Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

09.15.17 @ 08:03 AM
    Liked 1,395 Times in 441 Posts

Default My take on "She's the Woman" solo section

Here you go:

KBD3
    Author of Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography. Available on The Official Van Halen Store website (*preferred seller*), Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, eBookShop.com, and iUniverse.com.

Official Van Halen Store link: http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/B60

VHND article: "Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography" Is a Must-Read http://www.vhnd.com/2011/11/10/edwar...s-a-must-read/

“I’m very excited, you know, to be makin’ music with my son, my brother, my new brother [Dave]… It’s, it’s the shit. That’s all I can say.”—Edward Van Halen, August 2007

Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edw...61217513921920

VHLinks forum topic thread : http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/book...rd-t53329.html

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

delete
    Last edited by fast98dodge; 04.07.12 at 09:08 PM.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:46 PM
    Liked 151 Times in 86 Posts

Good job!! Is that an old-school Charvel you're playing there?!? Looks like the Model 6 I almost bought last year....very cool.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Good job!! Is that an old-school Charvel you're playing there?!? Looks like the Model 6 I almost bought last year....very cool.
    Thanks man. From what I've always understood, it is simply a model 2 all in black. It is from 1985 and I challenge anyone to find a guitar that plays this good! I have had two modifications done to it -- first off, back around 1990 or so, pieces of the Kahler started stripping, so I wrote to Charvel asking for replacement parts -- they sent me an entirely new Kahler tremelo -- I couldn't believe it. The only other thing I did was get rid of the nut and the old tune lock and just had a new tune lock set up at the bridge -- this was extremely progressive at the time!!! Now, not so much.

I think the Model 6 Charvel's are kind of Ibanez-style guitars -- but I can't compare the playability or versatility of the two.

But man -- I love that Charvel. I have had it for 25 years. I don't think I touched it from 1992-2006 though -- and it came out of the case in perfect shape. These days I play it pretty much every single day.

KBD3
    Author of Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography. Available on The Official Van Halen Store website (*preferred seller*), Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, eBookShop.com, and iUniverse.com.

Official Van Halen Store link: http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/B60

VHND article: "Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography" Is a Must-Read http://www.vhnd.com/2011/11/10/edwar...s-a-must-read/

“I’m very excited, you know, to be makin’ music with my son, my brother, my new brother [Dave]… It’s, it’s the shit. That’s all I can say.”—Edward Van Halen, August 2007

Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edw...61217513921920

VHLinks forum topic thread : http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/book...rd-t53329.html

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 208 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    delete

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dodds View Post
    The only other thing I did was get rid of the nut and the old tune lock and just had a new tune lock set up at the bridge
    Obviously meant the nut and not the bridge.

KBD3

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    I admit, I laughed when I saw that too.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:46 PM
    Liked 151 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dodds View Post
    Thanks man. From what I've always understood, it is simply a model 2 all in black. It is from 1985 and I challenge anyone to find a guitar that plays this good! I have had two modifications done to it -- first off, back around 1990 or so, pieces of the Kahler started stripping, so I wrote to Charvel asking for replacement parts -- they sent me an entirely new Kahler tremelo -- I couldn't believe it. The only other thing I did was get rid of the nut and the old tune lock and just had a new tune lock set up at the bridge -- this was extremely progressive at the time!!! Now, not so much.

I think the Model 6 Charvel's are kind of Ibanez-style guitars -- but I can't compare the playability or versatility of the two.

But man -- I love that Charvel. I have had it for 25 years. I don't think I touched it from 1992-2006 though -- and it came out of the case in perfect shape. These days I play it pretty much every single day.

KBD3
    I think those Charvels are their equivalent to the Jackson Dinky/Soloists...as Charvel/Jackson were one company by that time....the one I looked at had the sharkfin inlays as well, much like Jacksons. I've always been more of a Gibson & Les Paul guy, but I really enjoyed the tone and playing...good job
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 612 Times in 387 Posts

Hah! I think I remember that guitar Kev Wasn't that the one you got in high school after your red strat?

Nice work on figuring out the song and the new section. Whenever I play "She's The Woman" I always ened up referring back tot he demo version featuring the funky break later used in "Mean Street"...

I figured out the demo version of "She's The Woman" only about a year ago because I only got the demo recordings recently with the advent of this Interweb thing we are on...I'm so old!

Nice to see you here brother! Keep posting clips

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Good job!

Now you just have to snap a few pics of that Charvel and post them for me to drool over.