Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Default Ed's Red Stealth

First... Lode, I stole your awesome pic of this guitar... Thanks...

So, why did Ed only play this guitar on the "keyboard tunes"??? Are those a different tuning or is there something different with this guitar?

I will say, that guitar looks really badass!!! I think the red with the ebony board with the block inlays go very well together... Also, the red sides and back give it a really cool look too...

If they came out with a special version of this look and the build quality is as good as they are hoping when they move production to Mexico, I would be VERY tempted to buy one... I loved the look of the Stealth's when they came out, but this one just really grabs me big time!!!

What do you guys/girls/other think of the new axe???
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

What do I think??

I think it kicks arse. Fantastic looking axe.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post

First... Lode, I stole your awesome pic of this guitar... Thanks...

So, why did Ed only play this guitar on the "keyboard tunes"??? Are those a different tuning or is there something different with this guitar?

I will say, that guitar looks really badass!!! I think the red with the ebony board with the block inlays go very well together... Also, the red sides and back give it a really cool look too...

If they came out with a special version of this look and the build quality is as good as they are hoping when they move production to Mexico, I would be VERY tempted to buy one... I loved the look of the Stealth's when they came out, but this one just really grabs me big time!!!

What do you guys/girls/other think of the new axe???
    I think it looks sweet. When he busted it out at the Oakland show that I went to, I liked it better than the Charvel one-offs. The matte-finish WGs are probably my favorite.

Eddie busts it out in every tune they play in Standard Tuning.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

Donor

I think the shade of red (headstock in the pic) goes really well with the ebony board and the block inlays... I wasn't too fond of those inlays when I saw them on some of the other finishes, but I think it really fits the look of that guitar...

I think it's great he's using ebony boards nowadays... He probably has noticed better attack with his notes... Even though his tone is pretty gainy, the ebony probably helps a bunch with the articulation of the notes... I have noticed it with my ebony board equipped guitar... I've said it a million times but I missed the ebony boards when I bought my Wolfgang 15 years ago and I'm so glad to have it again with the new one... I admit, seeing the black Stealth inspired me to go back to an ebony board...

Back to the red one... I think they need to put that finish into production ASAP!!! I bet they would sell a good number of both USA's and Specials in that finish... I just hope they don't put the block inlays on the Special because it if they do, I would be REALLY tempted to buy one... The block inlays just make the guitar look complete with that color... Kudos to the styling team on this one for sure...
    Jet City Super Stealth

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

I love by Peavey WG and when the Fender ones came out, I wasn't moved. But the Stealth and some of the custom guitars came out and they super interesting and aesthetically gorgeous. Once I saw the red matte come out, my jaw hit the floor. That guitar is sweet.

I still haven't played one of the new Fender WGs yet.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

I love the matte red Stealth(?). It looks awesome, although I love the black one better.... Hopefully, this is the road he will go down for color choice for the Wolfgangs. The "right" shade of purple with black binding would be sweet, too.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Kinda reminds me of the red Steinberger GM models - they were kinda a matte finish. I actually would much prefer dots instead of the block inlays though.

I love that they're doing all sorts of new finishes though! Has anyone seen the Goldtop? I had heard he used a Goldtop for a few songs in Dallas.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I actually do not like the color at all! I like the stealth look alot, but this red just looks like faded cheap spraypaint to me.

I miss the stunning trans colors on the Ernie Balls with the beautiful birdseye necks and quilted wood grains. Like I said, I am a fan of the BLK stealth, because it is unique and tough looking, but that is the only Fender EVH that I like. The ivory did nothing for me as do any of the other finishes on the Fenders.

I think he should just stick with the black stealths on this tour, or stripe up one with black/silver or matte black/gloss black.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Last Online

12.11.15 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F'nRockstar View Post
    I actually do not like the color at all! I like the stealth look alot, but this red just looks like faded cheap spraypaint to me.

I miss the stunning trans colors on the Ernie Balls with the beautiful birdseye necks and quilted wood grains.
    You can still get an Axis!

Does anyone have a link or pic to the fabled gold Stealth? (and the As Is soundcheck for that matter...)

I think he's playing it quite plain with these Wolfgangs. I suppose the others do come out in bursts too, but apart from his original stripes, the MM colours were awesome. It would be cool to see him with something blue or green, he doesn't really go coral.
    If I told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about what I've gone through over the last 20 odd years, what it took to finally get where I am, people just wouldn't fucking believe it. So it's pointless. I now realize that I can't change people's minds, and I really don't want to or need to try. I'm at peace with it, and that's all that matters. - Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

Got one...just looking for a 2nd guitar and the new EVH's will not be it. This 'red' one looks like pink to me.

I'm thinking a Kramer 1984 reissue. with a green/white/black 5150 paint scheme....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

Donor

Under the bright lights it does look pink but when I saw it out of the light being taken off stage, it looked more like a Fender Fiesta Red with the "stealth" treatment...

Are the 1984 reissues still available or are they discontinued? I can't find them anywhere... I didn't know there was such a thing until you mentioned it...
    Jet City Super Stealth

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    Under the bright lights it does look pink but when I saw it out of the light being taken off stage, it looked more like a Fender Fiesta Red with the "stealth" treatment...

Are the 1984 reissues still available or are they discontinued? I can't find them anywhere... I didn't know there was such a thing until you mentioned it...
    discontinued I think

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

discontinued unfortunately.....I'll find one on Ebay.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Default Red EVH Stealth

does anyone know if EVH / Fender plans to release the red stealth version like the one Ed used live last year a few times? That is one I would love to have.

Rob

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

No idea, but I'd definitely want one too, that flat red looks really cool.

I'm hoping EVH comes out with some more options with ebony boards for the Special line. I also think an LP-like Custom Special would be killer.