Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Dick Cheney recovering from heart transplant

Sorry , I think 71 is too old. when young people are dying on the transplant lists, I think that 71 is a good long life.

I thought the same thing when Mickey Mantle got a liver transplant at age 64 when I knew someone who was on the list for years and died before the age of 40

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...ery/53754802/1

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.26.12 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dick Cheney has a heart? Next thing you know someones gonna claim he has a soul too.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:27 AM
    Liked 7,884 Times in 4,610 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Sorry , I think 71 is too old. when young people are dying on the transplant lists, I think that 71 is a good long life.
    Well I'm sure him and his family would beg to differ. So he is just supposed to die because he is 71? I know Dick Cheney isn't the most popular guy on the planet but he is entitled to want to live isn't he?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidbilly View Post
    Dick Cheney has a heart? Next thing you know someones gonna claim he has a soul too.
    I came here to say the same thing.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What happened to his old heart? It's probably escaped by now!

Shit, I knew this would happen.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kidbilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I came here to say the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    What happened to his old heart? It's probably escaped by now!

Shit, I knew this would happen.
    ROTLMAO! Some Sunday morning laughs at Darth Cheney's expense.

My wife works at the hospital he had the transplant in. No, guys, I'm not gonna ask her to pull any plugs.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Well I'm sure him and his family would beg to differ. So he is just supposed to die because he is 71? I know Dick Cheney isn't the most popular guy on the planet but he is entitled to want to live isn't he?
    lots of people die at 71 or younger and hundreds die on transplant lists every year....I not the only one asking

what would the family differ on? that he had a good and long life? geez if even his family thinks he was no good, you have a problem

I guess some 71 year olds have more to be afraid of in dying than others

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 AM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

As long as he didn't buy the heart and had to wait like everyone else. He's been on some kind of pump thats actually a type of artifical heart for about a year.Stem cells people Stem cells!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Cheney notwithstanding, if you believe in it, don't forget to check the "donor" box on your drivers license... There would be many more hearts, livers, belly buttons and other organs available for those who need them - if only there were more donors...

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

I checked my box on my license to be a donor if there's anything I haven't used up if something happens to me.

However, I sincerely hope that if I become 71 and need something that someone doesnt come along and say, "Ah, we think you've lived long enough. You don't qualify." sounds like the Obamacare plan everyone's been harping on about. Who the hell gets to decide that? Especially, since my grandparents lived well into their 80's and 90's and still contributed to society.

Now if my quality of life is not going to be good, even with said transplant, well that would be something to consider. Hopefully, by me though and not someone playing God or Judge deciding if I'm fit to live or just saying sorry, you're not good enough.

One of my best friends father died waiting on a transplant. They became dear friends with another family who's father/son/husband needed a transplant. He was a former druggie, who basically ruined his heart with all the drugs he consumed. He had turned his life around and spent time with children and at risk youth, counseling them and trying to show them what could happen. He got the heart. Under protest from only himself as he told them to give it to my friends dad. However, he wasn't a match. This fucking bitch reporter (whom I still despise to this day) tried to do a story on the unfairness of the situation how this guy had done it to himself while my friends dad had lived an exemplary life. Well needless to say we all told her exactly what we thought about her and threatened to whip her ass if that story ever got published. It didn't. Who the fuck did she think she was deciding something like that anyway? You have to match up. You can't just go to a store and buy a universal heart. It doesn't work that way.

Ok rant over. Yes, I'm still bitter about it. My friends dad was an amazing guy and I think of him often. The time he spent in the hospital was not wasted. They made so many advances in medicine working his case. Hopefully, enough to save his daughter(my friend) who has the same heart defect. But no one should ever have the right to decide who is worthy because of someone's age, or obviously their bias on what political party affiliation someone is.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    You can't just go to a store and buy a universal heart. It doesn't work that way.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

I checked my box on my license to be a donor if there's anything I haven't used up if something happens to me.

However, I sincerely hope that if I become 71 and need something that someone doesnt come along and say, "Ah, we think you've lived long enough. You don't qualify." sounds like the Obamacare plan everyone's been harping on about. Who the hell gets to decide that? Especially, since my grandparents lived well into their 80's and 90's and still contributed to society.

Now if my quality of life is not going to be good, even with said transplant, well that would be something to consider. Hopefully, by me though and not someone playing God or Judge deciding if I'm fit to live or just saying sorry, you're not good enough.

One of my best friends father died waiting on a transplant. They became dear friends with another family who's father/son/husband needed a transplant. He was a former druggie, who basically ruined his heart with all the drugs he consumed. He had turned his life around and spent time with children and at risk youth, counseling them and trying to show them what could happen. He got the heart. Under protest from only himself as he told them to give it to my friends dad. However, he wasn't a match. This fucking bitch reporter (whom I still despise to this day) tried to do a story on the unfairness of the situation how this guy had done it to himself while my friends dad had lived an exemplary life. Well needless to say we all told her exactly what we thought about her and threatened to whip her ass if that story ever got published. It didn't. Who the fuck did she think she was deciding something like that anyway? You have to match up. You can't just go to a store and buy a universal heart. It doesn't work that way.

Ok rant over. Yes, I'm still bitter about it. My friends dad was an amazing guy and I think of him often. The time he spent in the hospital was not wasted. They made so many advances in medicine working his case. Hopefully, enough to save his daughter(my friend) who has the same heart defect. But no one should ever have the right to decide who is worthy because of someone's age, or obviously their bias on what political party affiliation someone is.

the average life expectancy of an Amercian man is 76, Cheney is 71. sounds like a good life to me, but some people will always want more more more

and yes, they DO get to decide who is eligible for a transplant, Those decisions are already being made every day and have NOTHING to do with OBAMACARE
    I know someone who was disqualified for a liver transplant and put in a drug counselling program because during the wait period he tested "dirty for drugs" never mind that his organ failure wasn't due to drugs but a genetic problem and never mind that the drugs found in his system were prescribed by a physician after an emergency procedure to save his life

off the transplant list and back to doing the qualifying procedures where he died before he could get back on the list.....like a thousand or so others die every year on waiting lists

he wasn't even 40 and left young children behind

and anyone who believes that Cheney didn't get special treatment ....well looks like he got the GOPCARE.....which is apparently waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Obamacare

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

"Oh Boy! Now I finally have a heart!"

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

People with cancer are not eligible to either receive transplants or be donors for someone else for obvious reasons. People who have other terminal illnesses, I get that. Someone who has a history of heart problems with no other issues, they should qualify regardless of age.

As far as life expectancy, I think that's crap. Suppose it was your father or grandfather and not the much hated by some Dick Cheney. Would you think differently? Be honest.

What happened to your friend is absolute bullshit and completely unfair, I agree. That would have been the biggest medical malpractice lawsuit, I would have been shouting from the rooftops had it been my relative.

I'm not saying it has anything to do with Obamacare but if you look perhaps at other country's universal healthcare systems ( like Obamacare threatens to be) people are waiting for invaluable months to be treated for life threatening illnesses. The waiting like that usually does not occur here under private insurance. Insurance companies are dictating here and now who gets treatment and life saving medicines and who doesn't, just by simply by refusing to pay for it. You don't have enough to get it on your own, tough shit, you die. It's all bullshit! What needs to happen is we keep more of our hard earned money, insurance companies are tightly regulated and then we can afford to buy our own insurance. I have another friend who is dealing with this right now, she's been diagnosed with MS. Beautiful, newly married, in her 20's. Her medicine is going to cost her 5,000 a month. No, that is not a typo. 5 fucking thousand a month! She is a nurse, her husband and his family are Dr's and they still can't afford that. So she just dies? She wants children, she hasn't lived yet, she wants what we all do. I cannot express how much I despise the control insurance and drug companies have over us. You know damn well that medicine is not even close to 5,000 or even half that to make.

Now, on another note...Magic Johnson....has HIV...still alive. Why?? Because he had money to pay for all those medicines and treatments that few others are able to afford. Don't see you outraged about that. Thousands have died because they couldn't pay for it. Some were not even to "blame" because they had no choice but to accept that life saving/destroying transfusion, or were deliberately infected by someone else, or were raped etc...Oh wait, but Magic is a famous, beloved basketball star that apparently fucked everything that moved so technically its his own fault for not using protection and you hate Cheney and all he stands for. Damn, Dick Cheney and his fucking money! How dare he use it to get a life saving heart transplant. What a piece of shit! He should sacrifice himself because he, in your opinion, doesnt deserve to live anyway right? Now do you really think political party had jack shit to do with who lives and who dies? I'm certain precious Pelosi would have given up her chance had she been in the same situation right? Yeah......right.

The GOP has nothing to do with it. But you are right, it damn sure is better than Obamacare because at least we have a fighting chance with private insurance.

What I'm trying to say is just because it happens doesn't mean it should. I think it should be fair and the list is the list. However, like i said you have to match your donor in several areas. I just hope that if anything ever happens to me or my loved ones that I don't get someone saying " Sorry, you're not worthy to live, you have to die, doesn't matter that you can pay for the best medical care in the world." next I guess I'll be hearing he had someone killed so he could have their heart. Yeah, that's not a stretch at all.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:27 AM
    Liked 7,884 Times in 4,610 Posts

Premium Member

Now, on another note...Magic Johnson....has HIV...still alive. Why?? Because he had money to pay for all those medicines and treatments that few others are able to afford. Don't see you outraged about that. Thousands have died because they couldn't pay for it. Some were not even to "blame" because they had no choice but to accept that life saving/destroying transfusion, or were deliberately infected by someone else, or were raped etc...Oh wait, but Magic is a famous, beloved basketball star that apparently fucked everything that moved so technically its his own fault for not using protection and you hate Cheney and all he stands for. Damn, Dick Cheney and his fucking money! How dare he use it to get a life saving heart transplant. What a piece of shit! He should sacrifice himself because he, in your opinion, doesnt deserve to live anyway right? Now do you really think political party had jack shit to do with who lives and who dies? I'm certain precious Pelosi would have given up her chance had she been in the same situation right? Yeah......right.

The GOP has nothing to do with it. But you are right, it damn sure is better than Obamacare because at least we have a fighting chance with private insurance.

What I'm trying to say is just because it happens doesn't mean it should. I think it should be fair and the list is the list. However, like i said you have to match your donor in several areas. I just hope that if anything ever happens to me or my loved ones that I don't get someone saying " Sorry, you're not worthy to live, you have to die, doesn't matter that you can pay for the best medical care in the world." next I guess I'll be hearing he had someone killed so he could have their heart. Yeah, that's not a stretch at all.
    I know. The AUDACITY of Dick Cheney to want to prolong his life. If he did all the right things and waited his turn, then who are we to say, "fuck it" you lived long enough. I don't get that mentality.