Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Washington state third grader shoots classmate

(Reuters) - A boy in the third grade at a Washington state elementary school shot a female classmate on Wednesday, critically wounding the girl, authorities said.

The 8-year-old girl was rushed by air ambulance to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and wheeled into surgery for a gunshot wound injury, hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg said.

She remained in critical condition about 3 hours after the 1:30 p.m. PST shooting in a classroom at Armin Jahr Elementary School in Bremerton, Washington.

The 9-year-old boy was taken into custody by police, a Bremerton School District spokeswoman said, and the school was locked down before students were allowed to leave.

"We do know the gun and the student were found," Bremerton School District spokeswoman Patty Glaser said.

Glaser said police were still investigating the incident, which took place shortly before the end of the school day. Armin Jahr Elementary teaches about 400 students in grades K-5.

"It's very early in the investigation. As a parent I can only imagine. Our prayers go out to the families," Glaser said.

The district said the school would reopen on Thursday and that grief counselors would be on hand for students, staff and parents

A spokesman for police in Bremerton, a city of some 40,000 people about 15 miles west of Seattle, could not immediately be reached for comment.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Nine? Nine years old? Jeez.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,357 Posts

gun safes people.....if you think you want to own a weapon take responsibility and make sure it is securely stored.

I think the parents are going to be eyeballed for charges, as they should be

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    gun safes people.....if you think you want to own a weapon take responsibility and make sure it is securely stored.

I think the parents are going to be eyeballed for charges, as they should be
    damn right they should be.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

I have several shotguns and one handgun. They are not in my house since I don't have a safe at this point in time. They're at one of my brothers since he has a safe. Common sense people... jeez!!!
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The gun safe is a good idea in a chain of gun safety but should not be the only method. Gun owners have a responsibility to teach their kids safe firearm practices as well and to spend time shooting with them so they understand that a firearm is not a toy and that you don't point it at a target you don't intend to kill, EVER. If the kid intends to kill somebody, that's a different problem altogether & really has nothing to do w/ the weapon of choice. Kids aren't stupid but they'll do pretty much what has been modeled for them by parents & their peers. When we are out shooting, my kids routinely grill me on whether my safety is on. I'd lay odds that this kids' actions are directly resultant of a failure on the parents part in some fashion.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I raised 2 sons. I have a well armed house as everyone should. My kids were taught to be responsible with firearms and I think the parents who dont need to be jailed. Praying for this boy shot.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

I plan on teaching my 2 boys the proper way to handle a firearm when they are older. Right now almost 6 and 3 is too young to teach them. They already know a gun is nothing to play with. Besides having them in a safe, they have trigger locks...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle