Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Running with the devil
    Last Online

08.09.13 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Van Halen - ADKOT weekly sales report & commentary

The latest article from Billboard indicates ADKOT currently sits at number 9 for it's third week. That is excellent news. Three weeks in the top ten without a hit single is making a statement. This album is finding an audience outside the normal fan base. Definitely a vindication for those of us who believe in this record. So glad to hear this.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/adel...06284552.story
    I live my life like there's no tomorrow...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night away
    Last Online

04.28.13 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I hope it's true...and if it is, then perhaps the release of She's The Woman will boost sales further and have it stay in there next week as well: it is a pretty killer song after all. And they still have Stay Frosty, You and Yoru Blues, Outta Space, Big River and Blood and Fire to unleash on the doubters.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

Very cool!!

This album will make doubters into believers.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

07.26.15 @ 04:46 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydelight View Post
    Well I hope it's true...and if it is, then perhaps the release of She's The Woman will boost sales further and have it stay in there next week as well: it is a pretty killer song after all. And they still have Stay Frosty, You and Yoru Blues, Outta Space, Big River and Blood and Fire to unleash on the doubters.
    They should release You and Your Blues, A friend of mine who's casual fan and my girlfriend who prefers Sammy way over DLR both love that song , should be next single

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman1981 View Post
    They should release You and Your Blues, A friend of mine who's casual fan and my girlfriend who prefers Sammy way over DLR both love that song , should be next single
    I like YAYB, but I think they need something a little harder and a little more "classic" sounding. She's the Woman is the perfect choice.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night away
    Last Online

04.28.13 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman1981 View Post
    You may be right...if my wife likes it than it's usually a song everyone would like, and her faves are Blood and Fire, Stay frosty, Big River, You and Your Blues, and Tatoo. And those do seem like the most catchy of the bunch in terms of radio release. For me personlly, Outta Space is on par with anything off their first album and it gets me reved up.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH47 View Post
    The latest article from Billboard indicates ADKOT currently sits at number 9 for it's third week. That is excellent news. Three weeks in the top ten without a hit single is making a statement. This album is finding an audience outside the normal fan base. Definitely a vindication for those of us who believe in this record. So glad to hear this.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/adel...06284552.story
    How do you know that they are finding fans outside of their normal base? It seems to me that it is only VH fans (casual and hardcore) buying the record.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.27.12 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If the hard number projections are correct, I lean more towards lmr5150's take. The albums they're predicting for #'s 5 and 6 are projected to sell 25-30,000....which means week three for ADKOT could be well under 20,000. A sign of a typical weekly percentage drop, not a building fanbase. Radio play won't do it, IMHO, as most people don't listen to radio these days (at least not like they used to). Need to be out there in the public eye (i.e. TV and interviews) to get new people to listen.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    How do you know that they are finding fans outside of their normal base? It seems to me that it is only VH fans (casual and hardcore) buying the record.
    I think that's all who will buy it too. Bands that have been around this long don't make a lot of new fans.

Still, they have so many hardcore and casual fans that it's still a pretty sizable potential audience. They have over 2 million people who follow them on Facebook alone.

I understand that with piracy and downloading, CDs are only selling about half as much as they used too. Still, I am a little surprised it's not doing a little better.I would have thought they'd be over 300,000 copies by week three.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.20.17 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My dog likes "Honeybabysweetiedoll" so based on that, I'd say it's best for a new single ;-)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

08.31.12 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The fact that the album has been in the Top 10 for its first three weeks is encouraging to me. It's common for big acts to release bad albums that start off in the Top 10 in the first week only to fall off precipitously in weeks 2 and 3 (Van Halen 3, for example) as a result of bad word of mouth. It's apparent that this won't happen to ADKOT. Having said that, I think the album will need a little push to make it to platinum, say a big hit single or late night appearance. We'll see if "She's the Woman" can provide that push.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 1,486 Times in 1,015 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydelight View Post
    You may be right...if my wife likes it than it's usually a song everyone would like, and her faves are Blood and Fire, Stay frosty, Big River, You and Your Blues, and Tatoo. And those do seem like the most catchy of the bunch in terms of radio release. For me personlly, Outta Space is on par with anything off their first album and it gets me reved up.
    The facebook page line threatens to destroy the whole song for me. If the lyrics were a bit better it would be the most fun song on the album.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    My dog likes "Honeybabysweetiedoll" so based on that, I'd say it's best for a new single ;-)
    My dog didnt care much for that tune, but its my favorite.......I really dont like my dog that much anyway, so whatever.
    "I don't need no stinking click"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    Person experience: I know that this album is finding fans outside of Van Halen's "base."

I'm in my 20s, and a lot of the new fans, I know, are my age and younger -- people who are being exposed to a Van Halen release for the first time... All of a sudden, Van Halen got a lot more 'likes' on Facebook. Younger people are listing them in their 5 favorite bands -- people who, I know, just a few years ago had no idea they existed.
    Last edited by VanJuJu; 02.26.12 at 04:18 PM.
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Running with the devil
    Last Online

08.09.13 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanJuJu View Post
    Person experience: I know that this album is finding fans outside of Van Halen's "base."

I'm in my 20s, and a lot of the new fans, I know, are my age and younger -- people who are being exposed to a Van Halen release for the first time... All of a sudden, Van Halen got a lot more 'likes' on Facebook. Younger people are listing them in their 5 favorite bands -- people who, I know, just a few years ago had no idea they existed.
    Bingo. Good point Vanjuju. After a 15 year hiatus, I can't see diehard (or casual) VH fans waiting another three weeks to buy this record. It has to be finding an audience outside the main base. Positive word of mouth is getting around, so the record is finding some staying power. I believe now is the time to release another single to capitalize on that positive vibe.
    I live my life like there's no tomorrow...