Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Default David Lee Roth - The Entertainer

I'll start by saying that I'm pissed. I had a great post written only to have closed the window ny accident before posting it!

I'll try again...

I've seen Van Halen with DLR twice, 2008 and 2012. Been a fan since InTheBeginning. Well, as close to the beginning as someone from the east coast
    What made me a fan? The sound. The energy. The lyrics. The fun! I was barely a teenager when I first heard them, but I liked what I heard. Nobody played a guitar like that! Nobody sang like that! Nobody beat the skins like that! Read the magazine articles and looked at the pictures..of course that was wayyyyy before the internet so we couldn't watch entire shows in the comfort of our own homes. They seemed so cool, so talented and they were having a blast doing it for all the fans.

David Lee Roth has always wanted to entertain.

"Hell, if I wanted to be serious, I'd have joined the Boston Symphony."

"I live and breathe and do four times as much four times as fast as anyone else."

"I just wanted to be in show biz. I wanted to make music and sing and dance, tell jokes and stories, make ya smile, make ya cry - and charge you $ 8.50"

"I knew already when I was seven years old, that I wanted to be on stage and entertain people. I sell laughs. Here, you got one for free!"

"My Daddy told me when I was a boy - Dave, It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how good you looked!"

"The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot"

I think David Lee Roth was born 70 years too late. He should have been in Vaudeville. So many people are complaining about his poor singing performance this tour. So what if he can't hit the seagull sex-cries anymore? So what if he forgets the lyrics every once in a while? He runs around that stage better than most of us will be able to do when we're his age...no, he commands the stage and he performs his ass off every night for us, the fans.

I'd gladly pay money to see that.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    I'll start by saying that I'm pissed. I had a great post written only to have closed the window ny accident before posting it!

I'll try again...

I've seen Van Halen with DLR twice, 2008 and 2012. Been a fan since InTheBeginning. Well, as close to the beginning as someone from the east coast
    What made me a fan? The sound. The energy. The lyrics. The fun! I was barely a teenager when I first heard them, but I liked what I heard. Nobody played a guitar like that! Nobody sang like that! Nobody beat the skins like that! Read the magazine articles and looked at the pictures..of course that was wayyyyy before the internet so we couldn't watch entire shows in the comfort of our own homes. They seemed so cool, so talented and they were having a blast doing it for all the fans.

David Lee Roth has always wanted to entertain.

"Hell, if I wanted to be serious, I'd have joined the Boston Symphony."

"I live and breathe and do four times as much four times as fast as anyone else."

"I just wanted to be in show biz. I wanted to make music and sing and dance, tell jokes and stories, make ya smile, make ya cry - and charge you $ 8.50"

"I knew already when I was seven years old, that I wanted to be on stage and entertain people. I sell laughs. Here, you got one for free!"

"My Daddy told me when I was a boy - Dave, It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how good you looked!"

"The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot"

I think David Lee Roth was born 70 years too late. He should have been in Vaudeville. So many people are complaining about his poor singing performance this tour. So what if he can't hit the seagull sex-cries anymore? So what if he forgets the lyrics every once in a while? He runs around that stage better than most of us will be able to do when we're his age...no, he commands the stage and he performs his ass off every night for us, the fans.

I'd gladly pay money to see that.
    Good post. I'm amazed that people actually believe that he is really forgetting the words to some of the songs since it has always been part of his act.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Good post. I'm amazed that people actually believe that he is really forgetting the words to some of the songs since it has always been part of his act.
    I had something about that in my first draft.
    'I forgot the f-in words man' all the way to the blower rant this year. It's all part of the act!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 5150, OU812, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/When It's Love
    Last Online

09.05.13 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have never found Roth to be an entertainer. He is such a self-absorbed clown. He annoys the shit out of me and he cannot sing a foot outside a sound booth.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clrw5150 View Post
    I have never found Roth to be an entertainer. He is such a self-absorbed clown. He annoys the shit out of me and he cannot sing a foot outside a sound booth.
    Dude, your killing me here

Really?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?frhjrv
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 7,851 Times in 4,585 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evhisagod View Post
    Dude, your killing me here

Really?
    He can't sing very good nowadays and WAS entertaining, so what is left? Jazz hands and linoleum. Not very Rock-n-Roll.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

MJ with the bulls and then MJ with the Wizards. Not the same, and maybe not as good, but you watched because you remembered all the glory and still relived it based on what you saw originally

Definite parallel here no matter what.

And look, I love both genres of the band but right now (no pun intended) I am enjoying this version as opposed to the other one

You know you are too........

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cr4md3
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

sword routine 84

In 1984 I was front row row center stage and witnessed DLRs fantastic sword swinging routine during the prelude to EWS.
    And I can say He was quite impressive to day the least.
    In fact id say absolutly phenonemal.
    I guess its somewhat dangerous to perform now but they could show footage of him doing it on the big screen they perform.
    When people saw ELVIS in his final shows,ill bet some of em said He was better in 68.
    ROTH is a living legend,as are many other rockers,and thats what the fans see live.even if its not the glory years any more.everyone gets old sometime.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 06.09.12 at 09:50 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 7,851 Times in 4,585 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    When people saw ELVIS in his final shows,ill bet some of em said He was better in 68.
    You damn right...

Favorite VH Album

VH, 5150, OU812, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/When It's Love
    Last Online

09.05.13 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roth had no glory years. Watch his video for Just a Gigalo. He's nothing but a side-show, game-show host wanna be.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

[QUOTE=clrw5150;1529858]Roth had no glory years. Watch his video for Just a Gigalo. He's nothing but a side-show, game-show host wanna be.

I get it, you're one of those fans that didn't like Van Halen until Sam joined. Look, Roth is 57. If you're looking for him to jump off the drum riser, then I guess you're still waiting for Geddy Lee or Robert Plant to still hit the high notes. Roth started this tour pretty rough but he got it together for a bit when he lost the headset. Now, he definitely needs the upcoming break. BTW, at 57 he doesn't have the whistle scream any more. SO FUCKIN' WHAT? Ask any Rush fan if they want Geddy to hang it up. How about David Coverdale? He's definitely lost something lately but people still want to see him. Anyway, you don't like Roth? Fine. But don't embarrass yourself by saying he never had glory years. The man is a legend.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

HA HA HA!!! Im glad DLR annoys you while you like VH.
    And to hear Eddie and the boys you have to hear a singer that you despize.

Now you know how I felt when Sam was there.

BOTTOMS UP!!!! Motherfucker.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

[QUOTE=bklynboy68;1529892]
    Roth had no glory years. Watch his video for Just a Gigalo. He's nothing but a side-show, game-show host wanna be.

I get it, you're one of those fans that didn't like Van Halen until Sam joined. Look, Roth is 57. If you're looking for him to jump off the drum riser, then I guess you're still waiting for Geddy Lee or Robert Plant to still hit the high notes. Roth started this tour pretty rough but he got it together for a bit when he lost the headset. Now, he definitely needs the upcoming break. BTW, at 57 he doesn't have the whistle scream any more. SO FUCKIN' WHAT? Ask any Rush fan if they want Geddy to hang it up. How about David Coverdale? He's definitely lost something lately but people still want to see him. Anyway, you don't like Roth? Fine. But don't embarrass yourself by saying he never had glory years. The man is a legend.
    Good one. Well said

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4bc1fv
    It is what it is

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 518 Times in 267 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Anyway, you don't like Roth? Fine. But don't embarrass yourself by saying he never had glory years. The man is a legend.
    Indeed!