Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Gallup/USA Today POLL: Obama's Gay Marriage Endorsement Is Turning More Voters Away

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVonDoom View Post
    C'mon... As if republicans were going to vote for him anyway.

The real story is that it isn't going to rally the Democratic fan base very much. As I've said on here for a while, he has lost support from his base... Will those people vote for Romney? No. Not most of them. Many will stay home.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

I agree with rocknblues81, the only way Obama loses is if his base doesn't show up to vote.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

it would be a pretty sad statement if a nation with a debt approaching 16 trillion dollars has an election swing on an issue like gay marriage, especially when the president's opinion is merely one man's opinion.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.12.17 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    it would be a pretty sad statement if a nation with a debt approaching 16 trillion dollars has an election swing on an issue like gay marriage, especially when the president's opinion is merely one man's opinion.
    C'mon... we're not Canadian.

We don't do things that make sense down here.

The poor folks play for keeps down here...They're the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

This comes to mind...

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    C'mon... As if republicans were going to vote for him anyway.

The real story is that it isn't going to rally the Democratic fan base very much. As I've said on here for a while, he has lost support from his base... Will those people vote for Romney? No. Not most of them. Many will stay home.
    It's ironic that Obama's most reliable constituency, the black vote, is the one that is most turned off by this. He got 94% of the black vote in 2008--a stunning (and somewhat predictable) take. Fast forward to 2012 and North Carolina just voted to ban gay marriage. It wasn't the bible belt vote that did it, it was the massive turn out of the black vote that is heavily swayed against gay marriage.

Will they vote Romney? Doubtful. Will they stay home instead? Again, that's pretty doubtful because Obama is their boy. However, with the razor thin margins that this election will be decided by every vote (or lack of one) counts.

I think this will help him with fundraising, though. Whether that turns into votes is an entirely different story.

However, the biggest irony is that Obama essentially endorsed what NC did this past week. He, shockingly, is in favor of a federalism approach where the states choose (this is probably the ONLY thing that he feels this way about)--which turned this "groundbreaking statement" into a political punt. Since every time this has gotten to a ballot measure it has gone the same way, it seems like it was an easy thing for Obama to say; There's nothing he will do from his office to change anything, meanwhile all the Hollywood types are all back slapping like something suddenly changed and writing checks with lots of zereos.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    It's ironic that Obama's most reliable constituency, the black vote, is the one that is most turned off by this. He got 94% of the black vote in 2008--a stunning (and somewhat predictable) take. Fast forward to 2012 and North Carolina just voted to ban gay marriage. It wasn't the bible belt vote that did it, it was the massive turn out of the black vote that is heavily swayed against gay marriage.

Will they vote Romney? Doubtful. Will they stay home instead? Again, that's pretty doubtful because Obama is their boy. However, with the razor thin margins that this election will be decided by every vote (or lack of one) counts.

I think this will help him with fundraising, though. Whether that turns into votes is an entirely different story.

However, the biggest irony is that Obama essentially endorsed what NC did this past week. He, shockingly, is in favor of a federalism approach where the states choose (this is probably the ONLY thing that he feels this way about)--which turned this "groundbreaking statement" into a political punt. Since every time this has gotten to a ballot measure it has gone the same way, it seems like it was an easy thing for Obama to say; There's nothing he will do from his office to change anything, meanwhile all the Hollywood types are all back slapping like something suddenly changed and writing checks with lots of zereos.
    The group that he is hoping to reach isn't going to take the bait as much as he thinks they will. I believe it's going to get harder and harder for these guys to fool people.

Hollywood has republicans: Arnie, Sly, Willis, The Rock, Duvall, Fred Thompson, Adam Sandler, Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris, Gary Sinise, James Woods and I think Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner probably are also. I'm sure there are more... Probably some that don't admit it or talk about it. But of course it's George Clooney and Matt Damon that draw attention to themselves.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I am all in favor of gay marriages. Gay people should get to experience divorce too.
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." - EVH

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Gallup/USA Today POLL: Obama's Gay
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

The group that he is hoping to reach isn't going to take the bait as much as he thinks they will. I believe it's going to get harder and harder for these guys to fool people.

Hollywood has republicans: Arnie, Sly, Willis, The Rock, Duvall, Fred Thompson, Adam Sandler, Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris, Gary Sinise, James Woods and I think Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner probably are also. I'm sure there are more... Probably some that don't admit it or talk about it. But of course it's George Clooney and Matt Damon that draw attention to themselves.
    Sounds like the A list from 1986.

Probably not going to hold much sway these days. Of course, these celebrity endorsements are stupid to begin with. Anyone that takes their political cues from Matt Damon--who knows fuck about anything except how to read a line in a script with emotion (and even that's debatable)--should be beaten with reeds. Thankfully there aren't that many people out there that actually base their decisions on these type of things.

From Obama's perspective, this will help with fund raising--as evidenced by his $15,000,000 haul from his Hollywood fundraiser (yet we're supposed to look at Romney as the elitist?). But again, I have a hard time believing this will make a significant impact on his votes. The only way it will really effect him is if he keeps making it an issue, and then it will probably impact him in a negative way (as the polling has already showed).

By the first week of November, this won't be an issue.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Sounds like the A list from 1986.

Probably not going to hold much sway these days. Of course, these celebrity endorsements are stupid to begin with. Anyone that takes their political cues from Matt Damon--who knows fuck about anything except how to read a line in a script with emotion (and even that's debatable)--should be beaten with reeds. Thankfully there aren't that many people out there that actually base their decisions on these type of things.

From Obama's perspective, this will help with fund raising--as evidenced by his $15,000,000 haul from his Hollywood fundraiser (yet we're supposed to look at Romney as the elitist?). But again, I have a hard time believing this will make a significant impact on his votes. The only way it will really effect him is if he keeps making it an issue, and then it will probably impact him in a negative way (as the polling has already showed).

By the first week of November, this won't be an issue.
    Well, Sean Penn, Tom Hanks and George Clooney aren't young pups either. I'm certain Tommy Lee Jones is a Democrat and that one truly shocks me. But it's tough to know where the young Hollywood actors really stand. I honestly don't know. I'm not even sure there is a young class right now. There are very few guys under 35 now that are Hollywood stars.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Well, Sean Penn, Tom Hanks and George Clooney aren't young pups either. I'm certain Tommy Lee Jones is a Democrat and that one truly shocks me. But it's tough to know where the young Hollywood actors really stand. I honestly don't know. I'm not even sure there is a young class right now. There are very few guys under 35 now that are Hollywood stars.
    The left generally has the better actors also. Like them or not, Penn and Hanks are better actors than Norris or Arnie for instance. If Hollywood is left, then I would say it's mostly because the left seems to care about the craft more.

Somebody like Sandler does everything he can to piss all over the craft.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 05.13.12 at 12:35 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

All this does is take focus off the economy which should be out in the forefront. Both Mitt and Obama don't want to talk about it however they have supporters telling them otherwise. I actually don't have any issue with what Obama said cause he left it to the states.

That said, the dude needs to pack his things and move out of the White House.

I don't care what a person thinks of Mittens but there is no way any sensible person would rehire a guy who has left the country worse than what it was when GW left office. Remove the romance, bromance and hatred for the GOP behind. This guy has failed tremendously.

Of course Mittens isn't the answer but if he is only half as bad as Obama, well that is an improvement.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis_John View Post
    I am all in favor of gay marriages. Gay people should get to experience divorce too.
    Dont forget the poor lawyers who need more income too!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.