Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night away
    Last Online

04.28.13 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Where is the second single?

I'm quite surpirsed that another song for airplay has not been relased to coincide with the start of the tour, especially since Tattoo has been on the air waves well in advance. Between the tour and the second week of the album being out, it's the perfect time to get another song on the radio. Either Big River, Stay Frosty, Outta Space or As Is would be good. She's the woman is already becoming well known for kicking ass during there shows and internet exposure, so they could pass on that one.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Tattoo has only been out six weeks. Further, radio stations are free to play any song they want off ADKOT and many have been playing other songs.

I think it's time for some serious promotion though. VH gets an A for socal media promotion and a D for traditional media promotion. Where are the late night appearances, magazine covers, etc?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

03.03.12 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i heard "she's the woman" on a station the other day ( 95.1 fm marion ohio) and thought maybe it was a single- but they just played it for the hell of it. they next played the acoustic demo for floyd's "comfortably numb" from the new immersion box set. it's just the kind of station they are, album cuts and rarities.

i'd like to think there'd be another single.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Tattoo has only been out six weeks. Further, radio stations are free to play any song they want off ADKOT and many have been playing other songs.

I think it's time for some serious promotion though. VH gets an A for socal media promotion and a D for traditional media promotion. Where are the late night appearances, magazine covers, etc?

ditto.

i thought letterman would be a given, he's supported all camps in van halen.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

LOL. They don't release singles that frequently. Wow. VH fans are a funny bunch.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night away
    Last Online

04.28.13 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    LOL. They don't release singles that frequently. Wow. VH fans are a funny bunch.
    Hmm, I guess not. I suppose I never really noticed how long it is inbetween singles. It just seems like thr right time, between the tour and albums release.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    if by "funny" you mean at times desperate, frustrated, worshipful, annoyed, disappointed, puzzled, raving lunatics, drunk hooligans, partisan band-line-up sectarians, needy, greedy, hopeful, hopeless, devoted, funky, often depressed, presently overjoyed and fickle...well then yes we are.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-L5150 View Post
    if by "funny" you mean at times desperate, frustrated, worshipful, annoyed, disappointed, puzzled, raving lunatics, drunk hooligans, partisan band-line-up sectarians, needy, greedy, hopeful, hopeless, devoted, funky, often depressed, presently overjoyed and fickle...well then yes we are.

What the hell?!?!?! I am NOT drunk.

At the moment.
    Staying Frosty

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydelight View Post
    Hmm, I guess not. I suppose I never really noticed how long it is inbetween singles. It just seems like thr right time, between the tour and albums release.
    No I get it. I listen so much to the record myself that I honestly don't care if it's being played on the radio or where it is on the charts. I think when I was younger i cared about how VH was charting but not now. It's relevant I think though since it will be an indicator of how happy the VH camp will be and if they want to move ahead with another record in the future. And if Interscope will want to work with them again.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I'd reckon that the second single is somewhere on ADKOT.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Tires View Post
    What the hell?!?!?! I am NOT drunk.

At the moment.
    the day is young.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

One of the local stations here has been playing Stay Frosty so much a few people have commented to me about hearing the second single all the time.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    One of the local stations here has been playing Stay Frosty so much a few people have commented to me about hearing the second single all the time.
    Stay Frosty and You & Your Blues seem to get the most ADKOT play besides Tattoo here.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Out here in the boonies between Columbus and Dayton, I have been hearing a lot of "Blood and Fire". I've heard it at least 5 times in the last week.
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." - EVH

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis_John View Post
    Out here in the boonies between Columbus and Dayton, I have been hearing a lot of "Blood and Fire". I've heard it at least 5 times in the last week.

I feel like an idiot for asking this being that I'm 43 years old but what the heck is really the significance of a song being a radio "single"? I mean this in two ways. First, I just don't really see the point these days anyway. Very few people listen to the radio to get exposed to new music as far as I can tell these days. Well, I mean for bands and artists that are no longer (or never were) part of the youth or pop culture. When I was a teenager in the 80s you either heard a new song on pop/rock radio or you saw the video for it on MTV. That's it. A single was your only window. Now there's youtube and band websites and 30 second samples of everything on the albums on itunes and Amazon and on and on. Everything is so readily available that officially releasing something to radio seems pointless to me.

But secondly I'm just not sure what the significance is in the technical sense even if they are still useful. Are DJs only supposed to play songs that have been labeled as singles? Can't they just play anything they want at any time (as many here are basically saying)? I sort of get it with the first single since they're usually released well before anyone has the album but what difference does it make once the whole album is readily available? I've never understood that. I know there are some radio guys around here, I'd love to ask about a few other things that never made sense to me.