Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Catholic Church says Australia is suffering a man drought, warns women not to be too

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 18,156 Times in 8,972 Posts

So, this is what the Catholic Church does with its time. Wow.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Default "Catholic Church" says...?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    So, this is what the Catholic Church does with its time. Wow.
    Sucker for a headline.

"Father Kerin's comments came in light of research by demographer Bernard Salt. According to Salt According to Salt, there are 1.3 million women, etc, etc..."

So some reporter from the Sun takes this and heads over to the local parish and asks a priest about said results (which the priest had probably never seen before, but was nice enough to give the reporter his time and his opinion) and suddenly this is "what the Catholic Church is doing with its time" and "What the Catholic Church says".

lol c'mon people. Read. Think. Comprehend.

This is a reporter cornering a single priest about some published poll result, and the priest being kind enough to indulge the reporter with his opinion. The reporter coulda asked any man on the street, but "Catholic Church Says" makes better headline fodder. Utter nonsense.

Dumb headline. Dumb thread title. Dumb story.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I think anybody, not just a Catholic priest saying "women are too choosy" is ignorant. If it had been a rabbi, a monk, a shaman, a witch doctor, or a bum on the street I would thought it as equally as ignorant a statement.

If anything, you would think the Catholic Church's view would be women aren't choosy enough.

I wasn't meaning to start a Holy War, I just made an off the cuff comment that I thought it was stupid, it was not meant as anything derogatory against the Catholic Church.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I think anybody, not just a Catholic priest saying "women are too choosy" is ignorant. If it had been a rabbi, a monk, a shaman, a witch doctor, or a bum on the street I would thought it as equally as ignorant a statement.

If anything, you would think the Catholic Church's view would be women aren't choosy enough.

I wasn't meaning to start a Holy War, I just made an off the cuff comment that I thought it was stupid, it was not meant as anything derogatory against the Catholic Church.
    Don't you understand? The headline is dumb and misleading, and you're still falling for it, evidently believing that the opinion of this one priest is the official stance of the Catholic Church. You keep saying "Catholic Church" this and "Catholic Church" that, and "So this is what the Catholic Church does with its time WOW", etc..

It's one priest being asked a question from some reporter. He offered his opinion. This is not the position of the Catholic Church, Dave, and it's not what the Catholic Church is doing with it's time.

And besides that, if you would actually read the poorly written article then you might notice that the priest is actually saying that due to many women focusing on their careers through much of adulthood and then looking for a mate later in life then they shouldn't be surprised when they have more difficulty finding mr perfect;
    "I think many are setting aside their aspirations for later," he said, "but by the time they get around to it, they've missed their chance."
    Ignorant view, you say? There is actually truth in what he said, and regardless of that, it is only one man's opinion, and not what the "Catholic Church" says.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Irrespective of who said what, I think it's rather sad that older women who have spent time getting an education and establishing a career are seen as a less attractive option for men wanting a 'mate for life'. Evidently, pert boobs and a flat stomach are seen as more important than intelligence and financial independence... I know it's probably down to the biological urge to procreate with a young, fertile 'bit of stuff' but it still perplexes me slightly...
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    Irrespective of who said what, I think it's rather sad that older women who have spent time getting an education and establishing a career are seen as a less attractive option for men wanting a 'mate for life'. Evidently, pert boobs and a flat stomach are seen as more important than intelligence and financial independence... I know it's probably down to the biological urge to procreate with a young, fertile 'bit of stuff' but it still perplexes me slightly...
    Yep. Pert boobs are not at the top of my list for judging a woman either.

It goes something like:

1. Stupendous funbags
    2. Amazing rack
    3. Super tits
    4. Melons from heaven
    5. Juicy breasts

.... 12. Pert boobs.

See? Way down the list.

(Puts on helmet and dives for cover)
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Yep. Pert boobs are not at the top of my list for judging a woman either.

It goes something like:

1. Stupendous funbags
    2. Amazing rack
    3. Super tits
    4. Melons from heaven
    5. Juicy breasts

.... 12. Pert boobs.

See? Way down the list.

(Puts on helmet and dives for cover)
    I'd be interested to know in which order you put the following:

- Bouncing bazookas
    - Pink-nosed puppies
    - Tremendous tatas
    - Magnificent mammaries
    - Humungous hooters
    - Generous jugs

I take it that they do feature on your list somewhere, Graeme? If not, I AM disappointed...

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Don't you understand? The headline is dumb and misleading, and you're still falling for it, evidently believing that the opinion of this one priest is the official stance of the Catholic Church. You keep saying "Catholic Church" this and "Catholic Church" that, and "So this is what the Catholic Church does with its time WOW", etc..

It's one priest being asked a question from some reporter. He offered his opinion. This is not the position of the Catholic Church, Dave, and it's not what the Catholic Church is doing with it's time.

And besides that, if you would actually read the poorly written article then you might notice that the priest is actually saying that due to many women focusing on their careers through much of adulthood and then looking for a mate later in life then they shouldn't be surprised when they have more difficulty finding mr perfect;
    "I think many are setting aside their aspirations for later," he said, "but by the time they get around to it, they've missed their chance."
    Ignorant view, you say? There is actually truth in what he said, and regardless of that, it is only one man's opinion, and not what the "Catholic Church" says.
    Dear God man, you try to turn everything into an argument. No one is falling for anything, everyone knows that it was a poorly written article. Everyone knows this one priest does not speak for the Catholic Church as whole. I still think it was a stupid comment to make that women should be less choosy, his words, not mine. I already said it was a quick off the cuff comment and that I didn't mean anything by it, and you are acting like I took a dump in the Pope's Cheerios.

Yes, I have a problem with the Catholic Church as a whole, and I let it prejudice my initial comment. Are you happy now?

How about if I lengthen my initial post for you, since you seem to always assume the worst of everyone.

"I think the priest miss-spoke when saying women should be less choosy. Even though we are all aware that one priest does not speak for the entire Catholic Church, it can be easily reasoned that many of our society's problems are based upon women, and men for that matter, actually not being choosy when selecting a spouse and having children. Hopefully as a priest, he also realizes that what he says does reflect on the Catholic Church as a whole, and in the future, when giving interviews he will be more cognizant of how his statements will be used and interpreted."
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 05.09.12 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Typo

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel

Yes, I have a problem with the Catholic Church as a whole, and I let it prejudice my initial comment.
    Obviously

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I personally make the "all of the above" choice when choosing a lady.

I like the nice boobs, flat stomach, education and financial independence. I'm greedy that way. To add to your list, if she was or currently is a gymnast or yoga instructor and therefore very flexible, that is a bonus. Big bonus.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

i don't think that's at all true actually. At least not for intelligent men, granted that's a pretty small % of my gender so maybe you have a point.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i don't think that's at all true actually. At least not for intelligent men, granted that's a pretty small % of my gender so maybe you have a point.

Nah, you're right - I'm probably being a tad unfair - but I was just generalising, based upon the context of the comments made in the article. I know from personal experience that the BEST blokes, the ones that women really want, aren't that shallow at all - God love 'em!

Thatcher, 1980