Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Happy Trails"
    Last Online

11.17.06 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here it is, the 25th anniversary of VH's first album and while the band is "officially" together, there is nothing planned to commemorate this, not even a box set from the band's former label, Warner Bros. With Rhino being owned by WB, you think a box set would be a no-brainer, but anyway...

Yes, there's no news about the band reforming in any capacity and the only new VH-related music we have to look forward to is Sammy and Mike's Planet US album.

Pretty pathetic, don't you think? Van Halen is gone. Dead and gone. Why don't they just admit it so that the people on this BB whose lives are on hold pending VH reformation news can grieve, mourn and hopefully move on?

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

[ January 09, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: ACK ]

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

It's been 25 years?!?

ACK!!!
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats sad about it? This band has done more in it's 25 years than alot of other popular bands. I think it's great and I want to take this as my opportunity the thank VH for EVERYTHING! Here's to the next 25 years! (hopefully we'll hear something before then... :x)
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Van Halen was released on 02/10/1978... so we got another 31 days before it's 25th birthday...

It's a huge milestone... who's to say we don't here something from the band on that day. If anything to acknowledge the anniversary... I hope. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is just Eddie and Alex way of punishment to us fans. Its like he's saying, "Shame on you fans for not accepting Van Halen III. If you love us so much you would have bought it. Shame on you and just for that, we're not gonna show up for a while so there!"

And he picks up his bat and walks home....

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me too ZZ.. That'd be ZsaZsaZsu!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It is only sad that it ended on such a sour note.
    If you can call a gold album sour. What is really
    sour is the manner in which it came to a halt in late 1999. I speak for myself when I say I did feel like I was "left hanging" so to speak.

But I see no sadness in a band ending. Every band/artist career will end sooner or later and that is a fact.
    What needs to continue on and have longevity is the MUSIC.
    So I'll sit here with a big ole' grin come Feb 10 and crank up some classic Halen and bask in it. I got to be alive to see one of the greatest bands ever and to see one of the greatest guitar players ever.
    That is good enuff for me dude. Everyone else can blow me.

I have said it a million times- I would rather VH disappear and pull a Syd Barrett than resort to releasing factory made schmaltz hits on TRL like once great bands Aerosmith & Def Lep.
    Know when to quit, like Jim Brown or The Clash.

What does VH have to prove? They changed the face of music when they hit the scene. Eddie reinvented guitar and everyone from Frank Zappa to Brian May to Steve Vai to Dimebag Darrell have said so.
    VH fired off 12 consecutive multi-platinum albums from 1978-1996!!
    Do you fuckin realize how insane that is? Especially considering the fact they made a lead singer change and went on without relying on all their classic hits? Led Zep has 13 multi-plat albums. Aerosmith has 10 multi-plat albums in 30 years and they sure as hell arent consecutive and half of them contain a bunch of songs written by outside songwriting idiots who write for Nsync and Brittany!
    VH has 5 no. 1 albums!! Aerosmith has 2. ALL VH albums pretty much cracked the top 10. Sorry again Aero.
    Over 70 million ALBUMS SOLD for Van Halen!!
    And I wont even get into all the gear Eddie helped innovate and bring to the public- from the Floyd Rose to his Music Man & Wolfgang guitars to his 5150 series.

Just kick back and enjoy the tunes dude.
    Pick up that upcoming issue of Guitar World with the VH story cuz some people need to be reminded just what these guys did.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    Van Halen was released on 02/10/1978... so we got another 31 days before it's 25th birthday...

It's a huge milestone... who's to say we don't here something from the band on that day. If anything to acknowledge the anniversary... I hope. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Yeah, 25 years !!

This great board should do something "unique" on that day.

It would be nice for the band to acknowledge this anniversary.

How bout' a reunion show ?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Its been a great 25 years thought hasn't it guys? We've gone from Jaimies Cryin' to Hot For Teacher to 5150 to Right Now and Feelin'. From Diamond David Lee Roth to The Red Rocker Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone, If VH is gone then I just hope Eddie is happy with what he has done over the years.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Maybe my math is off a little, but the band hadn't done much for the past 6 years... So I don't see the 25 years being anything special to the band unfortunately...

Little Dreamer Rosco P. Coltrane's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.14 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know how many squad cars I crashed chasin' dim' Van Halen boys over da past 25 years [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    Maybe my math is off a little, but the band hadn't done much for the past 6 years... So I don't see the 25 years being anything special to the band unfortunately...
    What is being celebrated is the 25th anniversary of their debut. That is big time.
    What they have done over the last couple years is completely irrelevant.
    25 years ago they exploded onto the scene to plunder and pilage in the name of rock. That is to be remembered.
    Guitar World just recently did a 30th anniversary issue on Led Zeppelin 4(zoso) and a 20th anniversary issue for Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance and Iron maiden's Number of the Beast!
    You think they aint gonna do an anniversary issue for the mighty VH?
    Have fun with it dude cuz these dates dont come around very often obviously.

I know we havent heard any new VH material since spring of 1998. In fact 1998 saw their last tour as well. Eddie worked with Roger Waters on that song for a soundtrack around 2000 but other than that its just been the Sam & Dave tour this year and that's all.
    Regardless, anniversaries are a pretty big deal.
    And remember that VH technically formed around 1970 when Eddie & Alex put their first real band together. They hooked up with Dave at the end of 1973 so they where a functioning band through just about 3 decades!

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

What's sad is that if VH doesn't have any short term or long term plans, that those mountains of quite possibly 'Earth-Shattering' 2 inch tape inside 5150 will never see the light of day, at least while the brothers are alive. And, PLEASE, don't get me wrong.
    I do not want VH music THAT badly, but I'm afraid that's the only way we will ever hear any of that stuff, which probably blows 99% of today's so-called rock away.

I'm afraid Ed has been taking classes at the Tom Scholz school of record making.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I can't get too excited about a 25th anniversery when the band isnt producing anything anymore.

I cant see a point in celebrating a milestone if theres nothing happening. Someone above pointed out that 'all bands come to an end' and thats the problem we have here IMHO - VH is dead, and I'd guess 60%+ of people here would recognise that.

The problem is no ones made the big call. We don't feel we can get on and celebrate the music gone by - ala the Beatles or Led Zep - they had a start and a finish. The bookends are in place. Vh had a start.. but no apparant finish. Do we celebrate whats happened or sit on our arses wondering if theres anything left?

Most of us know the answer I think, but we're all reluctant to bury the corpse and hold the wake until all the twitching stops and the sheets pulled over the head.

[ January 10, 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Goo ]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

25 Years............

That would make me:
    divide by 4
    add 6
    carry the 9
    time pi r squared
    less 20

[img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]