Favorite VH Album

ADKOT and VHII
    Favorite VH Song

She's the Woman
    Last Online

08.29.13 @ 07:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default New DVD

Just watched and listened to the deluxe edition acoustic editions of tunes and I can't help but think that VH and DLR didn't do through this whole exercise for just one new song and two fun oldies. This is so much fun as a VH unplugged that I think theyndidnan entire DVD worth that well see for sale in 3 months. And I'll be first in lone to buy 2 copies minimum.

Further, when I watch these, even though his appearances are short, I can tell what an important and key member of VH Wolfgand is - vocals and bass - that I fully applaud him and just say keep up the great work - and that's coming from a big MA fan - one who even met and hung out w him ....
    All I want to give you woman, is the best part of a man.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

03.03.12 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

agreed.

vhnd has had several clips of dave expalining songs and so forth- he alluded to a 'documentary" and i bet they're going for a "rattle and hum" type of thing.

it'll be fun.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

i love the acoustic dvd. even cooler, my wife said it's one of the coolest VH things she's ever seen, and she usually doesn't love them cus i play them so much.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150who View Post
    Just watched and listened to the deluxe edition acoustic editions of tunes and I can't help but think that VH and DLR didn't do through this whole exercise for just one new song and two fun oldies. This is so much fun as a VH unplugged that I think theyndidnan entire DVD worth that well see for sale in 3 months. And I'll be first in lone to buy 2 copies minimum.

Further, when I watch these, even though his appearances are short, I can tell what an important and key member of VH Wolfgand is - vocals and bass - that I fully applaud him and just say keep up the great work - and that's coming from a big MA fan - one who even met and hung out w him ....
    Santista9 is alive and well and living in Connecticut.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.17.16 @ 10:54 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default acoustic

I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't like the acoustic stuff Van Halen did. Van Halen to me is just not a acoustic type of band. Van Halen is electricity. When I saw Al sitting behind those bongo's....mmmm, something's not right. Can you imagine AC/DC doing an acoustic set? I don't think so. Throw those acoustic guitars in the fireplace and get that electric!
    I do however would like to see a good documentary on the band, let's see what 5150 studios looks from the inside and why was ADKOT recorded in another studio, that sorta thing.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do think something more is on the horizon in DVD form. Interscope will get behind this thing and get all the mileage they can based on what they've done so far...they've sunk some money into this project and will want as much $'s from it they can get!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:59 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

A whole DVD on the acoustics would be pretty cool. Is it something I want them to do in concert? Probably not because those songs are great played plugged in.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I'd rather they did a full production show on bluray

So if anyone from camp Van Halen is reading.......please...2012 tour bluray with acoustc set thrown on as bonus footage

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:20 AM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I bet some record exec came in and told them they could make more money on the dvd bonus than they will on the entire album. They obliged.
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
    I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't like the acoustic stuff Van Halen did. Van Halen to me is just not a acoustic type of band. Van Halen is electricity. When I saw Al sitting behind those bongo's....mmmm, something's not right. Can you imagine AC/DC doing an acoustic set? I don't think so. Throw those acoustic guitars in the fireplace and get that electric!
    I do however would like to see a good documentary on the band, let's see what 5150 studios looks from the inside and why was ADKOT recorded in another studio, that sorta thing.
    AC/DC is a one dimensional band. They can't do anything with acoustic guitars. Van Halen is not. They have been using acoustic guitars on almost every album since their debut.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 564 Times in 306 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    AC/DC is a one dimensional band. They can't do anything with acoustic guitars.
    You might want to check out AC/DC doing You Shook Me All Night Long unplugged. It's pretty good.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

I think the acoustic stuff was OK but I would have liked it better had Alex been behind a small set of drums though. The congas don't really suit him well and he is pretty hidden. A nice little 20,12,14 sized Ludwig kit would have been the ticket for me. Plenty of the unplugged MTV concerts had drummers on a drumset. I would LOVE to see Al play on such a small set-up. I'll bet he sounds incerdible even if it was just a set of garbage cans!
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    I'd rather they did a full production show on bluray

So if anyone from camp Van Halen is reading.......please...2012 tour bluray with acoustc set thrown on as bonus footage
    No shit.
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I really don't see any additional DVD release from the wonderful gems that have been provided to the 3 fan sites as documentaries coming.

I believe these are purely marketing tools for the record and an extremely generous gift to the fan base that are intended to wash away all the angst and frustration we've had waiting for VH to get it together and do something...

It's just a real well thought out and cheaply executed PR campaign... got to tip our hats to Interscope for doing it and the band for allowing it. But I suspect they are only banking on the record and tour to hit pay dirt... these videos are an excellent way to break ground and one hell of an olive branch extended to the core fan base.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:09 PM
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

I bought the deluxe package, because it was on sale, and, yeah, it's cool to see an acoustic set. But it's not something I'm going to pop in every day. More of a curiosity, really. Though I must say I like You and Your Blues better on acoustic. It's a great marketing move, though, so I'm all for it.

TK