Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Mayor Bloomberg says elementary school will no longer sing Justin Bieber song

NEW YORK – The controversial elementary school principal that nixed a patriotic anthem in favor of a Justin Bieber song at kindergarten graduation ceremony has decided to not allow the pop star's ballad either, The New York Post reports.

New York City Mayor Bloomberg along with Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott announced at a Monday press conference that PS 90 in Brooklyn will no longer sing Justin Bieber's "Baby" at the school’s June 20 kindergarten graduation ceremony.

School Principal Greta Hawkins raised outrage after The New York Post reported Sunday that she had decided Lee Greenwood’s patriotic “God Bless the USA," was inappropriate for the ceremony, but was allowing the pop star's flirty song about teenage romance.

However, Walcott says Hawkins has decided not to allow the Bieber song either, though he says no city officials pressured her to do so.

“Now as far as Justin Bieber, I understand some of the issues people raised," he said, according to The New York Post. "It’s my understanding that song will not be part of the ‘moving up’ ceremony as well . . . I support our principals along that line.

However, the officials made no indication Hawkins planned on reinstating the Greenwood song, which Hawkins nixed because she reportedly "did not want to offend other cultures."

Her decision raised outrage among both local lawmakers and parents, including Congressman Michael G. Grimm (R,C-S.I/Brooklyn).

“I am outraged that NYC’s Department of Education is standing by the decision of PS 90’s principal to pull the song ‘Proud to be an American’ from the upcoming kindergarten ceremony, for fear of offending other cultures," he said in a statement. “The only thing offensive about any of this is the anti-American message being engrained in our youth. We all should be proud to be American and we should never ever apologize for it!"

Some parents have started a Facebook petition to get the song reinstated at the ceremony.

“A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride,” parent Luz Lozada told The New York Post.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Jesus. They're just kids. They're probably more traumatized by being the negative center of attention in all of this than they would be through whatever song they performed
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

Our stupidity knows no bounds.

If I may ask our neighbors to the north, is Canada as fucked up politically correct as America has become?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

and on and on and on...

Parent outraged over her son not being able to sing “God Bless the USA”

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1683365797001/

Fox & Friends Promote Outrage Over Lee Greenwood's Patriotic Song Nixed By School Principal "Pulling Plug On Patriotism"

Lee Greenwood's schlocky "I'm Proud to be an American" is the unofficial National Anthem for red state America. As such, any affront to this sacred song becomes a cause célèbre in right wing world and by extension, on Fox & Friends which, earlier this year, expressed outrage that a public school abandoned plans to sing Greenwood's song that has become the standard prop of any gathering of God fearing, patriotic Americans.

This world is outraged again because, as reported in the Murdoch owned NY Post, a Coney Island school principal removed Greenwood's song from kindergarten graduation because she "didn't want to offend other cultures." Meanwhile, the kids will sing Justin Bieber's "Baby" which, I will admit, seems a little odd given that the lyrics are about teenage romance. It's obviously a local issue; but that didn't stop Fox & Friends from taking it nation by doing a segment on this latest right wing hissy fit - a segment that included commentary from the uber Christian patriot (who never served) Greenwood himself who worked in a not so subtle dig on the aforementioned principal's Jehovah Witness religion. But he's proud to be an American so it's all good...

Brian Kilmeade interviewed a mom who was upset about the decision which, according to the Post, is "pulling the plug on patriotism." While reporting on the backstory, the Fox "News" channel chyron used the Post's words: "Pulling the Plug on Patriotism, Kindergarten Can't Sing, "God Bless theUSA." Kilmeade showed a photo of the woman who happens to be African-American. Kilmeade reinforced the lack of patriotism meme by noting that she is a Jehovah's Witness who doesn't salute the flag. Greenwood opined that "there's a difference between allegiance and worship" and noted that he's a Christian and that this woman "should talk to his Baptist pastor or maybe visit Bethesda or Walter Reed Medical Hospital to talk to some of these soldiers who have an American flag on their soldier and why they serve theUnited States." Kilmeade said "that's a great point." Kilmeade showed a photo of the woman who happens to be African American. (There were no photos in the other Fox & Friends insult to Lee Greenwood piece.) The little son of the woman being interviewed sang Greenwood's song.

Hopefully Fox watching, Lee Greenwood loving, God fearing patriotic Americans won't be harassing and threatening the school principal or the school department which supports her because, as said on the "Gothamist," both songs (Bieber's and Greenwood's) suck. OH WAIT, the woman, who, based on the NY Post photo, is African-American, is now the target of "racist rants" among which were the message that she's a "filthy, dirty, subhuman gorilla" and that “N----- and their Jew commie bosses are the scum of the earth." (Fox Nation fans?) And thanks to Fox News there will probably be more incoming from folks who are true exemplars of what being proud to be an American is really all about!

http://www.newshounds.us/20120611_fo..._on_patriotism
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

The whole thing is stupid, on both sides.

I cannot believe such a big deal is being made about it, by everyone involved.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The whole thing is stupid, on both sides.

I cannot believe such a big deal is being made about it, by everyone involved.
    TOTALLY agree.
    What in the hell is this world coming to?!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    TOTALLY agree.
    What in the hell is this world coming to?!

Hell in a handbasket.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

This is 6 months old, but I just saw it. Once again, a watering down of our national pride (where everyone seems to want to migrate to, btw) yet we're worried about offending them in this land of the free by proclaiming our love for it.

Fuck anyone who has come to the great US of A and has a problem with our traditions and our national pride! They can go back to their shitty oppressive countries of origin and pledge allegiance to their own countries...

IMO - This is one of the most insidious legacies of the 9/11 attacks (besides the unimaginable loss of innocent life); we are now down kissing everyone's ass who might be offended so we can be perceived as "inclusive" and "respectful of others beliefs". Many think this is going to stop our enemies from hating us. Sorry, it won't... Because they likely hate us for many other reasons, ones that are totally irrational.

If someone is offended in our country by a passage that pledges allegiance or praises the Lord above, do like most do at a funeral for someone of another religion - shut the fuck up, stand silently and respect the beliefs of others. No one says that anyone has to recite these passages or songs or beliefs, but if they are here enjoying the benefits of our free society, they'd damn well better respect them!