Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

Default Axe-Fx II tone matches "Somebody Get Me A Doctor"

I think this is pretty cool. The Axe-Fx II is going to get a "tone matching" feature, which allows it to mimic the tone of isolated guitar tracks. As an example, a Van Halen clip has been posted.

The reference track that was used is at

And the Axe-FX II "tone matched" clip is at http://soundcloud.com/adammcook/evh-match-attempt

What do you think? Does it sound close enough to warrant the Axe-Fx II's price?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.12.17 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    I think this is pretty cool. The Axe-Fx II is going to get a "tone matching" feature, which allows it to mimic the tone of isolated guitar tracks. As an example, a Van Halen clip has been posted.

The reference track that was used is at

And the Axe-FX II "tone matched" clip is at http://soundcloud.com/adammcook/evh-match-attempt

What do you think? Does it sound close enough to warrant the Axe-Fx II's price?
    If all of the sudden the AxeII gets the Kemper profiling feature (this is the same concept), it would finally set it completely apart from the 11 Rack, and absolutely all other modellers. Now if I could only have an AxeFx, with the same input circuitry and Pro Tools connectivity as my 11 Rack, the processing of the Axe, and the profiling of the Kemper.... that would be something I'd pay a ton of money for.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

A little rough around the edges but awefully damn close. Pretty amazing.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

The Axe-FX is getting profiling. These two new features (profiling and tone matching) were announced at the same time. I just didn't bring it up because it didn't come to mind. Sorry.

But yeah, this unit is quickly becoming everything I've ever wanted out of digital modeling. I've always said I'd wait to make a big purchase until the devices were cloning the tones off of albums, and well, now this one will be.

Although, that's not to say I'm going to buy the Axe-FX. That's a lot of money which I don't really have unless I sell off everything I'm using now. But it's certainly something for me to consider.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    The Axe-FX is getting profiling. These two new features (profiling and tone matching) were announced at the same time. I just didn't bring it up because it didn't come to mind. Sorry.

But yeah, this unit is quickly becoming everything I've ever wanted out of digital modeling. I've always said I'd wait to make a big purchase until the devices were cloning the tones off of albums, and well, now this one will be.

Although, that's not to say I'm going to buy the Axe-FX. That's a lot of money which I don't really have unless I sell off everything I'm using now. But it's certainly something for me to consider.
    Ya, I'm extremely happy with my 11 Rack (it's got a lot less amp models than the Axe, but the models it does have are just as good sound-quality wise. Also, the input circuitry of the 11 Rack is AMAZING, which gives you that 'real amp feel'.) I don't see myself buying an AxeII any time soon either -- I'd rather build a few more custom tube amps. But eventually if I'm touring down the road, or doing a lot of guitar session/reamping work, a modelling PLUS profiling AxeFX could be extremely useful. I could take all of my real amps along with me in the Axe.