Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

1984 & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How many of you diehards feel that Sammy And VH are going to reunite for good and Dave won't take part because of is egomaniac personality? I for one feel that it will happen. Sam toured with Dave and no longer feels threatened by him in any way, as a performer and such. I see Sam pulling out all the stops if he and Vh reunite. I mean singing old VH material. Stuff he wouldn't sing before. Not just the "ain't talk bouts" and "you really got me's". I think he will sing anything brothers ask him to. He realizes how Dave has acted on tv, like an idiot. Which is ashame! I would love to see Dave and VH be a viable artistic, creative force to be reconded with. But Dave is fried! I mean come on. Only us die hards understand his verble barage because we know the history with the band. I think Sam will take over and even offer Dave a shot at touring with them and he will turn it down! Let's face it Sam is a take charge kind of guy, him and Mike want it. Sam's a regualur guy, a musician. Dave is this dated rockstar type. The Vh Brother s need the direction of someone who at least has an idea of the pulse of todays market. Sam's cd aren't selling well but he is visible in an ambasador to rock sort of way. If Sam gets back it will be just as big as it was before. The right promotion will break this thing wide fucking open with Sam and Dave. But I just don't see Dave teaming with Sam. The Dave thing is to far gone. Unfortunaltely.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok,

Here are two snippets from the most recent interviews/statements from Mike and Sammy. Dont forget that these two have been very close recently and would have been talking VH reunion prospects..

Mike:

I had a great time out on the road with my buddy Sammy and we've got some cool ideas planned for our Planet Us side project, but Van Halen is always my number one priority.

Sammy:

I spent five years of my life with the WABORITAS, building my audience, catering only to them and trying to shed myself of VAN HALEN. Not because I'm not proud of what I did with them, but I'm not in VAN HALEN anymore. It's time to move on.

After reading this, do you still think the Van Hagar reunion is inevitable ?

I believe (knowing the offers that have been made to the brothers) that Dave would still be number one choice. Depends on whether all the legal shit and Ed/Dave can actually sort things out.

I personally think #4 is more of a chance than Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    Sammy:

I spent five years of my life with the WABORITAS, building my audience, catering only to them and trying to shed myself of VAN HALEN. Not because I'm not proud of what I did with them, but I'm not in VAN HALEN anymore. It's time to move on.

Since you missed the point, Daved, Sammy was talking about being a solo artist. As a solo artist, he wants to move on as a solo artist, not be seen as, "Former VH Lead Singer Sammy Hagar." He doesn't want to pull a Dave and do all Van Halen, all the time.

Ain't nothing in there about reunions with the band, but since it promotes your personal agenda to assume so...
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tend to agree that the reunion with Sam will take place. If you listen to the interviews on the Sam and Dave thing on VH1 (albeit, they are a collection of interviews from various points in time), one thing is clear. Dave is about Dave. How many times did you hear him say, I, me, and my. The guy is convinced he was the be all and end all of that band and speaks about VH as it relates to him. Whereas Sam talks about the chemistry of "the band" and that Ed is the best rock n' roll guitar player etc, etc... Sam is about the team concept. Look at what he does at his solo shows...he involves virtually every member of his band and allows them to share in the spotlight. Hell, Mona and Jesse even take the mic on Heavy Metal. Again, I just don't see the brothers putting up with Dave's ego again. And to parrot what the originator of this post said, I too believe that Sam will pull out all of the stops and play more of the classic catalog. He's seen firsthand what Dave is all about and I believe he believes he can go out there and top it. Why he didn't think so the first time around is beyond me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.23.16 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry dude, there is not a chance in hell in your speculation about a reunion with VH.
    Sammy is a solo artist again and will stay that way. He may do a couple select tunes with VH for some special project, but he'll never be fully in the band again.
    If you can't do it in a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans under one lightbulb, you can't do it!

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.
    David Lee Roth...

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The main reason I don't see Dave back in the band for anything but a nostalgia tour is that Dave basically ran the band when he was in it. He wants some if not all that control back. When Dave left, Ed took over the band and led it. Ed isn't going to bring Dave back and give him any control. He's not going to make him an equal partner, he'll want him to be a salaried player just like Mike. Dave won't go for that. That's the lawyer crap they keep talking about, who controls the band and what share does everyone get.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Sam has a shot in hell to get back with VH no matter how hard he campaigns. His recent appearances reek of desperation and not someone who is in negotiations to front a big time rock reunion. If Sam were to get back with VH, it would probably work for one tour only. The Balance tour was not a sellout while all the other Van Hagar tours played to full houses. Van Hagar music is dated.

Dave has a slight chance because more casual fans will shell out cash to see the original VH rather than Van Hagar tunes. The tunes of the classic lineup dominate VH airplay in 2002. Mucho bucks for this reunion. But with Dave, this might be a one leg tour.

I would bet my money on Eddie moving on with guest musicians or in a solo capacity.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I don't see anything in the last 3 years that would make a reunion of any of the 3 former vocalists... "inevitable"...

Sam and Mike's friendship and recent working together may... key word.. MAY slightly increase the probability factor of Sam rejoining Van Halen. But in no way does it equate to a sure bet that it will happen. Too many factors have to play out for that to become a reality.

If the dribblings of Dave's attempts to work with VH sometime between 1999 and present are true... and indeed it either fell apart or just didn't work creatively... whatever... that may decrease the probability factor of his VH reunion.

Don't take this as a slam on anyone... but my personal opinion is the matter of Dave or Sam reuniting with Van Halen is pretty narrow thinking... I admit the formula for most past rock bands splitting with personnel and reuniting pretty much plays the same historically.

But the dynamics of Van Halen's history given the 3 singers there's nothing really compelling to say hooking up with the past is the best bet. Add to that the state of the Rock music scene... it ain't 1984 nor 1994 no more... the formula musically that worked then ain't on the proverbial "Front bumper of pop culture" no more.

Given all that... I would say the possibilities are wide open endless for Van Halen and frankly it's most likely is not in the band's best interest to reunite with anyone... The world is full of infinate possibilities if you open your mind... this situation does not hold any meaningful motivation to restrict those possibilities from a creative perspective. I say let the past go... the stars are brighter in the future...

Your milage may vary...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Sammy Hagar and Van Halen reunion WILL happen someday.....
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Half the people that visit this board wouldn't even know who Hagar was if he had not performed with the Van Halen band. I personally experienced his solo opening act at a ZZ Top show in the early 80s. Fast forward 20 years later and I see him open up for Diamond Dave. Sammy is and always will be a opening act. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin:
    Half the people that visit this board wouldn't even know who Hagar was if he had not performed with the Van Halen band. I personally experienced his solo opening act at a ZZ Top show in the early 80s. Fast forward 20 years later and I see him open up for Diamond Dave. Sammy is and always will be a opening act. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Oh boy...

EVERYBODY in the Whole World knows Sammy I Can't Drive 55 Hagar.

Question is, how many people know David (Just A)Gigalo Lee Roth?
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by weesfreewheelin:
    Oh boy...

EVERYBODY in the Whole World knows Sammy I Can't Drive 55 Hagar.

Question is, how many people know David (Just A)Gigalo Lee Roth?
    </font>[/QUOTE]EVERY CHEESE HEAD HERE DOES [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

True from your perspective wees'... myself I've been experiencing Sam since the original Montrose days when they in fact were pulling headliner's... but pulling a headliner gig or opener is all relative. I've played in bands that headlined major clubs/venues in the SF bay area and opened for major national touring acts.

BFD... it's no measure of success... I live in perfect obscurity!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Dave is done! Vocally he can not hold a candle to Sammy. Sammy has also proved to everyone that he can be and is an outstanding showman. There are only four possible ways for Edward to go with regards to the future: (1) Get Sammy back and continue making great music and build upon the Vh legacy where "Balance" left off. (2) Do the nostaglia trip with Dave and cash in and call it a day. (3) Retire the "Van Halen" band officially. (4) Get a fourth singer and change the name of the band and update the sound and make new music.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Daved Mikalex:
    Ok,

Here are two snippets from the most recent interviews/statements from Mike and Sammy. Dont forget that these two have been very close recently and would have been talking VH reunion prospects..

Mike:

I had a great time out on the road with my buddy Sammy and we've got some cool ideas planned for our Planet Us side project, but Van Halen is always my number one priority.

Sammy:

I believe (knowing the offers that have been made to the brothers) that Dave would still be number one choice. Depends on whether all the legal shit and Ed/Dave can actually sort things out.

I personally think #4 is more of a chance than Sammy.
    OK DAVED, please don't take this personally, but I've got to tell you, Dave has NO chance of being back in VH, IMO. I think everyone is forgetting something: They tried TWICE. It just isn't there anymore, for whatever reason; We all have spent a voluminous amount of time speculating as to why: They hate each other, Dave has an ego, Ed has an ego, Lawyers, on and on.

Also man, I can't emphasize my opinion about this band strongly enough. I DON'T think it's about the money. If it were, wouldn't they have done the Vegas thing? Wouldn't they have AT LEAST released an album w/ Dave material minus a subsequent tour, considering their disgust w/ each other? These are huge factors, and I don't think, with all that Ed has been thru lately, that all the money in the world could get him back w/ Dave.

Now Sammy: I don't know what to think. It's my opinion that he is the better choice and I think that he would contribute a great deal more musically, if they can put the past aside and get back to the kinship they formed in 5150 for 8 hours during that first jam session. I know alot of you do not like Sam. I agree that he can be obnoxious, and sometimes he runs his mouth too much. BUT he still LOVES the fans, and I agree that he would be open to more of the old catalogue if he were to return. I mean, he just did a tribute to Dave, thanking him in Cabo, doing Runin' w/ the Devil. How many times did he do that song when he was w/ VH? Maybe a dozen over 11 years. That should tell you all something.

You know, I woke up this morning and listened to a boot I downloaded last night off of Kaaza: Born on the Bayou w/ Sam & the boys. While I was listening to that, I kept thinking of the energy & "FUN" they had together. If they could get that back, well let's just say there might be some hope.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!