Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Chinese government says 'no' to foreign cars

BEIJING -- China plans to force government officials to stop buying foreign brands like Volkswagen and Toyota and purchase only locally-branded cars.

The "buy China" guidelines, released over the weekend, are part of a government attempt to bolster the domestic auto industry. Some industry insiders say the rules would have a mostly symbolic impact, given that government purchases make up only a small part of what is now the world's No. 1 car market.

China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology over the weekend posted a list of 412 vehicles that are likely to be approved for purchase by government agencies this year. It did not include any foreign models. The ministry said the list is open for public comment until March 9.

Volkswagen said the economic consequences would be "limited."

"The majority of the Volkswagen Group China's sales are conducted with private costumers," it said in a statement. "The amount of the so-called fleet sales with government vehicles has been at a lower single-digit percentage range for years."

Takanori Yokoi, a Beijing-based spokesman for Japan's Toyota Motor, declined to comment, saying that the automaker routinely refrains from discussing Chinese government policies.

With China's automakers facing tough competition from foreign brands and sales growth slowing from the torrid pace of recent years, the government has looked for ways to bolster its domestic industry.

but.....

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2012/01...ing-car-china/

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ick-in-china/1
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

That China even has one automobile company is astounding (what are some Chinese nameplates?) but 412 vehicles - is that 412 different models, or a grand total of 412 vehicles, period?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Top Gear (UK) reported on the Chinese auto industry a couple of weeks ago. They're blatantly ripping off other manufacturers and building EXACT copies of their cars in massive numbers and for less than 1/2 the price. BMW tried to sue for copyright etc but the Chinese government stepped in and said "our cars look nothing like yours, you are mistaken" and the case was dropped. This "buy China" idea has been a long time coming.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:48 PM
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts

Premium Member

Hell, in China, as long as you apply for trademarks and such first, you get them. There are Chinese companies making musical instruments under the name and trademark (including exact logo copies) of American companies because they applied for it first.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Complete and utter bullshit.

They want the manufacturing jobs, they want cheap copies, buy nobody is allowed to sell there???

They either open the doors or we stop paying them on the money owed; that simple.

Oh ya, they need to abide by basic copyright - if not, payments will be limited accordingly.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

The internet scares me.

Reading this thread and I noticed that the advert on the left was for a Chinese dating website.

So, if I go to the "Rush" thread, I'll be offered discount priced amyll nitrate.
    Black Crowes? An ornithologists' convention in Alabama.
    Anything Van Halen? It will be either the new Ford transit or Sarah Palin's blog.

Phillip K Dick was right.

Tag words? They're watching us, you know.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Want to bring the world to its knees? Just stop exporting food grown and produced in North America. Now thats a trade war!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

A few years ago (2005) a colleague who worked in China told me they had basically the same thing as a Lincoln Town Car for $4500.00 brand new. He had two in China and was going to bring one back to here for me to see. He ended up losing his job and was transfered back to the US then went somewhere else...don't know where, haven't heard from him since.

Sad as I was really looking forward to seeing the car.

But the simple fact that we believe diplomacy really works with China could be our downfall. They will play along as long as it means money to them. If it threatens their bottom line you can be assured it won't fly.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!