Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Reading Railroad - 3/26

Anyone going to this?

It's a tiny arena - about the size of Mohegan Sun - and excellent seats are to be had.

Just picked up a pair 3rd row center for $195 each via their platinum sales. There are a bunch in the 5th and 6th row center available for $185 each.

In addition, none of their VIP packages sold out so I'm sure those seats will all be available at some point.

Kind of in the middle of nowhere but probably my last chance to see them this tour so going with a friend. 130 miles from NYC...not too bad really but might stay the night.

This show is a good option for people who want VIP seats at a non-VIP price.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:31 AM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Man, I keep seeing people post about the Reading show. It is 15 minutes down the road from my house. I picked up stubhub seats (floor 2, row 5, seats 1 & 2) for the AC show on 3/24 for around $450 per ticket including fees and shipping. Then the Reading show was announced as a replacement for the cancelled Bryce Jordan Center show on 3/26. How the hell can I not go to this Reading show with it being so close to my house? It's a once in a lifetime thing since it was a replacement show. Otherwise, if they ever tour again (let's not even go there!) I doubt they would book this small arena. I did buy decent 100 level seats for my wife and my brother's wife to go to the Reading show on 3/26. Our 14 year old son is high-functioning autistic and we really have limited options for kid-sitting, he's just too much to handle for our parents. He usually falls asleep around 8 PM so my parents might be able to swing it. Somehow, someway, I have to get to this Reading show! I don't think great face value seats at the last minute will be a problem.

When Dave played The Silo (a small club outside of Reading) in 1999 with his solo band, before playing Panama he said "All aboard! Outward train from Reading Railroad leaving for Panama!". They took no prisoners for that show, and we stood there with jaws dropped wondering how it was possible he was playing that small club.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, For Unlawful, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Humans Being
    Last Online

07.20.15 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

where are the platinum sales? On the ticketmaster page? I too would consider going and I'd be coming from NYC also.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    where are the platinum sales? On the ticketmaster page? I too would consider going and I'd be coming from NYC also.
    Yep. Just go to the ticketmaster reading VH page and click on the "platinum" tab.

Section 2, row FF going for $185 each (but you have to buy two). No additional fees either. That's 6th row center.

Same seats selling at $595 via the VIP deal.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.21.15 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow this is really tempting. I have Tix for the AC show but those prices are great. For my 100 level in AC that is the same as first-fifth row... I wish it was not a Monday night-hard to get someone to drive out there from Philly on a 'work night'. For me no biggie. I saw Sec 1 or 3 (forget which) Row AA which I assume is Row 1.....Cannot beat....

I hope the AC show is good...

Thanks for the potential link...Z

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Link is here

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...ink=edp_buytix

They have front row, second row, etc, but those tickets are way off to the side.

I think you are better off being dead center in the 6th rwo (FF) than way off to the side in row 1 (AA), but that's just a personal preference.

Either way these are the cheapest premium seats of the tour. Some are only $10 over face.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I bit the bullet. I bought the tix in the Section 2. My only shot at a VIP. I hope I don't have to turn around and sell them..Have to get someone to go with me!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zempi View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet. I bought the tix in the Section 2. My only shot at a VIP. I hope I don't have to turn around and sell them..Have to get someone to go with me!
    Nice - the 6th row tickets? That's great.

These tickets were all about $100 more expensive a couple days ago - that's why I snagged those 3rd row tickets the second they hit $195.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    Nice - the 6th row tickets? That's great.

These tickets were all about $100 more expensive a couple days ago - that's why I snagged those 3rd row tickets the second they hit $195.
    Well I hope they are 6th..I am under the impression that the double letters are the first Row 1=AA, 2=BB, etc..Correct? I paid $185 ea.

REading is not THAT far to me...60 mi is nothing...That is what I am driving to go to AC anyway on the 24th...

You think that AC show will be good? I did see VH in 2007 in Las Vegas..Vegas is different than AC...

May not keep the tix for AC with seats like my 6th Row...

Thanks for the link...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zempi View Post
    Well I hope they are 6th..I am under the impression that the double letters are the first Row 1=AA, 2=BB, etc..Correct? I paid $185 ea.

REading is not THAT far to me...60 mi is nothing...That is what I am driving to go to AC anyway on the 24th...

You think that AC show will be good? I did see VH in 2007 in Las Vegas..Vegas is different than AC...

May not keep the tix for AC with seats like my 6th Row...

Thanks for the link...
    Yes, that's 6th row.

No idea, never seen a show in AC. Don't know how the venue is. People were saying the Mohegan Sun crowd sucked due to large amounts of comps and other non-fans in attendance, so AC could be the same way but who knows.

60 miles IS nothing, it's half what I've got to do.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can imagine. Surprisingly I thought the Philly crowd was pretty lame. AC is Philly's playground. Maybe mixed w NY'ers for the show. I've been to many concerts and the crowd was just blah.

Favorite VH Song

Not Enough, You and your blues
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 11:46 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seriously considering driving up from baltimore. About a 3hr ride hopefully.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, For Unlawful, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Humans Being
    Last Online

07.20.15 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Saw Sammy in AC back over the summer, crowd was great. Venue was the HOB club in Showboat. I may simply do the AC show. A saturday, I can even drive home after, PA is farrrrr for me.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stixx View Post
    Seriously considering driving up from baltimore. About a 3hr ride hopefully.
    I like it.

Let's stack this small-ass hick arena with HARDCORE VH FANS and make it a special show.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.22.12 @ 05:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking forward to this show! I'm one of the dumbasses that spent money for a VIP package but I'm still hopeful that it will be worth it