Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With the rumor of the Sam and Dave Tour, some fans are making the next step and are hoping for a Sam and Dave VH Tour.

I think Roth and Hagar doing a dual headliners solo tour is pretty cool, and I hope it comes off. But I really hope that VH avoids doing a dual lead singers tour with Roth and Hagar. Here are my reasons.

1. It would be a logistical nightmare. VH has not come close to playing a three hour show recently if ever. In 1998 they a 1:50-2:00 show, and that included long guitar and drum solos. To think a older VH is going to start cranking out 3 hour shows is unrealistic. So that leaves you with 2 hours and Eddie's solo. That leaves about 30-45 minutes for each singer, plus the encore which will probably feature both. Would this really satisfy anybody?

2. A tour like this would really be a farewell tour. There would be nowhere to go from there. Assuming everybody is in good health, I think VH has multiple tours and albums with Dave left in them. I would like to see VH emmulate the Stones since '89. Who here would not like to see 3 studio albums, 3 live albums, and 4 tours over a 10 year period? If the members are healthy, why not? If they do a Sam and Dave tour, that means you are going to get one tour, and maybe a live album, and that's it. And really why would Hagar or Roth even bother with that. A dual headliners solo tour could boost their solo careers. A 2 singer VH tour does nothing for their solo careers.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

a few more albums left with dave? LMAO. no offense, but if ed is in good health, then how come they haven't done anything with roth yet? why is mikey playing with sam? why did they leave wb? why did they let scotty ross go?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

With Dave and Sammy preparing a joint tour (no pun intended), a 2 singer VH reunion tour doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who knows, this could be a tryout to see if the two egos could handle sharing the stage. But the real problem lies with what Eddie and Al want to do next. If they do something next?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Raldo,

I understand that a few albums with Dave, or Sammy is unlikely, even with good health. But if there is health then I feel Van Halen has morew than one tour left in them. My main point is, if they can put it together on a personal level, than there is no need for a two singer farewell tour.

I also think that my point about it being a logistical nightmare remains true.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raldo:
    With Dave and Sammy preparing a joint tour (no pun intended), a 2 singer VH reunion tour doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who knows, this could be a tryout to see if the two egos could handle sharing the stage. But the real problem lies with what Eddie and Al want to do next. If they do something next?
    i agree with you, i think 2 singers in the band would be great.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think 'dog' makes some good points in the initial post here.

For me though, Van Halen have one album and one tour in them at most, regardless of who the singer is. I just don't believe it's ever going to get past that, so the idea that a two singer tour would be a farewell isn't really a factor.

But I think a two singer tour would be a bad idea. I just don't think it would work; it would seem incredibly optomistic to think that Ed and Al could get along with Dave OR Sammy for an entire tour, but the idea of them having to get along with BOTH of them is a stretch.

Also, touring like this, what about a new album? Sounds like there wouldn't be an album if this was going to be the configuration, and I don't like that idea. I don't want Van Halen out there playing unless they're presenting new material mixed in with the old stuff.

Good topic for the Opinions forum, I'm going to send it over there now. [img]smile.gif[/img]