Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Runaround
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Default Something I found on Wikipedia

Anyone ever hear that Sammy was considered as a replacement singer for Steve Walsh when he left Kansas?

Found this on Wikipedia when I did a search on Kansas:

"Due to creative differences over the lyrical direction of the next album, Walsh left in October 1981 to form a new band, Streets. In early 1982, Walsh was replaced by vocalist/keyboardist John Elefante,[1] who was also a Christian (though not known at the time). He was chosen over such applicants as Sammy Hagar and Doug Pinnick. Kansas' first album with Elefante, Vinyl Confessions, was released in June 1982."

This was before he was in VH. This is news to me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Didn't know that. Did he get an interview or just fill out one of those tear out apps like they have at McDonald's?

I love Kansas. I love Sammy. Sammy + Kansas = disaster. Sammy is not prog rock.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:00 AM
    Liked 11,721 Times in 6,495 Posts

Premium Member

Default John Elefante Releases New Pro-Life song.

Man, John still has the pipes.

Sep. 18, 2013

Mainstream singer-songwriters generally don’t spend too much time openly embracing conservative principles. But John Elefante, the Grammy-winning former lead singer of the band Kansas, recently released “This Time,” a tune and accompanying music video that tackle the issue of abortion head-on, taking an overtly pro-life stance on the contentious matter.

For Elefante, the abortion issue hits home, seeing as he has an adopted daughter whose mother could have easily decided not to bring the little girl into the world, Charisma News reports. In the end, though, the young mom chose to give her daughter up for adoption — something for which Elefante is eternally grateful.

As a result of the experience, the performer’s personal journey has colored his professional work, with the new song and video poised to raise some eyebrows among pro-life and pro-choice forces, alike. But that seems fine by Elefante, who is intent on making a major impact through his music

I can’t imagine life without my daughter, Sami, and it just breaks my heart that pregnant young women much like her birth mother, instead of choosing life for their babies, are denying them the chance to be born,” Elefante said in a quote published on his website. “If our song can in any way bring attention to this issue and encourage those who are considering abortion to choose life through options such as adoption, then we couldn’t be happier.”

The lyrics of the song tell the story of Sami’s 13-year-old mother, who is depicted in the music video as entering a clinic where she considers having an abortion — but then subsequently changes her mind and flees the building.

In addition to raising awareness about adoption and abortion, the singer is using “This Time” to bring attention to Online for Life (OFL), a non-profit organization that stands against abortion, helping to connect babies to caring families. According to official numbers posted on the group’s website, its work has saved 1,151 babies.

“The core focus of Online for Life is to reach at-risk women and men in their deepest time of need and introduce them to local life-affirming organizations where love and information can be shared in a compassionate, nonjudgmental way,” explains the OFL website.

As Charisma notes, Elefante connected with the organization after speaking with his friend, Michael Kadrie, and decided to partner with the group, using the resulting music video in an effort to reach women who might be considering an abortion.

“When we first heard about John’s song and his daughter’s story, we felt a connection right away and realized we had a mutual passion for saving babies from abortion,” OFL president Brian Fisher told Charisma. “We are so grateful for his team’s heart and their desire to see this beautiful music and touching story used for the cause of life.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...from-aborting/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I saw Sam open for Kansas back in 1977. Sam has always had the respect of his peers and contemporaries, so while I didn't know this, it seems very plausible at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:03 AM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

Never heard this one before. who knows? Sam seems to be pretty well liked in the hard rock community so I'm sure back in the day he was one of those guys who would be considered for this type of thing. I don't know all of Kansas's music so I don't know if he would fit in or not.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

First, the disclaimer. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. It's open source. That could've been put there by DLR....

Second, man that would've sucked.

I don't recall reading about it in Sammy's book. But then, a lot of things were left out. This idea may have been kicked around much like Phil Collins in Van Halen. Managers talking, but apparently nobody else.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Good points. I think Sam would have mentioned it at some point. So...do you really think Dave started this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    I love Kansas. I love Sammy. Sammy + Kansas = disaster. Sammy is not prog rock.
    I don't know. This was pretty proggy, and kicks tons of ass.

"I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    So...do you really think Dave started this?
    Haha. Not a chance. Just making a point.