Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.10.12 @ 10:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Van Halen and Vegas....

Hey all, long time Van Halen fan, just looking to say "HI" to other VH sickos like myself I s'pose. Anyhow, nothing groundbreaking here, but just thought I'd share a few unique Van Halen Vegas stories. I’ve been lurking on this site for about 8 years. I think it’s great, can’t say I always agree with everything I read, ( hell half the shit I’ve read Brett post I disagree with, but then again I'm a lifelong Celtic's fan......maybe that's it ). I’ve seen Van Halen 31 times live, Sam 7, Dave 3 , Extreme 2 and hell, guess even Chickenfoot once.I know there are others like myself in town who have actually witnessed some VH “history” here. I gotta’ be one of the few son of a bitches that saw:

a) Dave get hit in the face with a keychain and stop the show in '84 and try to get the asshole to come on stage so he could kick his fucking ass.

b) In the mid nineties, I unfortunaltely also saw Dave's stint at the MGM with his, hmmmmm “ Mambo show”, no comment, I saw it and I’ll just leave it at that.( He cancelled on us in 86 on the EEAS tour, had my tickets was pissed!! Saw him years later with John 5 was good not great.)

c) In October 98 got to see them on back to back nights play the Hard Rock, Ed broke out his striped Peavey guitar for the very first time on that show. And I met Valerie at the bar during the set and she was BEYOND fucking cool……….she was double fisting and went right back to the front of the stage.

d) In 2004 I knew where they were staying, they played their 3rd show here, so I camped out and actually followed their SUVS as the left the back of the Orleans Hotel. Mike and Alex were in the same car ( Yes I know in 04 Sam and Mike usually traveled together but not this night, it was Mike and AL in the black Cadilac / Lincoln?- SUV), Alex walked right into the hotel but my "then" lady ran up to Mike and introduced herself and asked for a picture. Mike was blown away that we just saw them in concert ( like he was surprised and very appreciative, Mike couldn't stop THANKING US!!!), he then posed for 2 photos with her ( His bald body guard was a fucking dick though!), ( I was illegally parked in my car with the widows down blocking their SUV so I couldn’t get out to get in the pic’ haha, 4 Season's doesn’t fuck around!!). Mike BEYOND COOL!!!! ( Shocking I know….)

e) I also saw in 2008 the night before the first Pats and Giants Superbowl, when Chickentfoot actually became CHICKENFOOT and they played their first ever show together inside “The Pearl” at the Palms, was a great show!!!!

f.) Fucking craziest shit at Tiger Jam, April '08 and can only wonder who saw this shit I was close enough, Tiger Woods is a HUGE Van Halen, but this night he was on crutches because he just won the U.S. Open and had knee surgery. Tiger though was so amped up that , that mother fucker left his handlers and hobbled over to the front of the stage in this make-shift mosh pit and started rocking the fuck out, jumping up and down on one leg with the crowd!! Tiger Fucking Woods!!! It only lasted a few minutes before his handlers got to him and dragged him out of there, I'm not even sure if the folks even realized it was him.I could care less who he fucked around with, from that night on I saw Tiger Woods on one fucking leg act like "one of us" at a Van Halen concert front and center................I still cheer for him to this day because of that.

Im a HUGE fan of both eras, but full disclosure I do prefer the Dave era to the Sam era, more cutting edge and more of a common soundtrack to all our youth. But on that same breathe, seems like alot of you friends at times just slag the Sammy stuff? I humbly disagree, I love that stuff to but that's for another discussion. Anyhow, Vegas though has ALWAYS had a rather unique history with Van Halen ( Including amongst many stories in the late nineties and early 2000's Ed and Val were spotted more then once bringing a very young Wolf to the MGM to see Brittany and all that boyband stuff.) that I never seen talked about before. Basically, above all else, especially my friends that live here, we all know Vegas is about the bottum line , $$$$$. I've always been able to tell just how "HOT" Van Halen was or where their career really was just by what venue they play here. Vegas doesn't give a shit about who the hell you are, if you ain't moving money or putting asses in the seats you ain't playin the MGM, Mandalay Bay or Ceasers. In 81 they played the old 4,000 seat convention center, 84 they broke the fucking attendance record at the Thomas and Mack Center 18,000+ ( later to be broken by GNR), 86, 92 & 95 they played the Thomas & Mack Center again ( that's the home of my schools basketball team holds 18,000-20,000 depends, off the strip and much cheaper tickets). Of course in 98 they played the old tiny Hard Rock in back to back nights ( yes the album wasn't great but the shows really were!!). 94 they played Mandaley Bay twice, then the Orleans Hotel ( still waiting for Ed to give me my money back for all 3 shows he was (SO BAD!!).97 and 98 they were at the MGM ( Ed wasn't at his best.....but still pretty good) Now here we are in 2012 they are playing the MGM on a Holiday Weekend which tells me they really are very hot right now, which is awesome! Already got my tickets, I'm just off the floor Ed's side in the executive seating ( I got lucky I have a hookup!) Anyhow just wanted to say "HI" friends and maybe I'll see you at the show May 27th or even June 1st at Staples, my wife and I are driving down for that show to.........fuck it, ITS VAN HALEN!!

I enclosed picture of my bedroom wall from 1986, please excuse my old ass NFL sheets , goddam that wall brings back some serious memories. I imagine many of you had bedroom walls very similar to mine............GODDAM, LOOK AT THE CORNERS OF THOSE POSTERS, I WORE THOSE FUCKERS OUT!!! Van Halen loyalty in the 80's very SERIOUS business for crazy teens like us................in any city!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Welcome!
    C ya in LV & LA
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

10-4,i am headin there to see that show,stayin at MGM also.Whole trip and tix are bought and paid for,just gotta pack and jump on plane.Even the wife is semi pumped,its her bday on the 27th.(She not a huge Dave era VH fan but will adapt fine.).I am hopin for an amazing show,i have no clue where i'm sittin though,i bought the"somewhere in the first 20 rows"package through livenation.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I'm not the only one going to both shows?!? Awesome!! Yeah, going to be fucking great when they play here that weekend, holiday weekends always nuts here, I do believe theres a UFC fight that same weekend. The start of summer and Van Halen in Vegas...yeah gonna have too say, doesn't get much better than that!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning and ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

09.07.15 @ 02:12 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Cool stories especially the tiger one.
    Janie Liszewski did the IMPOSSIBLE she helped Eddie Van Halen get better. Deal with it.

The day is dunzo lets have some funzo- DLR AS IS

Somedays you're the dog Somedays you're the hydrant- DLR Bullethead

It's not who you squeeze but who returns to squeeze you, no doubt, love em all I says let cupid sort em out!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hell yeah and Tiger just won over the weekend!!!! I wonder if Ed still plays......