The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Default 'A Different Kind Of Truth' Guitar TAB Songbook Released

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/...sitemID=173123

VAN HALEN: 'A Different Kind Of Truth' Guitar TAB Songbook Released By Alfred Music Publishing - Apr. 26, 2012

Alfred Music Publishing, the official print music publisher of thousands of popular artists, songwriters, and composers, has released "A Different Kind Of Truth", the album-matching songbook to VAN HALEN's first studio album since 1998, and the first since 1984 with lead vocalist David Lee Roth.

"A Different Kind Of Truth" contains authentic note-for-note guitar TAB transcriptions of every song on the album for the most discriminating hard rock fan and VAN HALEN aficionado. Titles include many instant classics, including "Tattoo", a Billboard Hard Rock Single chart topper and iTunes No. 1 rock song bestseller in the U.S. and abroad. The songbook contains a helpful guitar TAB glossary for reference and to help guitarists play the songs just as the band recorded them.

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is an album that VAN HALEN fans have waited almost 30 years for, and is garnering both commercial and critical success. The album entered The Billboard 200 chart at No. 2, selling nearly 200,000 copies in its first six days of release. Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone magazine says, "VAN HALEN's 'heard you missed us, we're back' album is not only the most long-awaited reunion joint in the history of reunion joints, it is — against all reasonable expectations — a real VAN HALEN album." The album release is a full-on return to the unabashed rock god glory of Eddie's supernatural guitar and David Lee Roth's impeccable front man persona — all of which has been captured in the carefully transcribed guitar TAB songbook.

"A Different Kind Of Truth" (00-39367) is now available for $21.99 at music retail stores and at alfred.com/guitar.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

01.16.16 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Just got mine yesterday via vhstore.com. As a bonus, I got a free Issue 11 of the Inside. Wasn't sure what to do first... tear in to the tab book for China Town and Outta Space... or relive the glory that was the '98 Gary tour! (Kidding... easy decision.)

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.29.13 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TJK5150 View Post
    Just got mine yesterday via vhstore.com. As a bonus, I got a free Issue 11 of the Inside. Wasn't sure what to do first... tear in to the tab book for China Town and Outta Space... or relive the glory that was the '98 Gary tour! (Kidding... easy decision.)

Does anyone have the tab book for the new Van Halen CD? If so, can someone help me out with giving me the tab just for china town and / or honey baby sweetie doll? I have all the other tabs to the album, just looking for those 2 so doesn't make sense for me to go buy the book.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard29 View Post
    Does anyone have the tab book for the new Van Halen CD? If so, can someone help me out with giving me the tab just for china town and / or honey baby sweetie doll? I have all the other tabs to the album, just looking for those 2 so doesn't make sense for me to go buy the book.
    kinda the same for me except I will buy the book But would someone be so kind and maybe scan a bit of "You and your blues" ? that would be very nice. I hope that doesnt necessary violate any corpyright

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

It does violate copyright, guys. If any official publication is scanned and posted here, it will be deleted and the offenders possibly banned. Just like how things went with links to ADKOT downloads before it was released, you can't use this site to facilitate breaking the law.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    It does violate copyright, guys. If any official publication is scanned and posted here, it will be deleted and the offenders possibly banned. Just like how things went with links to ADKOT downloads before it was released, you can't use this site to facilitate breaking the law.
    that's fair enough, I didn't have any illegal intentions tho. Will buy it anyway just wanted to have something to work with before it arrives.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Pa-na-mah! Pana-Ma-Ha!
    Last Online

06.10.12 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default it's the best tab book ive read in a while...

I got the book the day it came out.
    I listened to the album and followed using the book note for note every day I commuted to and from work. It's an hour. I have easily listened to this guitar tab book 60+ times and read along.

after a week or so of this, I got out my guitar and just jammed.
    This book will help you get better in so many ways man...

King Edward plays his ass off. Seriously. There must be over a hundred little signature Eddie licks on this album. It's incredible.

While much maligned, the Tattoo solo is Edward from A to Z. it's quintessential Eddie. All the songs are a guitar geeks dream. She's the Woman has these sick little A/D 5-7 fret leads and the riff at the end of his big river solo @ 2:37? is RiDonKuLous...

He also plays so fast. i mean, FAST. All over the neck, like an unleashed tiger...

I've tried to play every song on the album and he really does have magic fingers - Greatest Rock Guitar Player of all time? Him and Jimi man.

This album is arguably the greatest comeback album in Rock history. Any other bands out there in the top 10 of greatest of alltime put out an album after 30 years thats this good?

Stay Frosty is in open C country tuning. Like Friends from Zepplin.

He also plays in drop C tuning (All strings 2 steps down from standard E/A/D/G/B/E) for Honey Baby Sweetie Doll. Opening riff is on A/D string ...

I spent 30 min. tabbing it out for ya -but the guitar tab formatted funny. .

this book is a great investment - it's like a $25 guitar lesson!
    Last edited by StevieRayHalen; 06.01.12 at 11:03 PM. Reason: guitar tab formatted funny.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the review. I bought mine from amazon last week, should be in the mail the next days