Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn't see any threads devoted to this so here is the report incase anyone didn't see it yet.

"VAN HALEN COVERAGE CONTINUES:
    An update and latest wrap up from the Van Halen rumor front.
    Firstly, following my last report, I have had several e-mails backing up the information and offering general support for the news.
    Despite a new article from Launch.com hosing down speculation that a re-union is on at all, things are looking increasingly good for an October release.
    Launch were reporting on news that the band were or have been in New York recording with David Lee Roth.
    From what I was, and have been told, all recording was done in LA. Some of it in a Burbank studio to keep things quiet. Quite likely, the same Burbank studio that was used for some of the recording of the 3 album.
    Adding hope that news is imminent is Warner Brothers recent announcement that re-mastering of the entire Van Halen catalogue has been completed. The re-mastering has been done by the band's own people. It is not that fact, but the scheduling of the re-masters release that is interesting.
    I spoke to a contact involved with Sony Music's re-mastering commitments. Both Sony and Warner Brothers are undertaking a similar process of catalogue re-issues. He says like Sony, Warner Brothers are at the start of a long campaign of digitally re-mastering and re-issuing much of their artists back catalogue. So why out of the blue, with possibly hundreds of other artists available, would the label start with Van Halen on the very launch date of the series? A good tie in to start the ball rolling towards the re-union and new album news is my guess.

As recently as this morning I had an e-mail forwarded to me. It quotes a Warner rep on the possible release date of an album - "...maybe Sept. If not definitely October."

There are also some new unconfirmed rumors that I will pass on to you. Keyword once again - rumors. Sorry I can't back anything up with firm news at this stage. Still nothing confirmed as yet.

One mail described what I reported most recently as mostly accurate and added this:
    The second CD in the package will not be older, unreleased material, but will be Unplugged material from all three era's. The mail stated that they were unaware if this meant representations of all three vocalists. This one is up in the air I think. I don't know how the band could package a second CD featuring other singers (Sammy & Gary) while trying to promote the long awaited and anticipated return of their original vocalist. To me, that idea clashes. But as I said, rumor only, so we will have to patiently wait the outcome of the end product.

The other new rumor is that Sammy Hagar has got wind of Van Halen's progress and it could end up as a race to see who gets their new album out first! Sammy Hagar or Van Halen?
    Sammy has his new album scheduled for release on and titled after his birthday - 10 Thirteen (October 13th).

The third and fourth rumors are the ones that worry me a little. Three separate people in their e-mails to me have mentioned this subject matter. They basically attribute any previous delays and the current delay in announcing anything to Eddie's health. Bluntly put: "...everything hinges upon Eddie VH dealing with his health...".
    Unfortunately I cannot get any further comments or qualifications on what these statements imply, nor can I confirm this is the actual cause of delays to date.

I am also getting less firm reports of any tour plans or future details. It seems the album will come out, but there is a noticeable blank following that. The tour rumors were at one stage coming thick and fast, but seem to have abruptly dwindled to almost nothing.
    There are various net reports of a tour starting in early 2001, but even this week I could get nothing on this.
    On the possible David Lee Roth solo live date rumors - nothing! Once again, no answers or indications either way.
    Naturally I will keep up the attempts to get some solid information or even some more entertaining rumors for you. Stay tuned...If anyone can add any fresh info to this or any coming Van Halen news - e-mail me anytime.

"

------------------
    MightyVanHalen's Pictures http://www.geocities.com/mightyvanhalen/index.html

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I really don't know where Andrew finds some of this stuff

I seriously doubt that there will be any CD featuring 3 singers, and to my knowledge there isn't enough "unplugged" material in existence anyway.

As for Eddie's health, according to Gary (possibly the most honest man in this entire soap opera), he's doing just fine.

Looking forward to October, I guess

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey FORD dont you mean
    "ROCTOBER"

sorry,somebody had to do it....hehehe

------------------
    -----------
    Eat Us And Smile
    EUAS Co-Founder

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nope, I think its 'ROTHTOBER'!

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!

(VV)
    "The main event, the icon, the show-stoppa!!"

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just wanted to see that again

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Well, he does make mention its all just various rumors he's recieving.. he's just tryng to join dots and come out with something from them.

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

unplugged? Not what I was hoping for... VH isn't that type of band, unless they are getting old and taking a new direction and this is just the start... Guess we will see.

------------------
    "common sense ain't common"

Unchained
    Last Online

02.12.11 @ 01:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this was brought up already in the thread "report online". The dude from Melodicrock actually posted this in that thread.

------------------
    Some eras may be better than others, but VH is VH to me!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, you beat me to it!

BTW, did anybody happen to notice that ROTHTober 10 is on Tuesday this year?? Not that I want to be responsible for another "magic date", but it kinda makes you wonder.... If Sammy can do it (10-13) then why the Hell not?

Oh, by the way UFF's... How the Hell is Sammy going to release his album on a Friday?

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just realized that Dave and Sammy have birthdays in the same month. Isn't DLR's on the 10th?

------------------
    EUAS Co-Founder

The OnFire Gang
    The ultimate originals

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"....David Lee Roth

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BrownSound 1, yes Dave's is on October 10 and Sammy's is on October 13. I believe Eddie's is January 26, 1955? I am not sure. Can anyone varify that for me? Peace out BrownSound 1!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

unplugged? bullshit!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHTOBER!

------------------
    *I'm Outta Luck, Outta Love... Got A Photograph, Picture Of...* - Joe Elliot '83

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madden:
    I believe Eddie's is January 26, 1955? I am not sure. Can anyone varify that for me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Correct.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

I don't believe the unplugged story for a minute. I remember reading an interview with Eddie before VH3 came out. The interviewer asked him if we would ever see VH on MTV's Unplugged. Eddie said never. He said he thought the idea of trying to play a power rock song on a acoustic guitar was stupid. That's why I can't believe they would release anything unplugged, especially from all three eras at the same time.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I look forward to that dude's updates - but Its glaringly obvious (after yesterday's post) that he hears shit and just posts it. Its kind of disappointing. Sort of us like hearing rumor on the Links and going to a web site we created and just posting it like we have inside information, when the reality is we're just posting other people's vivid imagination.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this wait is driving me crazy. DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE?