Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Still No Word About Any Tour Extension???

Yes they are going throughout most of the country yet this tour seems very short especially that they are supporting a new album for once. I was hoping for some outdoor summer shows and for those overseas that they would have announced dates for those places as well by now.

I am kind of exepcting a live dvd and hopefully a live cd as well and then they can go back out and support those as well. Kind of like what they did in 1993 with RHRN.

I have a scary feeling that this is it...........the end is nearing for Van Halen.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wouldn't make much sense for them to announce summer dates at this point, not while they are still trying to sell tickets for the Spring shows.

It's no secret that many of the shows aren't exactly sold out, so why announce more shows at this point?

Doesn't mean they aren't planning any.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

no official word but i've heard from people connected to the tour (on twitter) that its likely they'll go overseas once the US leg is done.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    no official word but i've heard from people connected to the tour (on twitter) that its likely they'll go overseas once the US leg is done.
    Have those same people said anything about them doing more dates back in the U.S.?

I think a couple weeks off after tour wraps up in June, go overseas in July and maybe come back here and do a co-headlining tour with another big act in August-October time frame.

I don't think there will be a huge European tour but maybe like 10-15 dates in places like London through Germany.
    So many places they could play, include an Australia, Japan leg and a couple shows on the way back in Hawaii?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    maybe come back here and do a co-headlining tour with another big act in August-October time frame.
    B/c they're charging so much for tickets, VH doesn't need to sell-out an arena to make a very large profit per gig... (It's the Rolling Stones' model from the mid-2000s -- and VH is one of the few bands today who can pull it off.)

I'm sure VH would love to sell-out everywhere -- they have sold-out more arenas than not on this tour, including 2 nights in NYC and a night in Boston, two of the largest markets in the US... But with their average ticket selling for around $200, each "sell out" is icing on the proverbial cake.

If Van Halen wanted to sell out every gig, they'd lower tickets to the $50 range, (like most bands,) and then they'd also have a much more diverse group of people at their concerts, (age, socio-economic ranges, etc.) They'd make less money that way though.

Van Halen's making way too much money on this tour own to co-headline. If they hooked-up with someone like Aerosmith and played stadiums, they'd have to lower ticket prices and then split the proceeds. Both bands would lose money... What would be the point?
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Its time for another big music festival ala LIVE AID or something. Not for the promoters to get richer on, not for the bands either. But something to help some great causes. The world seems to have lost its heart!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Remember that in another thread it was posted by 47 that Val called in to a radio show and said that perhaps Cleavland would be visited later in the year. So there has probably been discussion about coming back through the states again. Doubt she would make that up. She also leaked the name of the new single pre-release. Her son is the bass player, she's clearly in the loop on everything.