Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    Banned! CaptainVonDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.12
    Posts
    1,064
    Last Online

    01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default No president has won re-election with a jobless rate higher than 7.4%

    "No president since the Great Depression has won re-election with a jobless rate higher than 7.4%, and the latest Labor Department report says the current rate has now ticked up to 8.2%

    It's hard to see that number falling 0.8 percentage points or more by the time the Nov. 6 election between Obama and Mitt Romney rolls around."


    Obama is fuckd.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T8vJzr_J8QU

  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    2,602
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Likes
    252
    Liked 703 Times in 385 Posts

    Default

    I honestly don't believe Romney has a chance, regardless. He's just not a strong enough candidate.

    The minute that Obama was elected last election, the Republicans should have united, selected a couple of possible candidates, and started grooming them for this election. Instead, they let the candidates pick themselves, split up the party among several contenders, and then as one breaks ahead of the pack, they still don't unite behind him. It's like they really don't mind Obama being President for four more years.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,612
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Likes
    4,313
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I honestly don't believe Romney has a chance, regardless. He's just not a strong enough candidate.
    I hear this all the time, that Obama will win re election. Independents decide the election and it's still early. When the rest of America gets to see these two go head to head, then we will get a clearer picture as to what the mood is, in the country. It's all about the ECONOMY and it hasn't improved not one bit since Obama has been in office. It only gets worse and no President gets re elected with a bad economy, as far as I know. I don't particularly care for Romney but what has Obama done to better this country? ANYBODY is better then what we currently have and I think America will wake up to that fact as well, IMO.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Yeah yeah yeah...and George W Bush couldn't win in 2004 with 2 unpopular wars, and a horrid economy.

    It's the 21st Century, the internet has changed everything including presidential elections. This one will come right down to November.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  5. #5
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,726
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It's all about the ECONOMY and it hasn't improved not one bit since Obama has been in office. .
    Ummm... When Obama took office our country was losing 700,000 jobs per month - consistently. What history books do some of you read?

  6. #6
    Banned! CaptainVonDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.12
    Posts
    1,064
    Last Online

    01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I honestly don't believe Romney has a chance, regardless. He's just not a strong enough candidate.

    The minute that Obama was elected last election, the Republicans should have united, selected a couple of possible candidates, and started grooming them for this election. Instead, they let the candidates pick themselves, split up the party among several contenders, and then as one breaks ahead of the pack, they still don't unite behind him. It's like they really don't mind Obama being President for four more years.
    Romney leads Obama in Florida and they are virtually tied in Ohio, Iowa and other swing states. Romney holds a 10-point lead over independent voters.

    Romney has to win Florida and Ohio. guess what? Ohio governor John Kasich and the state's lieutenant governor, Mary Taylor is supporting Romney.

    I voted for Obama but his decision to increase capital gains tax from the flat rate of 15% to a top tax rate of between 39-44% will kill this economy. this guy doesn't know anything about the economy!
    Last edited by CaptainVonDoom; 06.03.12 at 10:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,612
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Likes
    4,313
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Ummm... When Obama took office our country was losing 700,000 jobs per month - consistently. What history books do some of you read?
    Ummm... And how has he improved what he "inherited"?

    He's had almost a full term to improve the economy and so he owns it. Where are the jobs?

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    2,602
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Likes
    252
    Liked 703 Times in 385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVonDoom View Post
    Romney leads Obama in Florida and they are virtually tied in Ohio, Iowa and other swing states. Romney holds a 10-point lead over independent voters.
    Based on what?

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    2,602
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Likes
    252
    Liked 703 Times in 385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I hear this all the time, that Obama will win re election. Independents decide the election and it's still early. When the rest of America gets to see these two go head to head, then we will get a clearer picture as to what the mood is, in the country. It's all about the ECONOMY and it hasn't improved not one bit since Obama has been in office. It only gets worse and no President gets re elected with a bad economy, as far as I know. I don't particularly care for Romney but what has Obama done to better this country? ANYBODY is better then what we currently have and I think America will wake up to that fact as well, IMO.
    I think they both suck balls. I also think that Obama can wow a crowd better than Romney, and in the and that is all that matters. This country is not about electing who will do the best job. It's a popularity contest. It will take some serious support and grooming from the GOP to make Romney into a winning candidate, and it is something they should have started years ago. The GOP seems to have forgotten how to play the game of politics.

  10. #10
    Banned! CaptainVonDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.12
    Posts
    1,064
    Last Online

    01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Based on what?

    Poll: In Florida, Romney now leads Obama

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...125757880.html

    Romney and Obama dead even in key swing states, according to new poll

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...164120093.html


    Romney has a 10-point margin over the president among independents, a crucial voting block, with 48% supporting the former Massachusetts governor, while 38% back Obama

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ed-nationwide/

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk Wruff_ajax's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    8,872
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:01 PM
    Likes
    733
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  12. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    2,602
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Likes
    252
    Liked 703 Times in 385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVonDoom View Post
    Poll: In Florida, Romney now leads Obama

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...125757880.html

    Romney and Obama dead even in key swing states, according to new poll

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...164120093.html


    Romney has a 10-point margin over the president among independents, a crucial voting block, with 48% supporting the former Massachusetts governor, while 38% back Obama

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ed-nationwide/
    So among people who participate in polls. That's good to know. Being as we are only in the primaries and voter turnout has not been all that impressive, I'll start paying attention to polls after the primaries, and the real campaigning starts. Those numbers will be more telling.

  13. #13
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,726
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Ummm... And how has he improved what he "inherited"?

    He's had almost a full term to improve the economy and so he owns it. Where are the jobs?
    The economy is in much better shape than it was in 2008 when he took over the role. There are jobs being created moth after month and not lost. Again... we were losing 700,000 jobs per month. We have added jobs month after month for quite a while now.

    No-one is saying his term has been amazing, but you must be able to see things as they are honestly and stop drinking the kool aid. I'd say going from losing 700,000 jobs per month to gaining 50 -100K+ per month is an improvement. Why is that so tough for some of you to admit?

  14. #14
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,726
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    What's next blaming VH's album sales on Obama too? Sure if Romney becomes President everything will be soo different - VH might have even gone platinum!

    Maybe Romney can start 2 wars at the same time while giving new tax breaks. That worked so well the first time should be a real success the next time around. Duh....

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,612
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Likes
    4,313
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    The economy is in much better shape than it was in 2008 when he took over the role. There are jobs being created moth after month and not lost. Again... we were losing 700,000 jobs per month. We have added jobs month after month for quite a while now.

    No-one is saying his term has been amazing, but you must be able to see things as they are honestly and stop drinking the kool aid. I'd say going from losing 700,000 jobs per month to gaining 50 -100K+ per month is an improvement. Why is that so tough for some of you to admit?
    Who's drinking the Kool-Aid? Record unemployment and several million out of work or who have stopped looking altogether and you call 50 -100K+ per month an improvement? Yeah, those numbers will definitely put Obama back into the Oval office.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. An SUV is home for jobless duo
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03.27.09, 07:35 AM
  2. Jobless hit with bank fees on benefits
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02.23.09, 10:27 AM
  3. Increase in the jobless rate is the biggest since 1986
    By VanHalenRocks in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06.11.08, 08:51 AM
  4. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •