Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

I think we need to clear the air about the tour threads

Guys, I've been all of a sudden bombarded with emails and PM's that frankly I don't really appreciate. I won't name names, but I was pretty shocked at the attitude.

First of all, it was never my intention to run the sticky threads throughout the ENTIRE tour by myself. That's why we have moderators for this forum and the others. I assumed that they would take it over on some level, but I am sure real life has gotten in the way for them too. It happens. But before you start casting dispersions at me, perhaps I should just speak my mind about why I am not doing it like I did.

#1. As some of you know if you're a Facebook friend, I received two tremendous honors at my work a few months ago. With the awards I received, comes a lot of responsibility changes in my work life. I don't have the time during the day to set up the threads, and arrange to have the set list texted me. It's an all day thing, I can't do that anymore. I simply don't have the time. My work is more important, end of story. If you notice I don't post that much at all anymore period except at night. And usually it's mindless shit like sports stuff, because I am beat. The tour threads are WORK to do the way I like to...a lot of work. And I do have a family too...I see them less and less because of work. And that will always come first before Van Halen. It's really sad I have to say this stuff.

#2. When I did do the text set list things, sometimes I'd be at a work function running to a free area where no one could see me, updating the site with the list. That happened two times that I can think of. Shit the night I received my work awards, I had my phone in one hand posting the list, and my other was shaking hands with my co-workers who were congratulating me. I am sure they were wondering what the fuck I was doing...probably assuming I was texting friends and family about the awards. I doubt there are other webmasters who would have sat and texted a dumb set list for a band while they were receiving a national corporate award for their work in front of their peers and upper management. And then I get PM's about what a shithead I am for not doing the lists anymore. To those, I say a big fat...FU!

#3. I love the new album and I love what the band is doing on tour. I am VERY grateful for being invited to the shows I was, and to those that invited me I am quite sure they know how thankful and honored I was to be there, considering I said it to their faces every other second. However, I didn't realize those things required me to spend 24/7 making sure EVERY show thread is up. That's why I have others to help me run the site...that's why we have great users like Fontcow who have kept it going. We're a COMMUNITY. I really appreciate Fontcow doing what he has, he has gone above and beyond what a normal user should do. When I've had some time, I've tried to do the threads, but I simply don't have it anymore. And I don't think I will anytime soon. But it doesn't mean I'm bored with all of this. Quite the contrary...I'm just busy with real life. And more so than usual.

#4. It would be nice after 13 years to get the benefit of the doubt from some of you, especially those that have been around for many years. I was pretty shocked at the emails and PM's I've gotten and from who I've gotten them from. I am pretty insulted that people think I simply got what I wanted from VH and now I don't care about any of this (as if I asked for ANYTHING ever from the band to begin with). If I didn't care, I'd turn the site off and be done with it. I do care, but I also have other priorities that are far more important right now. Like I said, I don't foresee that changing. I didn't plan on talking about any of this publicly, but I'm pretty sick and tired of seeing my name being burned in effigy to my face. I can only imagine what's being said behind it. Thanks to those of you doing that...appreciate it.

So in closing, I am hoping some of the mods see this and will be willing to lend a hand with the sticky threads and maybe trying to get the set lists going again...I think they're getting updated on some level right now, which is good. I know Goo who lives in freaking Australia has done several of the shows, which is a lot of work for him too!

And when time permits me too, I'll try to jump in when I can. But I make no promises, so prepare to go on without me on the show update threads for the foreseeable future.

Feel free to say what you want in this thread about this issue, and let's move on from it. Just realize that your priorities in life aren't everyone else's.

Thank you.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Fuck the bullshit Brett. What you do for us is BEYOND appreciated. And if anyone tells you otherwise FUCK THEM. I for one am forever in your debt for giving me the site that introduced me to 2 of the coolest mother fuckers I've ever met.

After the life changing events I've had in the past month, I know how you feel. Vh has taken a backseat to me as well. But no matter what I can't imagine my life without this joint so literally thanks a million.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

I'm kind of new here, so might as well jump completely into the fire!

Work and family come first... No exceptions. Too bad you have to explain this. Congrats on your awards... I'm sure the band would say the same.

I do like the show threads, so whoever can keep them going... Would be most appreciated. I mean, it's Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Fudd appreciate that, I know you've been through a terrible ordeal in your life recently. My condolences again. What's happened to me isn't a bad thing of course, it's just one that has taken up most of my time.

I guess I was sick of seeing the PM's and emails about what a piece of shit I am because I'm not doing the threads and spending all my free nights putting up set lists for each date. And those that were saying it wasn't the random troll, they were longtime users of the site.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ArtHarm6505 View Post
    I'm kind of new here, so might as well jump completely into the fire!

Work and family come first... No exceptions. Too bad you have to explain this. Congrats on your awards... I'm sure the band would say the same.

I do like the show threads, so whoever can keep them going... Would be most appreciated. I mean, it's Van Halen!
    Thanks man. I didn't really want to say it, but it's like if I don't explain myself to people, I have to hear what a shithead I am.

I do want the show threads to continue, I just need some assistance keeping them current and going strong that's all. Fontcow has been carrying the torch.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with the Devil
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:32 AM
    Liked 95 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Jesus Christ Brett~!
    What a Pussy you are!!!
    Fuck dude....we thought we could count on you.
    If you're gonna let piddly shit like "real life" distract you from spending 9 hours a day on this site what has the world come to?
    WTF?! I'm pissed and want my 8 bux back I kicked in to this hole.
    I mean honestly I thought you'd be stepping it up for good OL' Van Halen these days....NOT making a bunch of cry baby excuses....
    Toughen Up Crier!!!
    (the above is all the weak ass sarcasm I am currently able to muster as I just got home from an 11 hour day...thank you and good nite)
    Brett YOU ROCK! Fuck any dickheads that insinuate otherwise.

Later

C.
    Carmine

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I thank: Brett, Goo and Fontcow (and anyone else) that supplied the set lists for this tour. For all the people that bitched and moaned about a mod or admin not putting up a sticky thread...go get a life. Of course, those are the same people that PROBABLY at some time, told Brett that he lives here 24/7, which is just mind boggling to me. Countless times, Brett has explained what's going on, and yet there are people that just bitch because they are bitches. It's an infinite circle of crap that goes on and on. If those people would just think for a minute or two before posting very strange and rude comments about "why isn't there a sticky thread??!!" and even worse, sending a PM to Brett or whoever about their bitches....man....just be thankful this place is here for us all to enjoy.

Thanks again, Brett, Goo and Fontcow for the updates...and thanks to all the texters out there that supplied the info as you were there watching.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Fudd appreciate that, I know you've been through a terrible ordeal in your life recently. My condolences again. What's happened to me isn't a bad thing of course, it's just one that has taken up most of my time.

I guess I was sick of seeing the PM's and emails about what a piece of shit I am because I'm not doing the threads and spending all my free nights putting up set lists for each date. And those that were saying it wasn't the random troll, they were longtime users of the site.
    Thanks man.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    And those that were saying it wasn't the random troll, they were longtime users of the site.
    Holy shit is all I can say about that.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with the Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Bet it was that Fucking FORD!
    That Asshole never was any good!!!

Later

C.
    Carmine

Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You have kept the site alive. That's more than enough....I'd kick those people off the board & be done with it. It's not a given that people can be here.
    Dick heads get tossed in my opinion....
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with the Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

YEAH!! NO DICKHEADS!~!~!

Later

C.
    Carmine

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning and ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

09.07.15 @ 02:12 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

No big deal Brett you do what is most important and if somebody attacks you for it that is their problem. After all they are just a band although a band we all love, there are more important things in life like work and family. I have enjoyed doing setlist updates and will keep doing it as long as there are no updates from you or the mods.
    Janie Liszewski did the IMPOSSIBLE she helped Eddie Van Halen get better. Deal with it.

The day is dunzo lets have some funzo- DLR AS IS

Somedays you're the dog Somedays you're the hydrant- DLR Bullethead

It's not who you squeeze but who returns to squeeze you, no doubt, love em all I says let cupid sort em out!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

07.05.16 @ 02:37 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey Brett,

I haven't posted much, but I have lurked often and I very much enjoy the banter that goes on here. I've never met or spoken to you, but I do appreciate the effort you put into this site, and so should everyone else, period. If anyone needs to know what's being played every night, there are other places to go to find out. Anyone breaking Brett's balls over his "lack of effort" should be banned. Sorry for my rant. That said, I would be happy to give live updates to the gang from the Izod Center on July 13th. Peace!
    Last edited by Deep In Shock; 04.26.12 at 07:45 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Some people are just pathetic, Brett. They PM you about tour threads yet they don't think for a second that maybe they should open one themselves, like Fontcow did. Ridiculous.

And to the people talking shit about Brett...you're all wastes of space. Pathetic bunch of assholes.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel