Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds/Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How could Eddie and Alex just walk away?I know that Ed has had some personal issues to work out but give me a break.A new word on your web site would be nice.But once again we are left in the dark.So let the anniversary of "Van Halen" go by the board and do nothing just like you have for the last four years.Plus it was funny how the "Best Of" was to show where the band was at 20 years old, but just broke the band up!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's their website and they'll ignore it if they want to, ignore us if they want to, ignore us if they want to....
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello - o - o - o - o

Ec - ho - o - o - o

[img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've said it once and I'll say it again
    The boys arn't talkin' to us 'cause we got pissed at 'em for VH3. It's our punishment for not liking the record
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo Wabo® Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

05.03.13 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Goddamn, it ain't our fault that record sucked a big donkey's anatomy compared to the rest of the albums. Eddie and Alex are the ones who hired a shitty manager, hired a shitty producer, hired a shitty singer (for VH he was shitty), had a shitty mix, and kept Mike off most of, if not all of, the shitty album.
    That record bombed because of their shitty decisions, not ours. We just put up with the shit.
    Minnesota Vikings KICK ASS!!!! All other teams get their water.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oops - add another two years of silence for that rant LOL.........

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

First 6
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know what, sayin "They are punishing us for not buying VHIII" may sound really far fetched, but I haven't heard a better explanation.

Yeah, Ed is goin through a lot of heavy stuff. But I know guys who have gotten divorces, lost their homes and kids and missed maybe 1 weeks work. Edward has missed YEARS! And yeah, I know he had cancer and lost his record contract, but you get my point.

Here's my explanation for the inactivity. They aren't working because they don't have to work. Pretty simple.

In all honesty, I wouldn't work if I didn't have to either. But you're very priveleged if you are able to make music for a living. Also, their continued silence is maddening. It would be a lot easier to swallow if they were to just say "We're not working for at least 6 months", or "We're finished for good".

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

The way I look at it... if the hiatus is due to personal reasons then no explaination is due... it ain't anybody's business but those directly involved and they don't even need to mention we're off-line for xx amount of time for personal reasons... I think this is most likely the case.

Remember Ed's message about cancer being a very personal thing... respect it!! I'll wager good money any marital problems are in exactly the same boat... we should respect that as well. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

Originally posted by pardo:
    You know what, sayin "They are punishing us for not buying VHIII" may sound really far fetched, but I haven't heard a better explanation.

Yeah, Ed is goin through a lot of heavy stuff. But I know guys who have gotten divorces, lost their homes and kids and missed maybe 1 weeks work. Edward has missed YEARS! And yeah, I know he had cancer and lost his record contract, but you get my point.

Here's my explanation for the inactivity. They aren't working because they don't have to work. Pretty simple.

In all honesty, I wouldn't work if I didn't have to either. But you're very priveleged if you are able to make music for a living. Also, their continued silence is maddening. It would be a lot easier to swallow if they were to just say "We're not working for at least 6 months", or "We're finished for good".
    Agreed. There has been no reunion with Dave 'cause Eddie doesn't want one. There has been no reunion with Sammy for the same reason. Sammy keeps saying how a reunion is inevitable, if so, then what's the hold up? Eddie's health? That could have been a reason at one time, but I don't think it is now. Eddie has to have heard all the things Sammy has said, things like Eddie coming to Cabo and just hanging out and becoming friends again. Sammy says that he hasn't heard from Eddie, which tells me that Eddie ain't interested in hanging out with Sammy, let alone reuniting with him.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, these are the THREE BEST POST's I've read in a LONG time. Truer words have never been spoken...
    [
    Originally posted by Red-Diamond:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again
    The boys arn't talkin' to us 'cause we got pissed at 'em for VH3. It's our punishment for not liking the record
    Originally posted by pardo:

Originally posted by JonJustice:
    Goddamn, it ain't our fault that record sucked a big donkey's anatomy compared to the rest of the albums. Eddie and Alex are the ones who hired a shitty manager, hired a shitty producer, hired a shitty singer (for VH he was shitty), had a shitty mix, and kept Mike off most of, if not all of, the shitty album.
    That record bombed because of their shitty decisions, not ours. We just put up with the shit.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

5150, 1984, OU812, VH II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, The Inside, A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I didn't think III was that bad and I thought Gary did a good job. He atleast tried to bring both worlds of Van Halen together and did it with much less posturing and posing then those other two guys did last summer. On the other hand I think Eddie was naive to think he could just do a 180 musically and think that everybody would automatically embrace it especially whent breaking in a new singer. 5150 wasn't anywhere near that much of a departure. If anything there is very little difference between that record and many of the one's with Roth on them.

But last I heard Eddie had taken up the tuba and plays in a Dixieland band
    Know Ralph<br />Know Van Halen<br /><br />No Ralph<br />No Van Halen

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

I wonder if Pink Floyd fans get their panties in an uproar when their favorite band takes 6-8 years between albums? I've been a VH fan for many years and I have always been blind sided when they have a new release. Hell, that was half the fun. I'd be driving somewhere and hear them in some unannounced interview talking about the new release date. I'd get all excited and couldn't wait the three weeks till the album came out. I remember hearing them on Westwood One radio network just before "Balance" came out, I crapped my pants, I had no idea they had anything new in the pan. I think this internet shit has us all worked up. Considering all the legal and personal shit going down in VH land, its no wonder they ain't talking. Let's remember, it hasn't been all that long. Anyway, let's try and be positive [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I simply wish Ed wasn't so stingy with his
    talents. I know there's a lot of pressure now
    because everyone's expecting 'The BIG
    Announcement'. But hell, brother, just kick
    some casual shit release some old goodies or
    something. The simple fact that that he doesn't
    makes me think his personal problems may be
    bigger than we know...
    But at this point, just a belated "Happy New
    Year, folks" would be good just to know the man is still alive...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption, 5150, Runnin with the Devil, Cabo Wabo, Panama, Poundcake—all of them!
    Last Online

08.29.08 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Perhaps there is a different interpretation of the post-VH3 disappearance. This is pure speculation, I don't have much to base it on—but maybe Eddie is not punishing the fans for not liking the album so much as he is having a crisis of confidence in his material.

Look—Eddie was often drunk on stage, and that liquid courage, from what I've read (was it DLR's book? Sam's? Can't recall), helped him do it night in and night out on stage. But VH3 was the first clear disappointment the man had in his career. HE didn't think so—but the public did, and it eroded radio and TV's future support and publicity for VH music. Combine that with what I presume would include his attempt to get sober—also speculative—not to mention the legal, singer, label, health and family snags!!!—and there's another answer for why Eddie just "walked away."

He never wanted VH to be a Vegas revue band like DLR has made himself. As he's said himself, he's moved beyond the style of guitar playing that produced the band's great old classics. So faced with the resounding apathy and general rejection of VH3 (great sales #s for some bands, but crushing for VH), and Eddie still writing more songs in that vein—about three albums worth of stuff, wasn't it?—I can see him hesitating to offer the material to the public. Who will sing on it? And if he does find the right person or people, could some singer help make those tunes stand up and come to life the way Sammy did right after DLR left against all odds, AGAIN? Could it be expected to go over as well as Santana's stuff did a few years ago? It seems too much to expect.

If Ed is insecure, he may be unwilling to face another rejection. Yet this may also explain why there has been no definitive end to the band. Ed very well may still harbor hope for a triumphant return to the music scene, and as he works through his many issues he's holding that goal in his mind to keep pushing him onward. WE have no clue where things are, and only he will know when the time is truly right, when all the pieces are in place. He's not going to rush things and have another disaster like VH3. Why would he when concentrating on his health is far more important first of all, and he has plenty of money so that there's no pressure to work?

If I were Ed, yes, I would feed more consistent updates or greetings to my devoted fans, but I wouldn't say the band was over until I was good and ready to say that, as long as hope to renew it still exists. I might think telling fans the truth would be too revealing and leave me vulnerable. Better to stay out of the spotlight while I regroup, no matter how long it takes. When I'm right and everything is right, no matter how long it takes, nothing will be able to stop Van Halen from a successful return?

Or will it? That's the dilemma! And the debate in his mind starts anew.

It would be nice if someone could actually talk to him straight and get the real deal instead of mumbo jumbo, but until then these myths are the best we can do.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

I heard they drove!!!!