Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Default NHL Season 2013 - idiots killed the 2012 part

Let the daily Rick Nash rumors begin..........

Expecting a quiet off-season from the Bruins. They're pretty set with the roster they've got. Looks like Tuuka Rask will be the man in the pipes this year now that Thomas has gone AWOL.
    Last edited by Double Down; 06.17.12 at 05:26 PM.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

I say he ends up In Detroit, but that's me
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

The Wings have a boatload of cap space. I think priority 1 for them is Suter with Parise close second.

It'll be interesting to see how they look next year without Lidstrom.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Meanie View Post
    The Wings have a boatload of cap space. I think priority 1 for them is Suter with Parise close second.

It'll be interesting to see how they look next year without Lidstrom.
    Yup. If Suter and Parise don't work out I think they'll get Wideman and Semin. However, I DO think they'll get at least either Suter or Parise. They could use a gritty 4th liner too, I believe Brandon Prust and Jarret Stoll were on their list.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

No clue what my Flyers are set to do this off-season. They have a few RFA's that they'll bring back most likely. I don't get the feeling that they're looking to make a big splash in the UFA market, but they need a dman or two in the worst way. More size down the middle would be nice as well, unless the plan on moving Briere to the wing.

Obviously a goaltender may be on their wish list as well.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evhisagod View Post
    I say he ends up In Detroit, but that's me
    Looking more and more like NASH will end up with the NY Rangers. Rangers were the closest to acquiring Nash at the trade deadline last season. NYR also have the young players to deal + they are on Nash's list of approved trade teams.

NYR GM Glen Sather may also be looking at the LA Kings "GO FOR IT and win now approach". Make a big deal to go for the Cup.

++++

Top FREE AGENTS are Zack Parise & Ryan Suter. Where they sign will be a big deal.

++

Also don't forget that Roberto Loungo is still on the trade block.
    Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 06.18.12 at 08:58 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

NHL plans to take Devils from owner Vanderbeek

By JOSH KOSMAN

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is preparing to take control of the money-losing hockey franchise in the event Vanderbeek fails to refinance the Devils’ debt before a looming Aug. 14 deadline, The Post has learned.

In recent days, the commissioner’s office has told potential suitors to be ready in case he moves on the team and pushes Vanderbeek aside, a source close to the situation said.

Vanderbeek is near a deal to sell a majority stake to a mystery investor, which would allow him to keep control of the Eastern Conference champions, one source said. The proceeds from a sale would be used to repay lenders much of the $77 million in past due debt.

But while Bettman has said publicly that he expects the Devils’ financial situation to be resolved soon, his behind-the-scenes moves suggest he’s far from confident that a deal will get done.

His skepticism shouldn’t come as a surprise. Since the Devils missed a principal payment in September, Vanderbeek has said several times he was close to a solution to the team’s debt woes, only to come up short.

When the team made it to Stanley Cup finals this spring, the team’s lenders agreed to extend the deadline for when they could put the team in default from early July to August, sources said.

Asked about the Devils before Game 1 of the finals last month, Bettman said Vanderbeek “is working to both refinance the debt on the club and equity-raise, and he appears to be fairly confident that he can pull this off in the next few weeks.”

Bettman added, “Since I’ve been in touch with the banks on a regular basis, we seem to be on track.”

The commissioner is expected to give Vanderbeek a few more weeks to complete a financial restructuring but will not wait until the Aug. 14 deadline passes, sources said.

The NHL would likely force him out sooner to give suitors enough time to study the team’s financials and make an offer to lenders before the bankruptcy deadline, according to sources.

Moreover, new investors may not want to buy the team and leave Vanderbeek in charge, sources added.

Faced with losing control of the team, Vanderbeek could also decide to put the Devils into bankruptcy and buy himself several months to arrange a restructuring plan.

Thanks to their success on ice this year, when the team staged an upset win over the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference Championships, the Devils could go from losing $20 million in the regular season to almost breaking even next year, sources said.

The Devils declined to comment, while the NHL did not return calls.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1yA201OVi
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

Also one more STANLEY CUP celebration pic.

Looks like the LA Kings took the Stanley Cup to LAS VEGAS to party.

DRY ISLAND!

+++++

So should I order a Mike Richards #10 or a Jeff Carter #77 jersey just for the LOLs? Might have to go Richie to match my dusty old #18 Flyers jersey that only Sucka knows that I keep hidden in the back of my closet.....haha....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post

Obviously a goaltender may be on their wish list as well.
    Um.....what??? "Obviously" a goalie on their wishlist?? After that ridiculous contract to Bryz they would move on already?? No way.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Um.....what??? "Obviously" a goalie on their wishlist?? After that ridiculous contract to Bryz they would move on already?? No way.
    I believe they may want to move Sergei Bobrovsky in favor of a veteran player to push Bryz.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Oh. Gotcha. Because they're saddled with Bryz whether they like it or not thanks to that brain fart they had giving him that insane deal.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Looking at his numbers he actually had a solid season, despite being wildly inconsistent in his play. The team MUST play better in front of the goaltender. I'd advise the Flyers to pay attention to teams like Rangers, Bruins and Devils for example. Those teams take that kinda play very seriously. Laviolette is cool and all, but the defensive scheme needs work without Pronger.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Welp, looks like the one player that did catch my eye on the FA list is deciding to stay put.

Defenceman Barret Jackman won't be testing the free agent market in July after all.

The St. Louis Blues announced on Monday that the defenceman has signed a three-year contract. While the club did not release terms of the deal, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting that contract has a total value of $9.5 million.

"Barret has been a solid leader for our club, on and off the ice, and we're happy to have him in the fold for the next three years," Blues executive vice president and general manager Doug Armstrong said in a statement. "He's a staple of the organization and the community and his positive influence on our young core has and will remain an invaluable asset."

"St. Louis is our home and my family and I are excited to be staying," said Jackman. "I am proud of the progress we made this season but our fans deserve a championship and our team will not be satisfied until we achieve that goal."

Jackman, 31, dressed in 81 games for the Blues last season recording 13 points (one goal, 12 assists) and 57 penalty minutes while tying for second on the club with a +20 rating.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post
    NHL plans to take Devils from owner Vanderbeek
    Ah, the New York Post, the newspaper that specializes in printing doom-and-gloom articles. I wouldn't put too much stock in that piece. I think the NYP must have it written in its handbook that it must publish a disparaging piece like that at least once or twice a month. They know that's the best way to get Devils fans to read their rag. Notice how the article covers its ass on both sides. That way, whatever happens, they can claim they weren't wrong. Tabloid journalism at its finest.
    "We decided to do everything you'd expect, but make it high speed, low drag."
    -- DLR (8-13-07)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 95Crash View Post
    Ah, the New York Post, the newspaper that specializes in printing doom-and-gloom articles. I wouldn't put too much stock in that piece. I think the NYP must have it written in its handbook that it must publish a disparaging piece like that at least once or twice a month. They know that's the best way to get Devils fans to read their rag. Notice how the article covers its ass on both sides. That way, whatever happens, they can claim they weren't wrong. Tabloid journalism at its finest.
    Doom and gloom would be perfect actually. Hopefully the Devils get sold and the new owner can move you and your buddy Marty Brodeur away from me!!
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook