Favorite VH Album

FW
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING {HOW?}
    Last Online

07.31.12 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Beacon Theater NYC 5/21/12

hey everyone, just got back from chickenfoot show a little while ago at beacon theater in nyc ! just want to say i am blown away, i was in sixth row with my jaw open with how this band is live ! I knew they were great first time i saw them but i forgot from now till then ! WOW ! sorry about anything bad i said about them ! show was amazing the band is TIGHT !! Sammy sounded incredible , Michael was playing great, Joe was off the hook, and Kenny was not doing a bad job at all as much as i missed chad ! They went on a 9:00 on the head and played till about 10:40 , cool show with lasers, video screens which featured chickenfoot logo, big foot video, other cool segments. The segment i thought was the coolest on the screen was before and during the song "The Future In The Past" they had old videos and photos of Sammy, Michael, and Joe ! Like they would show Joe from surfing with the alien era in vids and photos but the cool thing was they showed like parts of mike's bass solo from us fest in black & white, along with Sam and Mike on stage during the live without a net concert, made me sit there and go i miss Mikey in van halen. as much as i love wolf's bass playing i just miss Mike. There is no ranking on what i saw tonite. I saw a tight band playing there ASS off and smiley and getting along all the way through. Sammy and Mikey were very friendly on way out of back door to after show signing for fans and taking photos even in the rain ! if you haven't seen this show go see it if you can cause if your a rocker you will not be dissapointed !! ((*J*))

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/HBSD
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 28 Posts

Did they pump in Wolfie's vocals for Mike?

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:27 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LENNONFAN101 ((*J*)) View Post
    if you haven't seen this show go see it if you can cause if your a rocker you will not be dissapointed !! ((*J*))

My feeling too. Whether you are a fan of any one individual member, all of them, or none of them, you are going to really enjoy the show if you like rock. My buddy who went with me to the AC show is acquainted with VH’s music but clueless about any Sammy solo work or Joe’s work. On top of that, his musical tastes are geared more towards alternative rock and some pop music. In any case, he was blown away by the live show and thought it was among the best he’s seen.

I wish the tour was longer. I wouldn’t mind hitting another show before these guys disappear for a while.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Right Now & Unchained
    Last Online

06.29.17 @ 05:24 AM
    Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LENNONFAN101 ((*J*)) View Post
    hey everyone, just got back from chickenfoot show a little while ago at beacon theater in nyc ! just want to say i am blown away, i was in sixth row with my jaw open with how this band is live ! I knew they were great first time i saw them but i forgot from now till then ! WOW ! sorry about anything bad i said about them ! show was amazing the band is TIGHT !! Sammy sounded incredible , Michael was playing great, Joe was off the hook, and Kenny was not doing a bad job at all as much as i missed chad ! They went on a 9:00 on the head and played till about 10:40 , cool show with lasers, video screens which featured chickenfoot logo, big foot video, other cool segments. The segment i thought was the coolest on the screen was before and during the song "The Future In The Past" they had old videos and photos of Sammy, Michael, and Joe ! Like they would show Joe from surfing with the alien era in vids and photos but the cool thing was they showed like parts of mike's bass solo from us fest in black & white, along with Sam and Mike on stage during the live without a net concert, made me sit there and go i miss Mikey in van halen. as much as i love wolf's bass playing i just miss Mike. There is no ranking on what i saw tonite. I saw a tight band playing there ASS off and smiley and getting along all the way through. Sammy and Mikey were very friendly on way out of back door to after show signing for fans and taking photos even in the rain ! if you haven't seen this show go see it if you can cause if your a rocker you will not be dissapointed !! ((*J*))
    That was a cool reveiw! Vegas is coming up quick and every great reveiw I read is making me more excited. I've seen them three times already, but I have a feeling this show in vegas will be epic. I hope Sammy shows up at the Cabo Wabo again after to treat us to a little Van Hagar like he did last time too!

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

if they came around here i'd go....
    21 years old and dad has thrown him the keys to the car!!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Here's my pics from the Beacon.

My wife and I did the VIP thing, so there's a few pic's from backstage. Got to meet the Foot, and it was GREAT! Black Stone Cherry played an awesome set. They were energetic and really put a lot into their show. After they left, Sammy and crew came out and blew me away. The band sounds great and Kenny is a monster on the drums. Highlight of the night was when they played Different Devil and Sammy was laughing and wanted to start over, but the crowd kept going, so they didn't stop. We had heard that Sammy was in a bad mood that day, but if he was, he didn't show it.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default More pics

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Even more pics.

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Maybe Sammy was in a bad mood because he saw what was on that case behind Joe's guitar!
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Shadow,

I didn't know that you were a fellow Linker. It looks like we sat close to each other because I was on the first row on the same side of the stage.

FWIW, my fiancee asked Sammy if the cruise was coming back, and he said yes.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was the guy in the red NY Ranger hat.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie3 View Post
    Maybe Sammy was in a bad mood because he saw what was on that case behind Joe's guitar!

but it was more likely Mike's bass

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadow5150 View Post
    I was the guy in the red NY Ranger hat.
    Cool. I remember you. I had a sport jacket and a black Chickenfoot shirt. It was a great time. I got a great photo and a few high fives from the band during the show. It was a solid setlist.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy View Post

but it was more likely Mike's bass
    haa yep, it sure is, I didn't even notice that, good call.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Nice review of The Beacon show ..

http://www.localbozo.com/2012/05/chi...oncert-review/

As rock fans, we grow anxious when one of our heroes teams up with fellow like-minded masters of shredding guitar, pounding drums, and pulsating bass to form the ‘supergroup.’ On the heels of their sophomore album release last September, Hagar re-joined forces with guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani and former Van Halen bandmate and bass player Michael Anthony, for the group’s return trip to New York City. And on Monday night, the group known as Chickenfoot would grace the Beacon Theatre proving once again that power of pure rock music does in fact still exist. LocalBozo.com was fortunate to grab one of last remaining tickets to a jam packed show to witness Chickenfoot rock the stage in Manhattan for one night only.

At 9pm the house lights faded to a purple fog, allowing the four members of Chickenfoot to take the stage covered by darkness. As soon as the lights lit up however, this show became nothing but a booty shaking, blues-rock driven party. Lead singer Sammy Hagar attacked the stage with the fervor of a man half his age, exuding a passion that you wish could be bottled. His killer pipes and energetic stage presence naturally makes any project he works on worth checking out, but especially so here. The master guitarist, Satriani manned stage right as he proceeded to ‘surf with an alien,’ ripping through the opening licks to “Lighten Up” and “Alright Alright.” The man is a walking, talking museum of axe grinding brilliance and is an ideal fit in this band of rock royalty and these tracks got the sold out Beacon crowd on their feet, never to sit again throughout the night.

Between songs, Hagar addressed the crowd providing us with his trademark, ‘pep talks.’ And by pep talk I am referring to his instance that everyone in the house was partying with just the right amount of buzz on. The long time rocker and well-known tequila mogul embodies the rock n’ roll lifestyle in its most positive and pure form. Hagar and the boys treated the audience like this was an intimate show at a local bar, and not a huge theater, rewarding fans with a killer rendition of “Sexy Little Thing” from the band’s self-titled debut. The raucous track played like a party anthem to the crowd, reminiscent to Hagar’s 1980′s solo work and his ’5150′ work with former band Van Halen. Speaking of which, watching Hagar and Anthony parade around on stage together during ‘The Last Temptation’ anyone looking at the stage could see, the two friends exchanging both lyrics and laughs. Anthony’s performance showed precisely why he continues to be considered one of the best bass playersin both style and passion on stage. Unlike other bassists who tend to stand stiffly while plucking away, Anthony shreds his axe like he’s playing lead guitar.

Unfortunately, with the Red Hot Chili Peppers currently on the road, drummer Chad Smith had to step off this tour and although he was missed, seasoned drummer Kenny Aronoff took his place with ease. Aronoff has toured with the likes of Elton John, John Fogerty, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Meat Loaf his track record precedes him. Throughout the night he slammed the skins like a rock demon, taking little time to breathe before each cymbal crash. During the set, Hagar joked about Smith’s absence while praising both talented drummers.

The Beacon Theatre show proved to be an all out rock fest featuring some of the most iconic musicians to grace a stage over the past two decades. Fans itching for that last glimpse of Hagar’s signature smirk and Satriani’s methodically maddening fingers absolutely left the theater satisfied. Despite a dearth of new rock music that can captivate and inspire like the previous bands each of these musicians helped to create, sometimes it’s imperative to look to the past to help shape the future. This is the future, this is Chickenfoot.

- Jay Rubin