Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 1,997 Times in 930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard29 View Post
    Can anyone share some tabs for China Town, Beats working and Honey Baby Sweetie doll with me?
    Buy the book. Amazon have it for $16....
    Last edited by Dutchie5150; 05.07.12 at 03:38 AM.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 24,776 Times in 12,494 Posts

Premium Member

To all that have requested various tabs I believe I have sent them all out. If you do not have what you requested, please shoot me a PM.

And as a side note, I am not the author of some of these tabs, some of these are ones I have come across and am sharing. Just wanted to make sure, as some are giving me credit for writing ones I didn't, and I am just too lazy to keep typing out "I didn't tab it", so I am justing saying it once here.

Now that there is an official tab book out, not sure if I am infringing on copyrights by sharing tabs. If someone knows that I am, let me know and I will cease and desist.

I think they are protected under fair use, but I am not sure.

Stay Frosty
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.29.13 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone have the tab book for the new Van Halen CD? If so, can someone help me out with giving me the tab just for china twon and / or honey baby sweetie doll? I have all the other tabs to the album, just looking for those 2 so doesn't make sense for me to go buy the book.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.29.13 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard29 View Post
    Does anyone have the tab book for the new Van Halen CD? If so, can someone help me out with giving me the tab just for china twon and / or honey baby sweetie doll? I have all the other tabs to the album, just looking for those 2 so doesn't make sense for me to go buy the book.
    c'mon guys! No one can help me out here?

Favorite VH Album

all of the dave era
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 49 Posts

Default ADKOT Tab BOOK

Just picked up the new cd tab book. It is somewhat accurate. I have been listening to Eddie for the last 30 years and there are parts of his style that you can really pick up on. These tabbers missed the boat on many of the solos. Especially the end of China Town. Very inaccurate. I will trust my ears.
    Later, halensfi

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning-1984-F.U.C.K
    Last Online

04.09.19 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 47 Times in 26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by halensfi View Post
    Just picked up the new cd tab book. It is somewhat accurate. I have been listening to Eddie for the last 30 years and there are parts of his style that you can really pick up on. These tabbers missed the boat on many of the solos. Especially the end of China Town. Very inaccurate. I will trust my ears.
    Later, halensfi

I noticed some things as well. I would hope that they would re-edit in future editions but I've noticed that they never correct mistakes once tabs are published unlike regular books.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

That is why I like going on line for tabs.

You get multiple different takes on the way a song is played, and it helps you (at least me) come up with your own way of playing it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Bought the Van Halen A-Z tab book off amazon.

Awesome.

Really all they did was compile the previous tab books into one book.

But they also have 316 Live tabbed out....the RHRN version, as well as the 3 Best Of Vol 1 new songs, Respect the Wind, and the live version of Won't Get Fooled again.

Its about 1100 pages. The print is easy to read (don't listen to reviews that same the print is really small and hard to make out, as I have no problem reading it).

I would suggest it to anyone that uses tabs. It's like, 36.00 for the entire Van Halen catalogue, including VH3 (there are some badass riffs on that album, whether you liked Cherone or not).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Does anyone have tab for That's Why I Love You?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

02.22.19 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 632 Times in 395 Posts

Michael Anthony signed away all his rights to Van Halen music a long time ago. This is why Wolfgang has his name on songs with riffs from a long time ago. Plus at least Wolfie probably had a much bigger hand in arranging things and acting as a sounding board with Ed and Al. To hear Eddie tell it, Mike contributed absolutely nothing to the songwriting process...the band just agreed to split everything four ways to make a everybody happy. Mike basically got alot of songwriting royalties for doing nothing...if you believe Ed that is.

But back to the OP. These Tab books are wrong at least 50% of the time. Remember to use your ears as well. The TAB books are a great resource and by all means use them. Just don't get fooled into thinking that they are anywhere near the 100% gospel truth of how the music was actually played.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.26.19 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 15,726 Times in 6,834 Posts

Mike did not sign away his rights to music he was part of except for parts of the publishing of 1984. No person would do that, and Mike didn't either. Some of you spread wrong info when it comes to that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

If memory serves, he signed away his rights to the Van Halen name and trademark, and to some of his songwriting credits, but his performance and publishing rights, I would be shocked if he signed those away.

Whether he deserved songwriting credits can be argued, but his performance rights he deserved and then some.

I think many people, myself included, get confused when discussing these type of things, as there are multiple ways a person can get paid from being in a recording and touring act. I personally know enough about it to get myself in trouble.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 253 Posts

Default Shes the Woman riff?

Hey guys,

didnt know if someone could help me out. I am trying to figure out a little ditty riff Ed does in the first part of Shes The Woman.

the tablature book does not seem right to me and it does not sound right that way plus one of my live recordings seems to show Eds fingers stretched a little more than the tab in the book shows.

right in the beginning of the song directly after Dave says, "I wanna be your knight in shining pick up truck." Ed does this quick little cool riff and I am trying like heck to figure it out... anyone know how to play that correctly?

thanks guys,

Rob

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

02.22.19 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 632 Times in 395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Mike did not sign away his rights to music he was part of except for parts of the publishing of 1984. No person would do that, and Mike didn't either. Some of you spread wrong info when it comes to that.
    Maybe I have it wrong. Do you have any links to any specifics of Mike's deal? I thought that he was bought out by the rest of the band in 2004 and that he only made a little money as a performer on that tour and after that he no longer made any money from Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 602 Times in 253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150rob View Post
    Hey guys,

didnt know if someone could help me out. I am trying to figure out a little ditty riff Ed does in the first part of Shes The Woman.

the tablature book does not seem right to me and it does not sound right that way plus one of my live recordings seems to show Eds fingers stretched a little more than the tab in the book shows.

right in the beginning of the song directly after Dave says, "I wanna be your knight in shining pick up truck." Ed does this quick little cool riff and I am trying like heck to figure it out... anyone know how to play that correctly?

thanks guys,

Rob
    found it on ultimate guitar tab

Rob