Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default White people say 'we're privileged and that's unfair'

The University of Minnesota Duluth has created a provocative, in-your-face statement about what it means to be white in America. The controversial video, which is being denounced as racist in some quarters, features a gallery of Caucasians issuing stark confessions (some of which are painted on their faces in black) about how "unfair" it is that they're entitled to so many privileges because of the color of their skin. "We're privileged because society was set up for us -- and our silence keeps it in place," one man solemnly states. The video is part of a larger University of Minnesota-sponsored "Un-Fair" campaign designed to achieve "racial justice."

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Dumb fuckers. lol. Jesus..
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

What the hell is this? Yeah I feel so privileged.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

I had a Business Ethics professor last summer who was all bent on this "white privilege" stuff. She made everyone take this big 200 question survey about how guilty we should feel for being white. Very similar content to this video. Liberal educators love this stuff.
    No one showed up to the next class when we were to spend the entire nearly 3 hours of class time discussing it.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I'm so sick of this liberal/left wing bullshit. One day they'll realize that it's them creating the divide, not the rest of society who just want a fair deal for all.
    Study hard and work hard and you will be rewarded for your efforts regardless of your ethnicity.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I was in college when the mini-series Roots was aired on TV. I had a teacher who spent the entire week talking about it and this class was Introduction to Geography! Being born white no one has given me anything in my 54 years except my parents. I have worked hard since I was 14 and paid my bills and taxes.We need to remember the past and learn from our mistakes, but we also need to realize that everyone who had anything to do with slavery and segregation are dead and lets move on and not dwell on it 24/7. I was raised Jewish but I don't hate Germans or Catholics etc. Its all in the past. Thats my beef with Islam because they are still living in 400AD. Get over it!
    Last edited by edwardv; 06.23.12 at 05:28 AM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:48 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    I had a Business Ethics professor last summer who was all bent on this "white privilege" stuff. She made everyone take this big 200 question survey about how guilty we should feel for being white. Very similar content to this video. Liberal educators love this stuff.
    No one showed up to the next class when we were to spend the entire nearly 3 hours of class time discussing it.
    The only reason I feel guilty when it comes to white america is how weak and soft it is becoming. That I do feel sad about.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

Yeah, my parents grew up with no electricity or running water. Damn, they should feel privileged.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Dude, you other honkies haven't taken advantage of your inherent privilege yet? Come on, get with the times!

When I was in grade school I had asian people do my homework. At first the teacher complained, but then I pointed out that I was white and I didn't have to work for my success. She understood and let it continue. Then, when I applied to college, I was immediately offered an acceptance letter at my school of choosing because I was a white male. The universities even gave me a scholarship because I was white. Heck, the bank even gave me a low interest rate because I was a government-protected white.

Then when I got out of school, finding a job was a breeze! You wouldn't believe the demand for white males with bachelors degrees! Where I really had an advantage was in government jobs. You see, they have quotas for how many white males they need to hire to keep in good graces.

And should I ever fall on hard luck due to discrimination, i.e. things not going well for me, I have a group of white pioneers who will come and protest besides me. Yes, Jesse McJackson and Albert O'Sharpton come to my events and get the media in a frenzy until the world bends to my demands.

Heh...you guys are suckers for not riding this gravy train.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Dude, you other honkies haven't taken advantage of your inherent privilege yet? Come on, get with the times!

When I was in grade school I had asian people do my homework. At first the teacher complained, but then I pointed out that I was white and I didn't have to work for my success. She understood and let it continue. Then, when I applied to college, I was immediately offered an acceptance letter at my school of choosing because I was a white male. The universities even gave me a scholarship because I was white. Heck, the bank even gave me a low interest rate because I was a government-protected white.

Then when I got out of school, finding a job was a breeze! You wouldn't believe the demand for white males with bachelors degrees! Where I really had an advantage was in government jobs. You see, they have quotas for how many white males they need to hire to keep in good graces.

And should I ever fall on hard luck due to discrimination, i.e. things not going well for me, I have a group of white pioneers who will come and protest besides me. Yes, Jesse McJackson and Albert O'Sharpton come to my events and get the media in a frenzy until the world bends to my demands.

Heh...you guys are suckers for not riding this gravy train.
    I think I detect a hint of sarcasm there...

The thing that gets me is that out of guilt, out of necessity, out of an attempt to balance the tables - whatever - we put all these systems in place - affirmative action quotas and desegregation and what have you to try and offer equality, and there are so many amongst their own race that don't want their own kind to get ahead, to work their way out of the ghettos and become educated and live middle class lives just like the rest of us. I'm pretty sure nobody's running around Bithlo telling the "white" kids not to try and better themselves - everyone should be trying to better themselves, no matter what colour their skin is. Asians don't seem to have a problem coming over and trying to make a better life for themselves. Other than the unwillingness to learn the language and the fact that they tend to come here illegally, you can say the same thing about a lot of the Hispanics.

Bottom line, these University of Minnesota idiots are just another bunch of rebels without a clue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Fuck all the hard core left wing liberal pussies !!!
    I try to stay out of political spectrum but in this case,
    They can all go fuck themselves---these are the very same pussies who run from military service and yet demand protection. If you cannot stand up and be an honest working man or woman than you should just kill yourself because you ain't worth shit anyway !!!
    Yes, I am a WHITE MAN and no I am not keeping you down.
    I am descriminated against everyday for being WHITE !!!
    Get the fuck outa the country and go back to Africa or Mexico or go suck an Islamic Sausage if you don't like it.
    If you disagree with me (and wanna comment about it) FUCK YOU TOO !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

I'm going to get jumped on here; however, if you examine the wheel of privilege, it is clear that being white gives you more privilege in North America, so does being male, christian and heterosexual.

I conducted an experiment recently with a Native woman here. The results were astounding. We went to a coffee shop, we both sat in a large booth, she was asked to move to a smaller table, I was served.

We both ordered the same thing, coffee and a muffin. They never came to her table to offer a re-fill, I got 2. I left first, told them I was 25 cents short for the bill...no problem.

She did the same, and they were going to call the police until she found a quarter in the bottom of her purse.

We went shopping, used our credit cards. She was asked for picture I'd, I wasn't.

We traded cars for the night. I have a burned-out headlight. I've driven past tons of cops at night, always worry I'll get nailed for that head-light, never have been. She was stopped by the first cop she went past...

Every experiment we tried, I was treated better. For some, we were dressed the same. For some, she was dressed WAY better than me, and the results were still the same.

So yeah, being white does place you in a higher position of power and privilege. I'm halfway through my BSW, so this is something I've studied quite a bit. The focus here isn't to create "white guilt", but to develop an awareness among individuals.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

Where do you live? That would not happen living in LA where whites are actually the minority.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    I'm going to get jumped on here; however, if you examine the wheel of privilege, it is clear that being white gives you more privilege in North America, so does being male, christian and heterosexual.
    In my opinion, your study is very flawed.

As Brett mentioned, it absolutely is dramatically affected by where you live in the country.

As a white, male, heterosexual Christian, there are of course places I am going to be treated much better than a black, female, lesbian atheist.

But, there are certain places in which the exact opposite is true.

I work in DC, you go to Dupont Circle for business without being gay, and it is definitely a disadvantage (just because I won't kiss everyone at the table before a business meeting, they hold it against me, jeesh!).
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Brett,

There are all kinds of studies out there if you look. I've seen similar studies conducted with hiring/resumes in HR. Identical resumes were sent out, except the names were changed to where some were obviously ethnic. The unidentifiable names consistently did better than the obvious ethnic names - more calls, more interviews, etc.

The bottom line is that this is still a white, Christian, male society and race/gender/cultural discrimination is alive and well. From what I'm hearing about the Euro Cup, it's worse in Europe, but this isn't a comparative competition.

And as for some of the comments on here - a white Christian male cannot possibly ever understand what it is to be black in the US. There are some white people who get a taste - someone who perhaps is openly and obviously gay, a Jewish man wearing a Yarmulke all the time, etc. But even then, I'm not sure it's quite the same.

The only element about this being political is that the right tries to deny the problem exists, while the left tries to over compensate out of some deep seated guilt. Neither is actually conducive to a solution.