Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man, it hurts!

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Boo hoo [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Cry me a river.

Go Sammy and Dave, go go...
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't worry captainjy, I hear ya. It's a kick in the stomach.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think there were any cheap shots taken there. Things were pretty lively due to the press conference and both Dave and Sammy probably had the adrenalin flowing.
    They said what was on their minds and I think they were pretty cool about it.
    Are they supposed to crawl into a hole and forget about music because the Van Halens aren't ready?
    The only thing Ed's anounced lately is "Don't use stripes on anything, and don't touch the numbers 5150 or I'll sue you".

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER
    Favorite VH Song

IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm with ya on this also. I was caught up in the excitement that was created because of this tour but by the end of the day it became depressing thinking about exactly what is going on. For these two to slam Ed and Al yet they are going on tour to sing Van Halen material is as ironic as it gets. The pictures of Micheal Anthony flippin everybody off at NAMM did'nt help my thoughts on the future of Van Halen either. Just look at Sammy in the pictures of the two of them posing with a midget and three yellow bunny-girls. It's written on his face of how stupid this thing is with Dave. I loved Dave in the past but now it's just getting old. Yes I'm going to their concert and I look forward to it, but when I go to Best Buy to look for new music and can't find shit, it is even more depressing knowing there is no new Van Halen to look forward to. Maybe I'm getting old and just can't get into Creed or Uncle Kracker.
    I DONT FEEL TARDY

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:

Are they supposed to crawl into a hole and forget about music because the Van Halens aren't ready?
    The only thing Ed's anounced lately is "Don't use stripes on anything, and don't touch the numbers 5150 or I'll sue you".
    well, I'm thinking the legal stuff is cuz Dave swiped up Brian Young to be his guitarist and cuz the two (sam and Dave) were gonna be together. ya know?
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only "dipshit" is someone who has too much wool in their eyes to see that the only ones keeping The Lying Dutchmen from a reunion are The Lying Dutchmen.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

House of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD,

Perhaps the only thing keeping Eddie quiet these days is his health. If all was well with him, then I'm pretty sure we would have heard something from him by now.

EVERYONE ELSE,

As for Dave, well, he just seems to get more and more desperate as the years go by. He's turned into a joke. How the mighty have fallen...Dave making all nicey nice with Sammy at the press conference after slamming him for the last 15 years, hooking up with a VH cover band for Christ sakes, pretending its 1984 all over again. What about this amazing DVD he supposedly made? Where is it if it's so good? What about the new cd he was supposed to release? Where is it? The guy is beyond washed up.

Go ahead and flame me all you want guys. This is coming from what used to be the biggest Van Halen fan out there, original edition thank you very much. These guys have turned my beloved band into the biggest joke in the history of rock, all of them: Eddie, Alex, Dave, Mike, Sammy, Gary. WTF is with Mike saying Dave is back and VH would release material and tour? I've had enough of these clowns, they're like a high school football team blaming each other for losing the big game. Eddie did it, Sammy has a lousy work ethic, LSD, blah blah fucking blah

Sammy needs to go to Cabo and stay there- fucking old man, Dave needs to fuck off and shut up- do something about your hair you karate chopping motherfucker, Mike needs to get his story straight and keep his mouth shut-go jam a bottle of your hot sauce up your ass, Alex needs a fucking spine transplant and get rid of that brace asshole, and Eddie needs to lose his shitty Peavey equipment and get his stripes back or fucking retire already. Listen to your first 6 albums and learn something for fuck sakes, you used to know how to play guitar, what the fuck happened? FUCK AM I MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even making any sense FUCK!

Gary's the only one who has had any dignity in this whole mess. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

RIGHT NOW
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by crs1984:
    FORD,

Perhaps the only thing keeping Eddie quiet these days is his health. If all was well with him, then I'm pretty sure we would have heard something from him by now.

EVERYONE ELSE,

As for Dave, well, he just seems to get more and more desperate as the years go by. He's turned into a joke. How the mighty have fallen...Dave making all nicey nice with Sammy at the press conference after slamming him for the last 15 years, hooking up with a VH cover band for Christ sakes, pretending its 1984 all over again. What about this amazing DVD he supposedly made? Where is it if it's so good? What about the new cd he was supposed to release? Where is it? The guy is beyond washed up.

Go ahead and flame me all you want guys. This is coming from what used to be the biggest Van Halen fan out there, original edition thank you very much. These guys have turned my beloved band into the biggest joke in the history of rock, all of them: Eddie, Alex, Dave, Mike, Sammy, Gary. WTF is with Mike saying Dave is back and VH would release material and tour? I've had enough of these clowns, they're like a high school football team blaming each other for losing the big game. Eddie did it, Sammy has a lousy work ethic, LSD, blah blah fucking blah

Sammy needs to go to Cabo and stay there- fucking old man, Dave needs to fuck off and shut up- do something about your hair you karate chopping motherfucker, Mike needs to get his story straight and keep his mouth shut-go jam a bottle of your hot sauce up your ass, Alex needs a fucking spine transplant and get rid of that brace asshole, and Eddie needs to lose his shitty Peavey equipment and get his stripes back or fucking retire already. Listen to your first 6 albums and learn something for fuck sakes, you used to know how to play guitar, what the fuck happened? FUCK AM I MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even making any sense FUCK!

Gary's the only one who has had any dignity in this whole mess. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OUCH!!!! Calm down it's only a rock band.
    NO,NO,NO DON'T TAKE EM OFF

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As for Dave, well, he just seems to get more and more desperate as
    the years go by. He's turned into a joke. How the mighty have
    fallen...Dave making all nicey nice with Sammy at the press conference
    after slamming him for the last 15 years, hooking up with a VH cover
    band for Christ sakes, pretending its 1984 all over again. What about
    this amazing DVD he supposedly made? Where is it if it's so good? What
    about the new cd he was supposed to release? Where is it? The guy is
    beyond washed up.

Go ahead and flame me all you want guys. This is coming from what
    used to be the biggest Van Halen fan out there, original edition thank
    you very much. These guys have turned my beloved band into the
    biggest joke in the history of rock, all of them: Eddie, Alex, Dave, Mike,
    Sammy, Gary. WTF is with Mike saying Dave is back and VH would
    release material and tour? I've had enough of these clowns, they're like
    a high school football team blaming each other for losing the big game.
    Eddie did it, Sammy has a lousy work ethic, LSD, blah blah fucking blah

Sammy needs to go to Cabo and stay there- fucking old man, Dave
    needs to fuck off and shut up- do something about your hair you karate
    chopping motherfucker, Mike needs to get his story straight and keep
    his mouth shut-go jam a bottle of your hot sauce up your ass, Alex
    needs a fucking spine transplant and get rid of that brace asshole, and
    Eddie needs to lose his shitty Peavey equipment and get his stripes back
    or fucking retire already. Listen to your first 6 albums and learn
    something for fuck sakes, you used to know how to play guitar, what
    the fuck happened? FUCK AM I MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even making any
    sense FUCK!

Gary's the only one who has had any dignity in this whole mess.
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Damn, that was one of the funniest rants I've heard in a long time!! That was the shit, although I don't agree with all of it. But the honesty is great!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For a fan who grew up with Van Halen with Dave and Sammy, somehow, this Sam/Dave tour hurts! Somewhere along the way, VH crumbled for some unknown and unsaid reason. I listened to the clips from the press conference and Dave is still a dipshit. Yeah sure, he is energetic and can entertain, but he isn't all there. I thought it was dis-tasteful to slam Ed and Al like he did. Just another cheap shot, really. The saddest part is that really, Van Halen is splintered and it doesn't look like they will ever get back together, but who knows? Maybe that act of God will come through and Dave, Sam and VH will suprise everyone. I still hope for the best because damn, when VH was together, the made some great music.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, it's almost funny.

Van Halen has/had five members.

Ed and Al get along.

Sam and Dave found a way to get along.

Mike gets along with Ed and Al AND Sam and Dave. But since Ed and Al and Sam and Dave can't get along, Mike can't get along with both simultaneously.

When did our band stop being a unit and start being two sandlot baseball teams fighting over who gets the last pick?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, Van Gully...I can see you are one of those flop fans that is hard up for ANYTHING VH related so go buy your tickets to the circus. Now, fuck off.

Definitely, Sam and Dave are a part of VH, but let's not kid ourselves- Dave is a dipshit. He talks in riddles that even he doesn't understand, I don't know if you can really call that stuff on his head hair, he acts like a complete nobber ALL the time and he is hard up for some payback. I remember at the end of the Sammy days actually feeling sorry for Dave. He was playing tunes in Vegas, a nobody. So now he is putting out cheesy videos, plays some concerts and gets involved in this "big" summer tour and is still...a nobody. Let me sum up Dave...he is a knucklefuck.

I agree with NODDABANDALIFESTYLE, look at Sammy and he almost looks like he regrets doing this. Sure, people will go see them and everyone will talk, but everyone in this group knows damn well that this is not what we wanted. Everyone is all caught up in something, anything VH. Roth knows this, Sammy knows this and you can bet your ass that the tour manager and promoters know this. And rest assured, everyone damn person who goes to see them in concert will, in the back of their minds, wish that Ed was right there strumming his guitar! Come on! This is hype.

Let me end this on this note- Dave, albeit, a complete ass, was great with VH. He was entertaining and almost funny at times. He always brought out the best sound in Ed. Sammy added another style to VH and to me, was just as good with VH as DLR. Add in Mike, Ed and Al and you had some of fastest, purist rock music you will ever hear. Separate them and all you have is a circus.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

LOL!

Ever heard of a ddue called madden? You dudes should link up!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by NODDABANDALIFESTYLE:
    . Yes I'm going to their concert and I look forward to it, but when I go to Best Buy to look for new music and can't find shit, it is even more depressing knowing there is no new Van Halen to look forward to. Maybe I'm getting old and just can't get into Creed or Uncle Kracker.
    Try Stone Temple Pilots. They are the best modern rock band around.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain"t Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

captainjy , quit your whining, its only music, this is great that SaM & Dave are touring, don't forget they wrote this music with Ed, they have just as much a right to play it as Ed does, and as far as Ed's health goes, he smokes , he still smokes after being diagnosed with cancer( apparently he's not taking it seriously), he made his own bed and now he can sleep in it, I do not feel sorry for anyone who does not take of their own health. He knows the consequences.