Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 11,572 Times in 4,933 Posts

03.15.12: Van Halen @ Bell Centre - Montreal, QC, Canada - REVIEWS & SET LIST!

Here's the review thread for the Montreal show on 03.15.12.

Please note, unless you went to the show you shouldn't be posting a review. Please let's try to keep these clean by just having reviews in them.

For banter about the show, use the UPDATE & DISCUSSION thread for that.

Thanks!

Set List (Complete):

1. Unchained
    2. Runnin' With The Devil
    3. She's The Woman
    4. Romeo Delight
    5. Tattoo
    6. Everybody Wants Some!!
    7. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    8. China Town
    9. Hear About It Later
    10. (Oh!) Pretty Woman
    11. Alex's Drum Solo
    12. You Really Got Me
    13. The Trouble With Never
    14. Dance The Night Away
    15. I'll Wait
    16. Hot For Teacher
    17. Women In Love
    18. Outta Love Again
    19. Beautiful Girls
    20. Ice Cream Man
    21. Panama
    22. Eddie's Guitar Solo
    23. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    24. Jump
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.14.13 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Absolutely amazing. Worth every penny for the front row seat (Front row center, in front of DLR. Managed to make it on the big screen when DLR put the fat brown haired guy - he called him a "girl" on the big screen.).

The band was on fire (to coin a phrase). I am brain dead and flying out early tomorrow morning. Probably no new updates until Saturday when this will be old news. Got some GREAT pics but again, won't be posting them till I get home. Backstage tour was fun. Got to see Wolfgang sitting around with a laptop actually. Lots of good food and drink. Wore a bracelet that allowed me to drink until I dropped for free. Very happy with the experience. Can't believe I got to hear some of those songs played live, front row center. Best concert experience of my life. If the worst thing you can say is you didn't hear Girl Gone Bad, it's an amazing experience.

Dave and Ed had LOTS of fun interplay, giving each other the thumbs up and chasing each other around many times. They were clearly having LOADS of fun.

I just gotta say, that was without a doubt the BEST VH show I've ever seen. Ed was smoking. The background vocals were right on. Dave sounded fantastic and did very little jazz hands routine. Alex was, as always, a powerhouse. Wolfgang played EXTREMELY WELL and sang EXTREMELY WELL. He also seems to know that he is supposed to keep his head down and just play. No one was looking at him, but he has serious chops, no question.

Oh, and a special shout out to Kool And The Gang for bringing the party. Those dudes worked HARD and never paused to stop a song. They did amazing. Best VH opening act I think, maybe ever (that I've ever seen anyway).
    Hit the ground running...

We came through blood and fire...

"I aim to misbehave." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds: Firefly

Proud fan of BOTH major eras of Van Halen. Yes, we do exist.

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions"-- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

The Sass Jordan version of Van Halen was the best...

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Watcher View Post
    Got to see Wolfgang sitting around with a laptop actually.
    He was catching up on VHLinks posts, no doubt. What's up, Wolfie!

Favorite VH Album

Eat Him&Smile,A Lil Taint Muff
    Favorite VH Song

I Scream Man & He's The Woman
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 05:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Watcher View Post
    Dave and Ed had LOTS of fun interplay, giving each other the thumbs up and chasing each other around many times. They were clearly having LOADS of fun.
    Dave and Ed had "lots of fun interplay"??? What kind of "interplay" was that??? They were giving each other "thumbs up" (thumbs up WHAT?!???) and were "chasing each other around many times"????!?!???? Chasing each other around??? Really? Wow.

They were having "LOADS of fun"??!?!? LOADS of WHAT exactly??? Loads of mangoo???

Sounds like Dave has given up jazz hands for jizz hands the way you describe it. Ick.

Last Online

Top Of The World
    Last Online

06.01.14 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Slapper View Post
    Dave and Ed had "lots of fun interplay"??? What kind of "interplay" was that??? They were giving each other "thumbs up" (thumbs up WHAT?!???) and were "chasing each other around many times"????!?!???? Chasing each other around??? Really? Wow.

They were having "LOADS of fun"??!?!? LOADS of WHAT exactly??? Loads of mangoo???

Sounds like Dave has given up jazz hands for jizz hands the way you describe it. Ick.
    Please stop posting.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vanCherone View Post
    Please stop posting.
    +1,000,000!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.14.13 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Stop projecting your own gay fantasies onto the band.
    Hit the ground running...

We came through blood and fire...

"I aim to misbehave." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds: Firefly

Proud fan of BOTH major eras of Van Halen. Yes, we do exist.

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions"-- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

The Sass Jordan version of Van Halen was the best...

Favorite VH Album

all Roth Era!
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

01.17.17 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Hi Sammy!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with the Devil
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 95 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Brett,
    Please send Turkey Slapping shit bag, loser boy to the bottom of the ocean for 100 years.

That is all.

Later

C.
    Carmine

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Great night in Montreal.

I let a friend of mine take care of the ticket situation and decided to be surprised with the seat location. Since I had invested so much money into the Ottawa and Los Angeles shows later on this year, I figured this would be a good show to sit back and enjoy rather than having a few frosty's and getting my head blown off from the first 10 rows.

We arrive at will-call and we were handed two 300 level tickets in the first row. Great view but not my ideal location for any show, especially Van Halen. We walked up stairs to the 300 level to learn it was closed and blacked out. The two girls we were directed to handed us two lower bowl 100 level tickets. It was a nice surprise that we were upgraded - $170 tickets for the price of $65 tickets. It was bittersweet only because the whole 300 and 400 level were blacked out and it would have been nice to see a packed house rather than 8-9,000 but I would be crazy to complain considering how great the seat upgrade was.

Caught a bit of Kool & The Gang just after we got settled into our seats. As odd as opening act as I thought they would be (and maybe they are) for Van Halen, those guys are a party and a lot of fun. I didnít mind sitting through a few of their hits at all.

When the boys hit the stage, it was business as usual: Al slamming on the skins, house lights, Ed and Wolfie, enter Dave - Unchained. I donít think any Van Halen fan can complain about that choice of opener, I donít care what era of the band youíre a fan of.

You know the set list, you know the songs and Iím not going to tell you anything you havenít already heard or have seen on YouTube, but for the people that have yet to see them on this tour, the playing and chemistry is at an all time high (at least in the last 15 years, in my opinion)

Wolfgang - not even the same person as he was on the 07-08 tour. The kid can play and adds so much depth and dynamics to certain songs that itís scary. What a pleasant surprise he has turned out to be. I give him full credit for making that band and his parts sound as good they need to be.

Ed Ė what can I say that hasnít already been said? The guy is a mutant and he's playing like one. I was ear-to-ear smiles the whole night and thinking back to the first time I saw him and got hooked on him and all things Van Halen when I was six years old at certain points. My friend, who is fan of the band but isnít as experienced or consumed by Van Halen, was jaw-dropped at times.

Alex Ė Heartbeat, back-bone, whatever you want to call him. Heís been the one consistent person and figure in Van Halen throughout the bands entire existence. That hasnít changed one bit, obviously.

Dave Ė if you feel you need entertainment value rather than just music for the price of admission, heís the guy to give it to you. The comedy, the interaction with the audience, the adlibÖ Itís all there. As for his voice, it is what it is. I had no problems with the way he sounded and Iím not one to even have to take into consideration that his ďprimeĒ was over 25 years ago. Iím a little sick of the debate on whether heís ďstill got itĒ to be honest with you. Heís one of the all-time front men of rock and that wonít change.

I said it in the discussion and update thread already Ė for those of you that are going to see them soon, youíre in for a treat!

Sorry if I was repetitive and along the same lines as all the other reviews so far on this tour, but itís nice to put some truth to good comments Iíve been seeing. I know for sure that it isnít just biased Van Halen fans thinking this band can do no wrong. Theyíre all in the right as far as Iím concerned!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,148 Times in 8,966 Posts

I see Turkey Slapper is gone. Thank God, what an ass clown that guy was.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.07.15 @ 06:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Here's the review thread for the Montreal show on 03.15.12.

Please note, unless you went to the show you shouldn't be posting a review. Please let's try to keep these clean by just having reviews in them.

For banter about the show, use the UPDATE & DISCUSSION thread for that.

Thanks!

Set List (Complete):

<snip>
    21. Panama
    22. Eddie's Guitar Solo
    23. Panama
    24. Jump
    Don't you mean "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" before Jump or did they play "Panama" twice?

Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vanCherone View Post
    Please stop posting.
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."