Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 11,012 Times in 5,409 Posts

Premium Member

Default Tom Lofgren

My buddies little bar band (22 Late) has caught lightning in a bottle.

Nils Lofgren's brother, Tom, who played on some of Nils Lofgren's solo albums, and also on one of the Grin albums, moved into my friend's neighborhood and now plays in his little cover bar band.

Went and say them play a gig last night, and he is a damn good player, you really get to see the difference between hack amateur's like myself and my buddy and a former touring a recording pro like Tom. Really good player.

As he is getting up there in years, he only plays during their first two sets, and then takes a seat in the crowd.

Ironically, the only time I would say he messed up all night was during the solo to Jump, but I am probably the only one who noticed outside of the band.

Fun time, next time they play I will try to get video.

From what I can find he only has two writing credits - Beggar's Day and It's Not A Crime.

Beggar's Day

It's Not a Crime

In the It's Not a Crime video you can see Tom singing backup at 0:56, with LOTS of hair. He still has the hair, but it is all gray now. Cool guy, talked to him briefly.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 03.18.12 at 06:09 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!