Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default VIP Experience/Swag...Thoughts?

Anyone out there who has pics or stories about the VIP experience?

How short was the backstage tour? What was everything else like? Organized? The '07 experience for me was a disaster on the organization side....hope it's better.
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.29.14 @ 09:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The backstage tour was not a backstage tour. We stood on the venue floor in the aisle while the guide rattled off some stats about the tour (how many people, buses, dogs, amps, etc). It was a complete waste of time.

The swag was pretty cool: sweatshirt and guitar picks, and a bag and a laminated badge.

The seats and the performance made it worth every penny but I heard from a couple people around me they only paid like $160 so I'm not sure how that happened.

But I don't care. No regrets.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JCKnife View Post
    The backstage tour was not a backstage tour. We stood on the venue floor in the aisle while the guide rattled off some stats about the tour (how many people, buses, dogs, amps, etc). It was a complete waste of time.

The swag was pretty cool: sweatshirt and guitar picks, and a bag and a laminated badge.

The seats and the performance made it worth every penny but I heard from a couple people around me they only paid like $160 so I'm not sure how that happened.

What row where you on---I have row 18 almost center stage !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happened was that the unsold VIP seats got thrown back into the TM pool. This happened at almost every show last time, which is why I sat in the 15th row floor or better for face for about 7 or 8 shows.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's great you had no regrets man....there will always be someone somewhere who gets a better deal, etc.

I know it will happen to me....that's cool.

Bummed about the backstage tour. I remember in '04 it was legit, backstage tour, got to see Mike's equipment, etc. and I remember it was much cheaper!

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

11.12.14 @ 04:07 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Curious on the guitar picks - were they included in the gift bag, or did you luck into some from one of the crew? Would you mind posting a few pics of them if you get a chance, I've got pretty much every custom VH pick ever used and I'm curious to see what these look like?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Everyone got a small tin of pics.

One of the roadies was handing out Wolfie pics to the group.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lwk5150 View Post
    Curious on the guitar picks - were they included in the gift bag, or did you luck into some from one of the crew? Would you mind posting a few pics of them if you get a chance, I've got pretty much every custom VH pick ever used and I'm curious to see what these look like?
    Sure, here ya go. The top blue/black one was handed to me by a crew member. The rest were in the swag bag in a tin.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sure, here ya go. The top blue/black one was handed to me by a crew member. The rest were in the swag bag in a tin.

Dig those pics. Nice!

If you don't mind....can you post a pic of the rest of the goodies?

Thanks man!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

11.12.14 @ 04:07 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

How early did they have the VIP package people meet at the arena? How was the backstage party, and what was included with that?

Thanks!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    What happened was that the unsold VIP seats got thrown back into the TM pool. This happened at almost every show last time, which is why I sat in the 15th row floor or better for face for about 7 or 8 shows.
    Does this happen like a day before the show or day of show or when?

Might try it for Nashville.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does this happen like a day before the show or day of show or when?

Might try it for Nashville.
    There's no set formula. Actually, usually more like a week though.

A good way to scout this out is to see if the VIP packages are sold out or not. If they aren't, it's a good bet you'll see those released a week before the show.

Check out the platinums also, as they drop. I got 4 13th row floor seats for msg for $275 each from platinum...orignally they wanted $500 for those. And I'll be sitting near people who paid $500 or $600 for VIP tickets for the same seats.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

11.25.15 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 157 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    There's no set formula. Actually, usually more like a week though.

A good way to scout this out is to see if the VIP packages are sold out or not. If they aren't, it's a good bet you'll see those released a week before the show.

Check out the platinums also, as they drop. I got 4 13th row floor seats for msg for $275 each from platinum...orignally they wanted $500 for those. And I'll be sitting near people who paid $500 or $600 for VIP tickets for the same seats.
    No offense to anyone here ... but I don't see the logic in going for the VIP packages. Seems like they're just taking your money.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gman6 View Post
    No offense to anyone here ... but I don't see the logic in going for the VIP packages. Seems like they're just taking your money.
    In 2007 I was online waiting for tickets to go on sale. The very second they did, I got in and placed my order. I was 3 rows from the damn top of the nosebleed in Conseco Fieldhouse. I had selected "any price / best available."

I was glad to pay VIP price for a guaranteed close seat. No regrets. Now, I might take a gamble on a 2nd show. But I wasn't going to miss this in my hometown.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Anybody got a pic of the tour shirts?