 2026. Which is a clever way of saying I don't think it's ever going to happen.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
    I cannot foresee that at all! As much as I wish they would play with Sammy I think they never will. These guys are nearly 60, they should have made enough money to retire. I think we can be happy that they even play shows right now. After this Dave affair Van Halen will be dead imo. And Wolf will have his music coming up. Thats how I see it.
    As much as I'd love to see the real Sam and Dave tour, I can't see it either. I think we'd sooner get a power trio VH with Wolfgang singing

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Keep on dreaming. Sam put the final nail in the coffin when it comes to working with the brothers.

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jabbo View Post
    As much as I'd love to see the real Sam and Dave tour, I can't see it either. I think we'd sooner get a power trio VH with Wolfgang singing
    now that i'd like to see...just a side project though
    21 years old and dad has thrown him the keys to the car!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    Keep on dreaming. Sam put the final nail in the coffin when it comes to working with the brothers.
    As long as there are promoters, divorces, bad investments, breath in their lungs, and an audience willing to pay $$$$$, there is never a final nail.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

But it does seem highly unlikely .. ....

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    As long as there are promoters, divorces, bad investments, breath in their lungs, and an audience willing to pay $$$$$, there is never a final nail.
    OK, fair enough I give it .5% on it happening.

Favorite VH Album

VanHalen1
    Last Online

05.09.17 @ 09:23 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

whats next you say?

Right now Wolfies meeting with a realtor to buy a new house

Right now Ed's pushing a cart at home depot so he can remodel his house