Favorite VH Album

ALL OF EM!
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Strt/Take Your Whiskey HM
    Last Online

10.05.13 @ 02:33 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Ed smoking?

K I promise no threads after this for a while! But being like Edward Van Halen's die hards die hard fan, I am curious to know if anyone has seen Ed spark a smoke on this tour at all, I remember him smoking one or two last tour for the show I saw but I haven't seen any footage of him smoking on this tour anyone know if he finally kicked that habit or if hes just cut back?

Sorry

thanks again'

Chris
    "what's a great song? Lot's of people think songs without singing is not a song. Tell that to Beethoven and he'll kick your ass"

"I think Chris might explode if you got the Wolfgang, he would literally explode. We are talking about a man with EVH shoes" - P.T, episode 203 Six String Bliss

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/chriswaetmusic

Hear my interview with Six String Bliss! : http://sixstringbliss.libsyn.com/retro-zone-episode-9 (57 mins in!)

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Changes Every Hour
    Favorite VH Song

Changes Every Minute
    Last Online

09.30.14 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry...but being the first to respond I had to do this. And I'm sorry for being a dick. But.....

WHO THE HELL CARES?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

One of my friends asked me this recently, and I said "I don't know."

He replied, "because doesn't Eddie have like, 1/3 of a tongue..? You'd think he'd quit."

I haven't noticed him smoking on any of the tour videos thus far, but then again, I haven't been looking out for it.
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Changes Every Hour
    Favorite VH Song

Changes Every Minute
    Last Online

09.30.14 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would definitely love to hear that he quit smoking....nothing good ever comes from smoking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:02 AM
    Liked 6,819 Times in 3,566 Posts

Premium Member

Word has been that Ed may be using an electronic cigarette. I think a good sign that he may have actually quit is that there has been no smoke tucked into his headstock during any shows this tour. Remember when that used to be thought of as cool.

I hope he's finally kicked the habit. I've been trying for about two years now, but keep falling off the wagon. The longest I went was 19 days last may, and in that short time I could really feel the difference, then I lit one up during a night of poker and it's been a pack a day again since. I will beat it though before it beats me... I have faith.

Thanks for listening.

Banned!
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First time on the site in a while, and was actually just wondering when someone would do a thread about this, and what's the first thing I see . . . haha, must be fate.

If things have got to the point where this is thread-worthy, then think it may be time to go have a lie down.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:02 AM
    Liked 6,819 Times in 3,566 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ELVH_INC View Post
    First time on the site in a while, and was actually just wondering when someone would do a thread about this, and what's the first thing I see . . . haha, must be fate.

If things have got to the point where this is thread-worthy, then think it may be time to go have a lie down.
    ... UM!

Quote Originally Posted by ELVH_INC View Post
    Seems to be a common practice of people posting this sort of random response when they find a thread topic is boring or whatever. Maybe people who find a thread boring could just, you know, not post anything at all.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

SGMAD
    Last Online

07.07.17 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

I haven't seen any clips of him smoking. I hope he quit. We need him around for along time yet.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

No one has seen him in public with a cigarette in quite awhile. And 47, don't even THINK about putting a funny picture in this thread. It's not your place to provide long time linkers with good natured visual commentary as opposed to random hate spewing. I'll tell!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Word has been that Ed may be using an electronic cigarette. I think a good sign that he may have actually quit is that there has been no smoke tucked into his headstock during any shows this tour. Remember when that used to be thought of as cool.

I hope he's finally kicked the habit. I've been trying for about two years now, but keep falling off the wagon. The longest I went was 19 days last may, and in that short time I could really feel the difference, then I lit one up during a night of poker and it's been a pack a day again since. I will beat it though before it beats me... I have faith.

Thanks for listening.

I was a pack a day for 17 years - failed quiting more times that I can count, kicked seven years ago with ALAN CARR's EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING. I'm sure you've heard of the book, I am just another disciple. I was a unrepentant smoker before - now I can't even imagine having a puff. Just my two cents - which I can easily afford now that I don't dump 40$ a week on smokes.
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

If he is smoking it's not in public.
    Im trying to kick the nicotine gum myself.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure in one of the interview videos with Al and Dave he pulls out an E-cigarette.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Romeo Delight Chrisvanguitar5150's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF EM!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by r8ter316 View Post
    Sorry...but being the first to respond I had to do this. And I'm sorry for being a dick. But.....

WHO THE HELL CARES?!
    I do I wanna see my god live to infinity but I mean 100 would be good to!
    "what's a great song? Lot's of people think songs without singing is not a song. Tell that to Beethoven and he'll kick your ass"

"I think Chris might explode if you got the Wolfgang, he would literally explode. We are talking about a man with EVH shoes" - P.T, episode 203 Six String Bliss

Hear my interview with Six String Bliss! : http://sixstringbliss.libsyn.com/retro-zone-episode-9 (57 mins in!)

Romeo Delight Chrisvanguitar5150's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF EM!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Thanks for listening.

Im on day 49 If any of you are cell users and have androids there is a great app that really helps called quit now, check it out, the forum with all the people trying to quit really helps and its great to see the stats and achievements you get

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Funny this topic should come up, tomorrow will be 120 days for me (F'yeah). I have gained about 20 lbs and now have a bit of a gut but a couple of pounds wont make you smell and look like shit as easy as a cig will. I realize it is a daily battle but its a good fight and makes me feel better every day!
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg