Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Banned! CaptainVonDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.12
    Posts
    1,064
    Last Online

    01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default TMZ: COVER BAND TO VAN HALEN Finish What Ya Started ... or We Will!

    A Van Halen cover band says that if the real Van Halen is too "burnt out" and too old to finish their postponed tour dates ... they are more than happy to take over.

    Van Halen (the real one) cancelled the remainder of their 2012 tour on Friday, saying they needed to "re-charge their engines." They will be offering refunds for all the disappointed fans.

    Joe -- who plays guitar in the Van Halen Army, a popular VH tribute band -- tells TMZ, "They have an obligation to fulfill ... somebody signs up to do the job they should complete it. Concerts these days cost a lot of money, they can't let the fans down ... they need to fulfill their end of the deal."

    Joe also says, "We could easily do it -- our singer sounds exactly like David Lee Roth!"

    Yeah, totally the same thing.


    http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/20/van-ha...ancelled-tour/

  2. #2
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.03.06
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    1,477
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII
    Favorite VH Song

    Light up the Sky
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 05:07 AM
    Likes
    159
    Liked 192 Times in 97 Posts

    Default

    Like most people would just go see a VH clone band and get the same experience out of it? yea - ok.

    Since when did TMZ start giving a shit about Van Halen anyway?
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

  3. #3
    Good Enough nobozos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Pekin, Il U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,745
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    22
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

    Default

    TMZ cares about being there for the train wreck. Not just with Van Halen, but with any celebrity.

    TMZ is covering it because they believe, as many people do, that it's only a matter of time before the wheels fly off the Van Halen machine. They are banking on it. They won't cover anything that is going along fine. It doesn't sell. People want to see Charlie Sheen have a meltdown, Alec Baldwin make a fool of himself, or Lindsey Lohan fall off the wagon. They won't say shit about Robert Downey Jr. when everything is going great for him, and he's clean and sober, but if they heard he was doing blow at a nightclub in L.A., they would follow him around like stink on shit.

    I have no respect for them as human beings, but they do tend to get the scoop. I guess in their business, if you want to be ahead of the pack getting the story, it helps if you have no integrity or tact.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

  4. #4
    Unchained Frosty for Teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.12
    Posts
    537
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Last Online

    12.09.15 @ 09:35 AM
    Likes
    167
    Liked 184 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    TMZ cares about being there for the train wreck. Not just with Van Halen, but with any celebrity.

    TMZ is covering it because they believe, as many people do, that it's only a matter of time before the wheels fly off the Van Halen machine. They are banking on it. They won't cover anything that is going along fine. It doesn't sell. People want to see Charlie Sheen have a meltdown, Alec Baldwin make a fool of himself, or Lindsey Lohan fall off the wagon. They won't say shit about Robert Downey Jr. when everything is going great for him, and he's clean and sober, but if they heard he was doing blow at a nightclub in L.A., they would follow him around like stink on shit.

    I have no respect for them as human beings, but they do tend to get the scoop. I guess in their business, if you want to be ahead of the pack getting the story, it helps if you have no integrity or tact.

    in related news, the sun rises in the east.

  5. #5
    Banned! CaptainVonDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.12
    Posts
    1,064
    Last Online

    01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    at least VH is getting some publicity

  6. #6
    Little Dreamer Senator Blutarsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    9
    Last Online

    05.23.12 @ 02:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    "Van Halen (the real one) cancelled the remainder of their 2012 tour on Friday"

    Not accurate, postponed dates after June. Why let the truth get in the way of a more interesting story TMZ!
    Orlando, FL - 4/12/12

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.12.11
    Posts
    1,265
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

    08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I made a mental note for myself a long time ago, if I ever join a tribute band to shoot myself.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium Harpospoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.12.12
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,289
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:51 AM
    Likes
    10,144
    Liked 2,801 Times in 1,450 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    I made a mental note for myself a long time ago, if I ever join a tribute band to shoot myself.
    I always thought it might be fun. I did a Halloween show with a former band where we all dressed up like KISS and did a whole set of KISS songs. Was a blast. The audience loved it.

  9. #9
    Good Enough ignorance_is_bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.26.10
    Age
    32
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,008
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

    09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Of course a hack tribute band would say that. Why play to 25 people when you can play to 25k??? Why the hell not?

    Is it news worthy? LOL!

    LOL!!

    No.

  10. #10
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Likes
    799
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Hell, you can't blame the guy for floating it out there. Got a little free advertising. I'll gladly throw a band together and finish the tour for them as well. Also, I'll do it for peanuts and with no M&M restrictions. Here's my setlist:

    Panama
    Somebody get me a doctor

    TK

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    So.... That second go around of shows are actually cancelled and not just postponed now?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing! AJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.23.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,910
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Likes
    705
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    So.... That second go around of shows are actually cancelled and not just postponed now?
    No TMZ is wrong. People keep on using the word cancelled when in fact it is postponed.

  13. #13
    Baluchitherium Harpospoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.12.12
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,289
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:51 AM
    Likes
    10,144
    Liked 2,801 Times in 1,450 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Hell, you can't blame the guy for floating it out there. Got a little free advertising. I'll gladly throw a band together and finish the tour for them as well. Also, I'll do it for peanuts and with no M&M restrictions. Here's my setlist:

    Panama
    Somebody get me a doctor

    TK
    I'll bet you could learn You Really Got Me and Ain't Talking Bout Love if the money was good enough.

  14. #14
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Likes
    799
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
    I'll bet you could learn You Really Got Me and Ain't Talking Bout Love if the money was good enough.
    Good Point; I'll throw both those in as well, sweeten the deal.

    TK

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.31.00
    Location
    Fairfax/San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,781
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Well, if nothing else, I GOTTA give it to ignorance_is_bliss for that Statler-and-Waldorf avatar...
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

    "...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

    and by the way...

    Eat Us And Smile.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. the guitar Ed used in Finish what ya started
    By Bigdaddy_14 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07.08.09, 03:05 PM
  2. Finish What Ya Started
    By VHfan79 in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.07.08, 05:15 AM
  3. Finish What Ya' Started
    By againstthewind in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09.04.05, 05:14 AM
  4. Finish What Ya Started
    By EUX4Life in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11.10.00, 12:56 PM
  5. Finish What Ya Started
    By Dan Halen in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10.09.00, 09:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •