Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

Things go from bad to worse:

(1) VH has all but abandoned its fans. Thanks for giving a shit about 9.11, guys. Would it have hurt to have Brad put a flag on that shitty official site?

(2) Dave, who with Sammy appears to be the only ones who care about the fans, creates a website that is like Kubrick on acid -- except that I can't get the fucking thing to fit on my screen. While this new site is admittedly 1,000,000 times better than the shitty orange crap of a site created by TK (dickheads, I'd stiff you on the bill for that P.O.S., too), I would love Dave to string a coherent thought together -- just once. As best as I could understand it -- Dave has something in the works (hell yeah) but it appears to be with Johnny 5 and the VH cover band he's touring with. Is there any chance that, if a reunion ain't happening, Dave could shelve the ego and get some real players that may bring a bit more credibility, as least musically. Dave can't be taken seriously with a guitar player who pretended to be Ed in a tribute band. Get Warren DiMartini, George Lynch, Jake Lee, or some other player and make some original music.

I don't know about the other posters and lurkers around here, but VH is starting to become a trivia question -- what ever happened to... -- and a band I USED to love. Now they are just a group I listen to. Big difference. A big fucking difference.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Smokin'...

I understand and feel your pain. However, there seems to be a lot of bloodletting going on over under the BOYCOTT thread. You might get a little more relief if you hopped over there.

Just a suggestion. I feel your pain though. [img]smile.gif[/img] Nice analogy about Kubrick on acid...LMAO!
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
    (1) VH has all but abandoned its fans. Thanks for giving a shit about 9.11, guys. Would it have hurt to have Brad put a flag on that shitty official site?<hr></blockquote>Wasn't there an American flag at half mast on the official VH website right after the tragedy? I seem to recall that there was.

I go in stages of being frustrated with VH for lack of communication. But I really don't understand why anyone is upset with them for remaining silent in the wake of September 11th. I guess it's a sign of the times, and how much weight is given to a celebrity opinion, but why exactly are we any more interested in Eddie Van Halen's opinion of September 11th than we are of our own opinions? They're just people, it's not like they have any special insight into the tragedy, or how to bounce back from it.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>(2) Dave, who with Sammy appears to be the only ones who care about the fans<hr></blockquote>I don't really give Dave all that much credit for being fan friendly. He's played a few shows, that's great, but any statements he makes tend to require an interpreter to understand. Dave's style of saying a lot, but still saying nothing, has really lost its charm to me. I wish he'd either say something concrete and coherent, or just say nothing at all.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>As best as I could understand it -- Dave has something in the works (hell yeah) but it appears to be with Johnny 5 and the VH cover band he's touring with. Is there any chance that, if a reunion ain't happening, Dave could shelve the ego and get some real players that may bring a bit more credibility, as least musically. Dave can't be taken seriously with a guitar player who pretended to be Ed in a tribute band. Get Warren DiMartini, George Lynch, Jake Lee, or some other player and make some original music.<hr></blockquote>I totally agree with you here. I think Dave needs to get on with things (perhaps he is, we'll have to wait and see) and leave VH behind. If that doesn't motivate Eddie and the guys to get Dave back, Dave's no worse off, and he's further down the highway of career resurrection. I don't want the VH show from Dave, I want the Dave show from Dave.

Great post Smokin', I'm gonna send it over to the Opinions/Speculation Forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 27, 2001 at 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]</p>