Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just got back...fuckin awesome set....no Eddie Al or Mike though but the crowd loved it!!! Sang almost the entire RWTD/ Dave came out in a neon green jogging suit thing and undeeneath, a wetsuit..by the end of the night, he had it down bearing his chest.....a couple good Daveisms too....well enouff...to bed I go cause my head is oundin and i cant hear nuthing!!!!
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the show too! Heres a review that I posted to the Dome---

Yo!
    I just got back from one rockin evening! I had general admission, front row, off to the center left. It was incredible, being so close to Dave!

The bands:

Isle of Q: Your typical rock band, nothing special.

The Hooters: Good at what they did. Enjoyable set and enjoyable songs.

Fuel: Im sorry, but these guys SUCKED royally. The lead singer was way into himself, a little pansy who thought every chick wanted him, which unfortunately, was true at least in my section. Damn screaming girls.

DIAMOND DAVE: After an endless wait, Dave came out full guns blazing to Hot For Teacher. Since everyone wants highlights of his part of the show, heres what I can recall. Take a note, Ive never seen VH or Dave before.

- Dave was dressed in a neon green/yellow jumpsuit, which he took off quickly and underneath wore a surfer type wetsuit, which he kept on, for the most part, of the evening.

- Bart sounded like an Eddie clone.

- Ray on the drums sounded fantastic as usual. Noticed that he added his own touch to Alexs drum parts, which were super cool, especially the use of the double bass.

- The setlist I believe was similiar to the summer Dave Saves the Day festivals. No Romeo Delight, or Unchained.

- The crowd loved Dave. Alot of the younger audience left after Fuel, mostly the young chicks, but the guys stayed till the end. Id say the Spectrum was 2/3rds full when Dave was playing.

- Speaking of the crowd, 2 people somehow got onstage during Daves set and were quickly pounced on by security.

- 1 fight broke out behind me between two dudes. I have no idea why, but security had to jump in and settle things.

- A few people crowdsurfed durinmg the show. About 5 or less though. One guy who did tried to jump the stage but was slammed into the edge of a speaker on the floor. OUCH!

- Im gonna have to agree that Dave was off at parts, but hell, its Dave. It looked like he was in his own little dreamworld the whole time, while still holding the crowd im his grasp.

- Dave used some funny lines throughout the night. Some of his usual banter mixed in with the proud to be an American deal, Philly references, and Thanksgiving. Probably 2 of Daves funniest lines were "Its thanksgiving, and Im not thankful for pilgrims, or indians. Im thankful for you, you sexy motherfucker" and "I have a Philly Cheesesteak for you baby" while grabbing himself.

- Dave is the horniest middle aged man Ive ever seen.

- Eddie, call Dave.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chroma914:
    - Bart sounded like an Eddie clone.

<hr></blockquote>Is that a compliment or an insult?

From what I've heard, Bart sounds way more confident with the material than he did on the '99 tour. And really, he's being paid to play Eddie material almost exclusively, so it's probably damn near impossible NOT to sound like an Eddie clone. There isn't anybody who can improve on Eddie's guitar parts, and if Bart starts painting outside the lines too much he'll be criticized since it's such familiar material. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its definitely not an insult. Bart can PLAY. Sounded exactly like Ed, hence the clone remark [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Another great Daveism....he got some guy going about how his girlfriend was backstage earlier. Dave says " and she told me to tell you something...&lt;followed by the simulated sound of someone trying to talk with a dick in their mouth&gt;". Totally Dave!! I was surprised though. One chick took off her top and was showing beautiful beautiful tits.....TO FUEL!! I was like..save em for DAVE.. I looked back during Dave and she was just standing there. I was like hunh? Where were the gorgeous women of the Dave shows of yesteryear???

I was a little disappointed not hearing Unchained or Romeo Delight too. But he played Yankee Rose and Tobacco Road. Wouldve rather heard the aforementioned. One highlight was during Jump when he began to twirl a microphone stand similar to the swords in the Panama video. He still has it as far as Im concerned
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mikeKramer:
    I was surprised though. One chick took off her top and was showing beautiful beautiful tits.....TO FUEL!! I was like..save em for DAVE.. I looked back during Dave and she was just standing there. I was like hunh? Where were the gorgeous women of the Dave shows of yesteryear???

<hr></blockquote>

You mustve been near us (floor, a little to the right near the lighting/sound rig in the middle), cause I saw her too (on someone's shoulders)...and they WERE beautiful!! We were all cheering for her tits more than Fuel at some points!!
    It was an AWESOME show!!! Did anyone else get the feeling that Dave really is "trying out" for VH again...and by their rules? He really cut down on the raps and schtick, and seemed to even be trying to hit notes youve never heard DLR hit, and REMEMBERED all the words and sang them! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fucking awesome. Only solo DLR I've ever seen is my video of the EAT 'EM AND SMILE SHOW in Montreal. Great show!

I'm glad he's playing TOBACCO ROAD and YANKEE ROSE. Both great songs, and at least he's not COMPLETELY a VH-cover band. Not hearing UNCHAINED would also bother me, though.

Listen up, Eddie. This could fucking work.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Glad to hear that Dave is still kicking ass and taking names.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

*grabs his chest, feeling an oncoming heart attack*

Dave played TWO SOLO SONGS! I can't handle the shock!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the show and my review is on the DLR Army forums. One thing I didn't understand about the setlist was the emphasis on Van Halen I. Dave played Runnin' With The Devil, You Really Got Me, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Atomic Punk, Little Dreamer, Ice Cream Man, and also Conniption (Bart Walsh's "Eruption") which preceded YRGM. Over half of just that album was included in the set. My one complaint about the show would have to be the exclusion of "Unchained," which should be a VH/DLR concert staple. Dave played it in earlier shows when he had more time, but he only had 75 minutes to play this time, thanks to Fuel playing longer than expected and a ridiculously long time setting up the stage for Dave.