Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

07.24.08 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read post after post that the band, Eddie, Brad, etc. "owe" us, the fans, this or that.

Even though I'm frustrated that they are not giving us a play by play as to what's happening, they have not totally left us in the dark. Critical updates have been given.

Even though I want a new album and tour, I do have 20 years of music they have already given us.

So really what exactly is owed to us and why?
    First God - Then Family - Then Money - Then Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Perfect4th:

So really what exactly is owed to us and why?

Well considering most of us have been loyal fans for 20 years or so, what do they owe us? How about a little thanks for making them what they are today. We have purchased multiple albums in several formats, gone to several shows, purchased alot of merchandise and made them very wealthy people. It is frustrating when all that we ever hear from them is "We will be back soon." It would just be nice if we did not keep getting the same old smoke screen. My God, Eddie goes and talks to a golf magazine before he ever would think of speaking on their official website. I just don't think Eddie or Alex give a rat's ass about the fans and it just pisses many of us off. I think they owe the fans a bit more than that. I don't know if many of you remember this far back, but VH used to say that they were the people's band. That they were "For The People", well I don't think they still are.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

house of pain
    Last Online

03.02.05 @ 02:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen owes us nothing for the albums we bought, the t-shirts we have stuffed in a drawer that we can't possibly wear anymore, the VH logo keychain that holds the keys to the Camaro, or for the time that we defended them after they started that ridiculous 5150 hand signal thing (well, maybe they owe us for that!).

They are rich men. The money came from us. We spent it, they earned it. It could have gone the other way for them. They could still be struggling musicians/music store salesmen. Don't say it couldn't have happened to VH, just look at Fishbone. One of the best bands ever, and they are still playing at shows that can't even provide proper sound. If that had been VH's destiny, what would we, the fans, owe them? Nothing. Or should we send them money to help offset the price of Marlboros? What they have came to them after much work and sacrifice on their part. They gave you everything you paid for.

Now. They SHOULD be telling us something if they would like to keep us as fans. It doesn't make sense to leave a fanbase this large in the dark for so long. But, if they really don't have anything to tell, this is probably the best way for them to deal with this until they do get a clue. I think that will be soon. Or at least in God's time.
    <a href="http://www.starcalledsun.com" target="_blank">www.starcalledsun.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.20.06 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they really dont owe us anything. Its Ed's life to live as he so chooses. He/they DO run the risk of alienating the fans. You know, again, there juuuuuust may be something that we are not being told...something very personal. Either that, or they really dont give a f&^k about us.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by inforthekill:
    Van Halen owes us nothing for the albums we bought, the t-shirts we have stuffed in a drawer that we can't possibly wear anymore, the VH logo keychain that holds the keys to the Camaro, or for the time that we defended them after they started that ridiculous 5150 hand signal thing (well, maybe they owe us for that!).

They are rich men. The money came from us. We spent it, they earned it. It could have gone the other way for them. They could still be struggling musicians/music store salesmen. Don't say it couldn't have happened to VH, just look at Fishbone. One of the best bands ever, and they are still playing at shows that can't even provide proper sound. If that had been VH's destiny, what would we, the fans, owe them? Nothing. Or should we send them money to help offset the price of Marlboros? What they have came to them after much work and sacrifice on their part. They gave you everything you paid for.

Now. They SHOULD be telling us something if they would like to keep us as fans. It doesn't make sense to leave a fanbase this large in the dark for so long. But, if they really don't have anything to tell, this is probably the best way for them to deal with this until they do get a clue. I think that will be soon. Or at least in God's time.
    inforthekill, I really have to agree with you on this one. They performe(d) a job just like any of us do and they got (or are getting) paid a fee for their duties, the fact that its millions doesn't necessarily mean that they owe us. We chose them and we stick with the for the love of the band.

I share in the frustration that they haven't provided any information in the slightest however, I hope to hear something soon and will keep coming back to check in regardless.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

Question: What do they owe the fans?
    Answer: RESPECT!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Ineedalogin:
    Exactly! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I dont know guys, I dont think they really "owe" us anything. If you dont like it, dont come around, thats my aproach. I come here everyday looking for info. just like the rest of ya' [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

But, I will agree that they (VH the band) have treated their fan base pretty crappy since the whole Cherone nightmare. The only official member of Van Halen that interacts at all is Mikey.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A fucking reunion album!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Ok, "owe" probably isn't the best word to use. They don't OWE us anything. But, it sure would be nice if they acknowledged whatever fanbase that is still clinging around.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I'm also of the opinion that the band doesn't owe us anything. They've given us a great collection of music and a shitload of great memories. I'm thankful for all of it but like most fans I really don't understand the lack of interaction on Ed and Al's part. The music industry is a very fickle business and these guys should understand the importance of staying in touch with the fans. If and when the band does decide to release some new music it will be very interesting to see what the results are. I think the last three years of relative silence will have a negative impact on the band when it comes to selling a new album.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

I am surprised that none of us over the last 20+ years have never heard a member of VH say, "I just want to thank the fans for their support". I'm sure they must have said it somwhere.

Personally, I don't need that from them.

We actually bought our music (CDs/Albums/Tapes) from Warner Bros. They did the marketing and promotion, and they reaped most of the money as well. VH are their emplyees. Should WB give us props as well?

New information would be great, but I don't see the lack of as a "slap in the face" to us fans. Just nothing to say.

Yes, we made them popular, that's a given, but how could we quantify what we get out of the deal.

Money for music exchanges took place, so according to my records we are even.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ineedalogin:
    i agree just alittle respect, for all the years we stood by them.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Honesty
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Like \'em all except for VH III
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A refund for Van Halen III.