Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:54 AM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Default I-Rig for Iphone/Ipod

Happy Fathers Day guys,

hey the Wife and Kids got me an Irig for my Iphone. Kinda neat. You download an app called ampitube for free and then you can plug your guitar into your iphone or ipod and a set of headphones or external speakers and rock out on the run. Been messing with it and your can record and all kinds of stuff. Jam to tunes and record.
    anyone get one of these or have some neat VH settings? I am looking forward to going on vacation this summer without bringing an amp.

Rob

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.01.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I love mine. They also have a slash update. His sig Marshall and the AFD Marshall not tried them.

Not gotten a good VH tone. But I pulled back the gain and presence and it browned up a bit

Last Online

10.17.12 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just choose an amp that has a Marshall flavour (JCM, Plexi, JTM etc), choose a 4x12 cab greenbacks (20's or 25's), turn all the EQ's to 10, and the gain too, kick on a Tubeskreamer pedal and adjust the gain and level on that until you get the right amount.

Delay (preferably modelling echoplex), about 320ms with a single repeat.

Should get you in the ballpark using any modeller at all.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:22 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I got the iRig and Amplitube app when they first came out. They're a neat headphone amp solution, though I found the noise to be an issue. I also use the desktop version of Amplitube, and I like it a lot.

As it happens, I've been trying out the new Slash models on the desktop version, and I found the AFD amp, when set to mimic the modded early 70s Super Lead (AFD mode) he used on Appetite, gets a pretty good Van Halen tone. It might be worth trying the iOS version if you're after a brown-ish sound.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:54 AM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Cool I will give that a shot

Rob

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got Amplitube Slash too, the AFD amp pretty much sucks, it's way too flubby unlike the real life one, but man.. that #34 switch on it is fucking killer, best JCM 800 model I've heard yet! Also the new slant cab they added for Slash sounds much better than the old stuff. I'll throw a clip up later, gets a decent VH tone too

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by OokraMoO View Post
    I just got Amplitube Slash too, the AFD amp pretty much sucks, it's way too flubby unlike the real life one, but man.. that #34 switch on it is fucking killer, best JCM 800 model I've heard yet! Also the new slant cab they added for Slash sounds much better than the old stuff. I'll throw a clip up later, gets a decent VH tone too
    Just shows how any given tone might or might not work for any given player. I love the AFD mode, but find the #34 too thin and nasal. Horses for courses, and all that.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2 View Post
    Just shows how any given tone might or might not work for any given player. I love the AFD mode, but find the #34 too thin and nasal. Horses for courses, and all that.
    I suppose lol, how have you got the cab/mic setup?

I did SM57 deadcentre on the 4x12 slant slash cab.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I've got all versions of Amplitube except the Slash one. I really don't know why I bothered, I was never happy with any of them. The models don't (to my ears) sound authentic and, as Charvel2 said, theres too much noise and hiss. Guitar Rig 5 is an awesome program and sounds great but at the end of the day I'll probably still use either the Fractal or the VH4 for proper recordings.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by OokraMoO View Post
    I suppose lol, how have you got the cab/mic setup?

I did SM57 deadcentre on the 4x12 slant slash cab.
    Depends on the tone. For a VH-ish sound, I use the same cabs and mics I do with my normal early VH preset - a combination of the 4x12 Closed 25C and J120, which is close to the hybrid Greenback and JBL cab EVH used. I use the Dynamic 57 mic and Velo-8 off axis on the 25C, and a 57 on centre for the JC120. For a more AC/DC kind of classic rock tone, I use just the 25c or the Slash cab with the Dynamic 421 and Condenser 67, both off axis, with the condenser set further away from the speaker to get more air in the sound. That's pretty much my default cab/mic setup for rock tones, and I use the placement of the 421 as kind of a treble EQ depending on how much bite I want.

Also, I found with the AFD setting, it does get mushy if you wind up the gain too high. It's a matter of balancing the master and gain controls; I liked the overdrive better by using the master to drive the virtual output tubes, and keeping the gain back. Also, I maxed all the EQ controls except the bass, which is all the way down for higher gain tones, and no more than 12 o'clock for lower gain tones.
    Last edited by Charvel2; 06.19.12 at 10:02 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    I've got all versions of Amplitube except the Slash one. I really don't know why I bothered, I was never happy with any of them. The models don't (to my ears) sound authentic and, as Charvel2 said, theres too much noise and hiss. Guitar Rig 5 is an awesome program and sounds great but at the end of the day I'll probably still use either the Fractal or the VH4 for proper recordings.
    The noise issue was with the iPhone version, not the desktop/Windows version of Amplitube. I've got the StealthPedal interface, which I think is a big help. I tried Guitar Rig, and I never really got on with it. Likewise Revalver. I've really got to try the Axe FX one of these days.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 11,603 Times in 4,947 Posts

We are doing our new CD on Guitar Rig 5. I like it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2 View Post
    The noise issue was with the iPhone version, not the desktop/Windows version of Amplitube. I've got the StealthPedal interface, which I think is a big help. I tried Guitar Rig, and I never really got on with it. Likewise Revalver. I've really got to try the Axe FX one of these days.
    Yeah, I tried a few interfaces and there was still a noise issue, although the gate does help.
    Out of all the computer based programs I have tried, I like Guitar Rig 5 best.
    If you're ever over here look me up, you can come and play with the Fractal and I've just ordered the Axe FX II so there's even more noise to be made and while you're here you can autograph your book for me...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Thoughts about the mobile pod?