Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

Default Single Platinum Ticket Trade - LA Staples Arena

I'm about to plunk down cash to buy Platinum ticket(s) for one of the two Staples shows which the prices have fallen about as far as I think they're going to go. I am aware a very few decent tickets are released in the day or so before the show but both shows, especially the first one are very close to being completely sold out and I think it will be more of a crapshoot than usual to luck out on excellent tickets waiting 'til the morning of the show.

As TM only lets you buy them in pairs and my wife doesn't wanna go, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing a split enabling both of us to see both Staples shows. I'd buy one pair for one night (you) would buy the same general location pair for the other night and we'd swap one ticket. I'm looking at about $300 - $350 per ticket and getting 5 - 7th row isle (closest to the center row) in section 3 (Eddie's side) either show.

My other option is to just sell the single for whichever show I go to.

PM me if interested.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    I'm about to plunk down cash to buy Platinum ticket(s) for one of the two Staples shows which the prices have fallen about as far as I think they're going to go. I am aware a very few decent tickets are released in the day or so before the show but both shows, especially the first one are very close to being completely sold out and I think it will be more of a crapshoot than usual to luck out on excellent tickets waiting 'til the morning of the show.

As TM only lets you buy them in pairs and my wife doesn't wanna go, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing a split enabling both of us to see both Staples shows. I'd buy one pair for one night (you) would buy the same general location pair for the other night and we'd swap one ticket. I'm looking at about $300 - $350 per ticket and getting 5 - 7th row isle (closest to the center row) in section 3 (Eddie's side) either show.

My other option is to just sell the single for whichever show I go to.

PM me if interested.
    You are dead wrong about this man. PLatinum prices will drop a lot more. Probably another $100-$150 each.

This is absolutely THE WORST time to buy platinum tickets. There are a SHITLOAD of those seats on ticketmaster, just checked.

The show has been on sale literally for MONTHS. If people were wiling to pay $350 a platinum seat, they would have by now. And there are guaranteed to be ticket drops. Show is in 6 weeks. The platinum price drops are gonna start coming fast and furious in about 2 or 3 weeks. You are gonna end feeling really stupid if you bite right now.

Or Wait for the drop. Then you can just buy 1 ticket.

If you spend $700 on a pair of plat tickets right now, you are going to end up eating HUNDREDS of dollars. And good luck finding a buyer here - will never happen. Linkers always buy their tickets months in advance.
    Last edited by crazy levi; 04.22.12 at 10:55 AM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    You are dead wrong about this man. PLatinum prices will drop a lot more. Probably another $100-$150 each.

This is absolutely THE WORST time to buy platinum tickets. There are a SHITLOAD of those seats on ticketmaster, just checked.

The show has been on sale literally for MONTHS. If people were wiling to pay $350 a platinum seat, they would have by now. And there are guaranteed to be ticket drops. Show is in 6 weeks. The platinum price drops are gonna start coming fast and furious in about 2 or 3 weeks. You are gonna end feeling really stupid if you bite right now.

Or Wait for the drop. Then you can just buy 1 ticket.

If you spend $700 on a pair of plat tickets right now, you are going to end up eating HUNDREDS of dollars. And good luck finding a buyer here - will never happen. Linkers always buy their tickets months in advance.
    Well, I just paid a *lot* less than $700 for 2 6th row center isle floor seats on Eddie's side, so I'm not too concerned about eating any money. I've been working the system for decades so I have a good idea when it's a good time to wait 'til the last day or two before a show to try for a good drop (such as on the '04 and '07 tours) or go for what looks to be a smart deal at a certain point like now. It's like playing poker. I know these two Staples shows are probably along with the MSG stand the highest demand shows of the tour and add the fact that during that week of the SoCal shows, I will not be able to hit TM at my convenience due to other daily commitments. I'm at the point that the $100 or so savings on face value for the pair isn't worth my time diddling around on TM the day of the show versus knowing I now have secured a pair of top notch seats.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No problem man, everybody should do it their way.

I'm not talking about ticket drops though, I'm talking about Platinum. THey are just sitting there and have been for months. The prices will start to drop and not "day before the show," they'll drop in a week or two.

Last Online

11.04.15 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Well, I just paid a *lot* less than $700 for 2 6th row center isle floor seats on Eddie's side, so I'm not too concerned about eating any money. I've been working the system for decades so I have a good idea when it's a good time to wait 'til the last day or two before a show to try for a good drop (such as on the '04 and '07 tours) or go for what looks to be a smart deal at a certain point like now. It's like playing poker. I know these two Staples shows are probably along with the MSG stand the highest demand shows of the tour and add the fact that during that week of the SoCal shows, I will not be able to hit TM at my convenience due to other daily commitments. I'm at the point that the $100 or so savings on face value for the pair isn't worth my time diddling around on TM the day of the show versus knowing I now have secured a pair of top notch seats.
    Hi T.B.
    Did you sell the other ticket already?
    Kevin

Good Enough
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1FEVR View Post
    Hi T.B.
    Did you sell the other ticket already?
    Kevin
    Yeah, it went pretty quickly. I was hoping to do a straight trade for a comparable single for June 1st but all I got were cash offers so I went with one.

Good luck,
    T.B.