Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkn' Bout Love.
    Last Online

06.11.12 @ 06:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Top 10 Van Halen things I just don't care about!

Things I don't give a sh*t about on this tour, or any other Van Halen tour.

10) Dave's voice not being perfect (He is 57, give em a break, one break coming up)
    9) Michael Anthony not being on stage (I miss Mike too, but love Wolf).
    8) A catwalk no one ever uses (Its hard to hear out there).
    7) A show without an encore (I love the non-stop energy).
    6) A dance floor on the stage (Even Wolf and Ed are using it to slide around).

5) A rant here and there towards the sound crew about f'ing up (musicians want perfection for the fans, when it goes awol they get pissed, I would too, it's their job to make it perfect, you paid for it).

4) Dave not jumping around the stage like it was 1984 ( It's 2012, be happy we have Dave even walking on stage at all, with Van halen)

3) Dave should lose the head-gear (Please, does any one who knew these guys in the 70's think this isn't a natural progression for the all-time front-man)

2) Please drop "Pretty Woman" in favor of any other song (Believe it or not their are many fans who loved Diver Down, and they like that song. It was the biggest hit from the LP and should be played for the fans who embraced it

And the number 1) I do not care if you became a Van Halen fan in the DLR era, or the SH era, Edward Van Halen and Alex Van Halen are still making Van Halen's sound Van Halenish. The guitar and drums between these two brothers has transcended all incarnations.

However, I do enjoy Dave being out front and will continue to weave my way through the posts to find fellow VH'ers who remember cruising in the Black Trans AM and jamming to RWTD! It's great to feel extra young again, and no, I cannot do riser splits from the drum set either.

Rock On!!!!
    Last edited by cjsitfly; 02.27.12 at 12:12 AM.

Chris

Evansville, IN 1978 - VHI (Black Sabbath)
    Raliegh, NC 1979 - VHII
    Louisville, Ky 1982 - Diver Down

Sacramento, CA 11/27/07 - Oldies Tour
    Louisville, KY 2/18/12 - ADKOT
    Denver, CO 5/24/12 - ADKOT
    Los Angeles, CA 6/09/12 - ADKOT

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjsitfly View Post

10) Dave's voice not being perfect (He is 57, give em a break, one break coming up)

5) A rant here and there towards the sound crew about f'ing up (musicians want perfection for the fans, when it goes awol they get pissed, I would too, it's their job to make it perfect, you paid for it).

4) Dave not jumping around the stage like it was 1984 ( It's 2012, be happy we have Dave even walking on stage at all, with Van halen)

3) Dave should lose the head-gear (Please, does any one who knew these guys in the 70's think this isn't a natural progression for the all-time front-man)

2) Please drop "Pretty Woman" in favor of any other song (Believe it or not their are many fans who loved Diver Down, and they like that song. It was the biggest hit from the LP and should be played for the fans who embraced it

And the number 1) I do not care if you became a Van Halen fan in the DLR era, or the SH era, Edward Van Halen and Alex Van Halen are still making Van Halen's sound Van Halenish. The guitar and drums between these two brothers has transcended all incarnations.

However, I do enjoy Dave being out front and will continue to weave my way through the posts to find fellow VH'ers who remember cruising in the Black Trans AM and jamming to RWTD! It's great to feel extra young again, and no, I cannot do riser splits from the drum set either.

Rock On!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Good list, though I would much prefer to hear another new song over Pretty Woman...and I love Diver Down too, but the new stuff is just so good.

Favorite VH Album

like choosing among children
    Favorite VH Song

damn...drop dead legs?Unchaine
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:15 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

Default I heard

"As is" on the boneyard. Just about wet myself. So Ozzy has chimed in on what he thinks that the next single should be.

Please add to the set by PGH.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

11.25.15 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 157 Times in 68 Posts

Totally agree with the list ... however, you're at the wrong web site if you don't want to hear people complain about all of the above ad infinitum.

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gman6 View Post
    Totally agree with the list ... however, you're at the wrong web site if you don't want to hear people complain about all of the above ad infinitum.
    True here.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Rock On!!!!
    Great list! rock on..
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

Love the list!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Only ten things you don't care about? There's probably a hundred I don't care about. Why are you so wound up about those other ninety things? It's just a band. Relax.

What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddieís prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Top Of The World Everybody Wants Some 33's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently Honeybabysweetiedoll
    Last Online

09.09.12 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rock On!!!!
    Well done Mr. Letterman!!
    You'll get some leg tonight for sure!!
    Tell us how you do!!

Emperor Brett : Bottom line, we haven't heard SHIT yet, stop bitching about nothing and enjoy the anticipation of the first new Van Halen album in 14 FUCKING years!!!!!

Which Brett followed with : Some of you guys will fucking bitch about ANYTHING. I mean A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.16.15 @ 01:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1) I do not care if you became a Van Halen fan in the DLR era, or the SH era, Edward Van Halen and Alex Van Halen are still making Van Halen's sound Van Halenish. The guitar and drums between these two brothers has transcended all incarnations.
    Nothing more to add!

Last Online

09.11.13 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    True here.
    No REAL complaints but a WISH LIST that someone with the band would read this and adopt 100% of this:

DAVE:
    Please stop being so nice! Stop catering to the audience and worrying about whether we can hear you or the see the video. VH shows were so much more fun when you were being your irreverent self and letting the audience follow along. Instead you seem to be following the audience. STOP! Also - You've said it a million times - VH songs are timeless and everyone loves them. So STOP STOP STOP changing the melodies. We don't want to hear DTNA and Beautiful Girls with some strange new wandering melody. We're NOT bored with the old songs and never will be. Oh, and PLEASE hold out the "here" longer on the 1st line of Unchained... Barking out "here" short and choppy like you're calling a herd of cattle is taking so much away from the song!!! Same for RWTD - the way the melody crescendos in the last verse in the recorded version is brilliant! Why talk thru the verse in concert!!!!!!!!!!

ED:
    Why, why, why is it so hard to play Eruption as similar to the original as you could possibly pull off? Dozens of youtuber's get close, we know you can. Do you have any idea who much the crowd would explode if they heard Eruption as recorded? I shudder to think about it! And no new riffs to throw into the solo since 1984? We all know you have some! Let 'em loose!!

AL:
    No more canned music during drum solos. Still love ya.

BAND:
    We all like Jump and always will. We don't LOVE Jump enough to hear it as the encore. Two tours in a row!! And c'mon - how about cleaning up that setlist so we aren't so deja vu to 2007/08.

Wolf:
    Keep up, what can I say. I do miss Mike and I regret shaking my head in years past at his sometimes silly bass solos. Man do I miss him. But Wolf, glad to have you.

And yeah, lose the Madonna microphone. Please!

Love the band, always will! Had to get that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet this has all been posted here before but I hope that they add a dose more originality and irreverence in the next few weeks!

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rock On!!!!
    THIS!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghAndy View Post
    No REAL complaints but a WISH LIST that someone with the band would read this and adopt 100% of this:

DAVE:
    Please stop being so nice! Stop catering to the audience and worrying about whether we can hear you or the see the video. VH shows were so much more fun when you were being your irreverent self and letting the audience follow along. Instead you seem to be following the audience. STOP! Also - You've said it a million times - VH songs are timeless and everyone loves them. So STOP STOP STOP changing the melodies. We don't want to hear DTNA and Beautiful Girls with some strange new wandering melody. We're NOT bored with the old songs and never will be. Oh, and PLEASE hold out the "here" longer on the 1st line of Unchained... Barking out "here" short and choppy like you're calling a herd of cattle is taking so much away from the song!!! Same for RWTD - the way the melody crescendos in the last verse in the recorded version is brilliant! Why talk thru the verse in concert!!!!!!!!!!

ED:
    Why, why, why is it so hard to play Eruption as similar to the original as you could possibly pull off? Dozens of youtuber's get close, we know you can. Do you have any idea who much the crowd would explode if they heard Eruption as recorded? I shudder to think about it!
    You're complaining about the way Dave sings one single, solitary word during the first line of one, single, solitary song..? (The word "here," during the first line of "Unchained..?")

Ok... Now let me write it as a statement: you're complaining about the way Dave sings one single, solitary word during the first line of one, single, solitary song. (The word "here," during the first line of "Unchained.")

Additionally, you're complaining that Ed does not play "Eruption" "exactly" as he did in 1978, on the "Van Halen" album, when he performs live in 2012..?

"Here," (if you will -- and I'm not sure you will,) is another brick in the wall of the hell we're constructing of this modern world.

Bitchy whining aside -- including my bitchy whining at your bitchy whining ("I am guilty," as Dave says) -- if Van Halen performed the songs exactly like they did on the album, what would be the point of seeing them live..? You could just listen to the album..! Do you want them Milli Vanilli it?!
    Last edited by VanJuJu; 03.04.12 at 09:54 PM.
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    Good list, though I would much prefer to hear another new song over Pretty Woman...and I love Diver Down too, but the new stuff is just so good.
    yeah you got a good list there for sure. I also love Diver Down but would rather see Little Guitars rather than PW.

oh well, not a biggie though..

Rob