Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Banned!
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Complet Lack of Respect - Pt II (right place, right forum)

I made the post below in the Main VH section, but it was quickly closed by the forum Nazis - heaven forbid we discuss the wrong thing in the wrong place - because as adults, how could we ever find our way around!

BTW - the moderator who closed it said that my conclusion was silly. Fair call, free speech and all that. So in the spirt of free speech I say, FUCK YOU moderator.

For a band to cancel a large chunk of concerts that fans have forked out good money for, with NO EXPLANATION, is at best bad manners, at worst, a complete lack of respect. They would have known that this would have mad these people anxious about what was going on, and even a simple message would have been the right thing to do. Isn't that what most of us would consider common courtesy if it was something that happened in our every day lives - or are they immune to that because they're a big time rock band?

I can only hope that you won't close this thread - after all, it is in the right place now - and if you do close it, then you're a sad little douchebag because you're doing so because some nasty man called you a bad name.

********* Original post below, in the *correct* forum - my humblest apologies **********

While I'd love to say it's no surprise re the "soap opera" element to the tour, I can't. It wouldn't be VH if there wasn't some crazy bullshit.

That aside, the big question for me is, if VH had any respect for its fans, don't you think a statement - even if only a "read between the lines, we ain't sayin' nothing" piece of crap - would have shown some respect for the fans.

Clearly, bands who are feuding don't signal their intentions to stop and do another 5 weeks - UNLESS they are contractually obligated to finish at least that leg, but can then pull the pin past that date (I'm thinking back to Hagar's book and how he would've quit if he wasn't tied down legally).

Whatever the reason, be it good or bad, a heads up to the fans would seem the nice thing to do. Clearly, VH only cares about the fans if they're clipping the ticket when they walk into the record shop/iTunes/Concert hall. Other than that, they don't give a fuck.

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Given the health history of our favorite guitarist, you might want to hold back conclusions on why they would throw away $20 million in upcoming concert revenues.
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Who knows why the band has postponed these shows...

It may be for alternate touring reasons, band member conflicts or perhaps a medical issue.

Maybe they're not sure yet what's going to happen. I do think they should give an explanation, but hopefully in the next 2 or 3 days they'll address the situation.

I generally don't defend this band, they've fucked up too many times, but they may have a decent reason for not saying anything at this stage.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Oh dear god....Another angry noob!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Forum nazi here. Find something better to do with your time besides trolling. We have a thread already going on to speculate on why they postponed the tour. You can explain in that thread why you've been wronged all the way on the other side of the globe. Have a great day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

Oh just to chime in. This forum is owned by a Jew who doesn't appreciate the Nazi comment. So you can have a nice long break from here, and think all about your first amendment rights (which BTW hold no water on a privately-owned web site genius). Bye.

The attitude of people around here the last few days has been pathetic. So I am sure we'll have more bannings, because I'm not dealing with it anymore. You're an ass to someone or someone running this site, assume you won't be here long.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!