Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Stub Hub Question

I've only purchased tickets through TicketMaster, but I'm thinking of using StubHub or something like that.

My question...How much do they tack onto the price of the tickets? Is this safe and secure and legitimate.

I just checked for the show tonight and I'm seeing 11th row for $200 and nosebleeds for $22....is this a soft market or too good to be true.

Also anyone going to the Pittsburgh show...I've noticed that some tickets a "level up" cost more than floor seats. The back of the floor is sold out, yet seats in section 1 and 3 are affordable.

JT
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    I've only purchased tickets through TicketMaster, but I'm thinking of using StubHub or something like that.

My question...How much do they tack onto the price of the tickets? Is this safe and secure and legitimate.

I just checked for the show tonight and I'm seeing 11th row for $200 and nosebleeds for $22....is this a soft market or too good to be true.

Also anyone going to the Pittsburgh show...I've noticed that some tickets a "level up" cost more than floor seats. The back of the floor is sold out, yet seats in section 1 and 3 are affordable.

JT
    Could just be a soft market. I've found StubHub to be pretty reliable and trustworthy. Scammers tend not to last very long there.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 07:50 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 12 Posts

Stub Hub has always been reliable for me. But the fees are a fairly high and, around her, the prices are often double the face value of the ticket. There are certain fees, if I recall correctly, that apply only to the buyer...not the seller. They send the tickets Fed Ex 2 Day Air with a signature required and up-charge you for that too. Something like $25 just for shipping.

I had one dealing with Stub Hub that fell through and Stub Hub made it right. They found me upgraded seats and didn't charge me any extra. So, I'd use them again. But you gotta remember, at least around here, you can expect to pay double face value after all is said and done.

Last Online

12.01.16 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 148 Times in 74 Posts

JT
    I would use ticketmaster Platinum seats until maybe a day before the show. Then Ticketmaster normal seats (usually excellent seats pop up at regular price), or StubHUB.

Right now for $225 you can get 4th row. (Wolfie's side)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...ink=edp_buytix
    Right here I say....

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.12 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ticket prices in secondary markets like Stub Hub almost always drop significantly immediately prior to a show. The "scalpers", for lack of a better term, don't want to get stuck holding any tickets, so they cut prices right before a show. In '07, I scored a pair of floor tickets, dead center, about 20 rows back for less than $200 because I waited until the day before the show to place an order.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    I would use ticketmaster Platinum seats until maybe a day before the show. Then Ticketmaster normal seats (usually excellent seats pop up at regular price), or StubHUB.

Right now for $225 you can get 4th row. (Wolfie's side)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...ink=edp_buytix
    I would agree with this. Why go with stubhub when these kinds of seats are "officially" available?

Keep in mind with Stubhub you need to tack on an extra 10 percent plus shipping.

Still, no reasons not to go with Stubhub. It's safe and secure. If tickets are going that cheap it's legit - MOST of the aftermarkets for these VH shows are soft. Not "too good to be true."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys....

I do need 3 for Pittsburgh and 3 for DC....

Looks like I can only get 2 for Pittsburgh thru TM....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.01.16 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,037 Times in 464 Posts

I always wait ti a few days before the show to purchase my tickets. I am going to Philly and will wait til 2nd or 3rd to get tix.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Last Online

12.01.16 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 148 Times in 74 Posts

Thanks guys....

I do need 3 for Pittsburgh and 3 for DC....

Looks like I can only get 2 for Pittsburgh thru TM....
    Looking for 3 will always be tough. Looking for 1 is easy. 2 is easy. But 3 together, good luck. You probably need to get lucky....
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would like to throw my support in there for stubhub. Never had even an inkling of a problem with them. Its always nice to buy from a fellow fan and also to be able to instantly download your tix and just print them out and go to the show.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.24.16 @ 12:59 PM
    Liked 459 Times in 244 Posts

JT
    My biggest issue with StubHub are the fees. I haven't used them in a long time because of it.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

11.27.16 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 542 Times in 204 Posts

stubhub charges 10% i believe which is nothing. ticketliquidator and other sites charge anywhere from 18-25%. i used stubhub before and it was a great experience.

if you look around most all broker sites have very similar if not the same tickets in many many cases. some sites are more or less depending on what the seller or brokers may want. in stubhubs case, it's what the seller wants. when you add up the fees and ticket proces they are all pretty close but stubhub is probably the best.

if it were me, i'd buy 4 of the platinum seats if there are any left and find a 4th person to go or sell the 4th night of the show. at least with the platinum tickets you know exactly which seats you are getting. they usually sit 14 in a row at these venues. for example on ed's side seat 1 would be near the wall and 14 would be the aisle seat near center section. if you could find ed's side like row 15 seats 9 and 10 and another selection of 11 and 12 you'll be all set.
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

11.27.16 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 542 Times in 204 Posts

check your pm jimmy
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.24.16 @ 12:59 PM
    Liked 459 Times in 244 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    stubhub charges 10% i believe which is nothing.

Last time I used them it cost me much more than that after the ridiculous $20 shipping the douche bag wanted and then there was some other fee on top of the 10%. Can't remember exactly what they called it but it was in addition to the 10%. I ended up cancelling the order.

I've used StubHub because I feel safe using them. I don't always rule them out but it's definitely not any kind of bargain.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    stubhub charges 10% i believe which is nothing. ticketliquidator and other sites charge anywhere from 18-25%. i used stubhub before and it was a great experience.

if you look around most all broker sites have very similar if not the same tickets in many many cases. some sites are more or less depending on what the seller or brokers may want. in stubhubs case, it's what the seller wants. when you add up the fees and ticket proces they are all pretty close but stubhub is probably the best.
    Honestly it doesn't make much difference. The same seats on stubhub - for the most part - are the same seats the brokers have. The exact same seats. The best stuff is all broker inventory. And after fees and such prices end up being the same whether you buy them from stubhub or the brokers.

Stubhub is just another selling spot. Much of the exact same tickets are shared by ALL the brokers (they all middlemen for each other), stubhub, and ebay.