Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

Default Floor Seating Advice Please

It's been a long time since I've sat on the floor at an arena show. For those who have sat on the floor for this VH show, what are your recommendations? Are there bad floor seats? How far back to you go before you might as well sit on the elevated sides? Are there bad rows because people are walking in front of you the whole time?

acs

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:14 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

My suggestion is getting as close as possible. If you are looking at the stage, you would want to be on the center/right (between Dave and Ed).

Isle seats are great (usually seat #1/2)...there is space where you can see straight to the stage. Different places have different number of seats in each section so you'd have to figure out which seat numbers are on the end of each section.

However, if you can get front row, get it wherever you can. I'd rather have front row on Wolfie's side, than 2nd row on Ed's side with a 6 foot 5 guy in front of me.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

My personal opinion is that once you get past 20 rows on the floor, you should be in the upper bowl for better seating. That's just my opinion but I'm spoiled when it comes to floor seating.

It's a row 1-5 or bust on the floor rule for me. I'm either getting really close to the stage, or, I'm enjoying the show, view and sound from a good 100 level seat.

Again, just my opinion. Other people see it differently.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Slinger View Post
    My personal opinion is that once you get past 20 rows on the floor, you should be in the upper bowl for better seating. That's just my opinion but I'm spoiled when it comes to floor seating.

It's a row 1-5 or bust on the floor rule for me. I'm either getting really close to the stage, or, I'm enjoying the show, view and sound from a good 100 level seat.

Again, just my opinion. Other people see it differently.
    Thanks!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    It's been a long time since I've sat on the floor at an arena show. For those who have sat on the floor for this VH show, what are your recommendations? Are there bad floor seats? How far back to you go before you might as well sit on the elevated sides? Are there bad rows because people are walking in front of you the whole time?

acs
    My recommendation is that floor seats are fantastic if you are about 20 rows out or closer.

Generally, the first 40-50 rows are NOT elevated. This means if you are 40 rows back, you are pretty far away from the stage. Plus, you've got 39 rows of people in front of you, about half of whom will be waving cell phones/ipads/signs/their first born above their heads for the entire show.

The floor can really be a wild card pretty much anywhere, because you'll never know if you end up with a 6 foot 5 tall gorilla in front of you, which sucks. Those of you who are short, or have very short spouses/gals etc., are more at risk for having an obstructed view all night. I'd advise getting seats on the aisle if possible, so you can move out there a little if you need to.

I'm 5.9, and rarely have any issues with this. But it is a crapshoot.

Floor is great, but has some inherent risks as stated. If you are willing to move a little (IE crowd the person next to you, move out into the aisle etc.), and if you are willing to politely tap the person in front of you and ask them to please lower their cell phone (which I am), you probably don't have much to worry about. Also helps if you are with 3 or 4 friends, as you'll be able to move around a bit so people have shorter people in front of them.

I love the floor. Best place for seeing and hearing. But as I said, once you get about 20 rows back, I'd rather be close to the sides.

I'm not a huge fan of rear floor seats - even though they are generally elevated, meaning obstruction isn't an issue - you are pretty far away from the stage at that point. Best part about those seats is they are near the soundboard, so sound is generally as good as it gets in an arena.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    However, if you can get front row, get it wherever you can. I'd rather have front row on Wolfie's side, than 2nd row on Ed's side with a 6 foot 5 guy in front of me.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.
    Not sure I'd agree with this. I'd rather have 5th-10th row dead center than 1st row way off to the side.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, For Unlawful, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Humans Being
    Last Online

07.20.15 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good posts above. Sub 20th row and floor seats are usually great, and obviously the closer the better. I've sat all over for VH on every tour since 88 including floor seating about 2/3 of the time.

For this tour I was in section 1 row 5 at MSG, which was deceiving as I thought I was literally 5th row. Section 1 at MSG is about 2/3 of the way back on the floor. the show was still as enjoyable as it could have been but, I'd almost have preferred something closer in the 100s or 200s to get a little better view.

I'd disagree about 1st row wolf side versus 2nd row ed side. I'd take anything better than 15th row Ed's side over anything first row on Wolf's side. Lets face it, we are there to be amazed by Eddie first and foremost.

But this is Van Halen, so it's the biggest party on a stage, so any seat I'd be happy with.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.26.16 @ 12:01 AM
    Liked 72 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    Aisle seats are great (usually seat #1/2)...there is space where you can see straight to the stage. Different places have different number of seats in each section so you'd have to figure out which seat numbers are on the end of each section.
    I absolutely hate aisle seats. Seems like every time I get one - it's in the aisle full of people who want to leave to get a beer/take a piss every ten minutes. So I spend the whole show moving out of the way to let people get in and out of the aisle.

I prefer center of the aisle seats and specifically search for them when I look for tickets.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitard View Post
    I absolutely hate aisle seats. Seems like every time I get one - it's in the aisle full of people who want to leave to get a beer/take a piss every ten minutes. So I spend the whole show moving out of the way to let people get in and out of the aisle.

I prefer center of the aisle seats and specifically search for them when I look for tickets.
    That's a preference call. I much rather prefer being on the aisle or close to it, because hey, I like to piss every ten minutes and get a beer, so this makes it far easier.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

I've never had floor seating at an arena before. I have floor seats in the section just in front of the sound board for the Denver show at the Pepsi Center.

I know every arena is different, but can anyone provide a rough idea of how many rows might be ahead of me? I'm essentially in Row 8 of the second section of seats.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

Mark Twain

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C Brown View Post
    I've never had floor seating at an arena before. I have floor seats in the section just in front of the sound board for the Denver show at the Pepsi Center.

I know every arena is different, but can anyone provide a rough idea of how many rows might be ahead of me? I'm essentially in Row 8 of the second section of seats.
    This stuff is really easy to figure out. Call the venue box office, or ticketmaster and speak with a rep, and someone will be willing to tell you.

But sound board? About 40 rows back most likely.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.26.16 @ 12:01 AM
    Liked 72 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C Brown View Post

http://www.seathound.com/event/2012-...tickets-389534

According to this chart, there are 25 rows in each floor section. So if you are in the 8th row of Section EEE, that would put you in row 32. But you also have to figure in the width of the walkway between Section EEE and Section BBB - which is probably equivalent to three or four rows wide.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

According to this chart, there are 25 rows in each floor section. So if you are in the 8th row of Section EEE, that would put you in row 32. But you also have to figure in the width of the walkway between Section EEE and Section BBB - which is probably equivalent to three or four rows wide.
    Thanks! I found the seating chart but overlooked the "25" for the rows the first time. Not the greatest seats but could be worse.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

Mark Twain

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So, like I said, about 40 rows back.

Damn, I'm good.