Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default The Truth Sounds Damn Good!

Well for all the Youtube bedroom never were's that called the guy washed up and how they could walk on stage and smoke him this ones for you! Honestly I have not heard him this good or fast since the 80's-

It sounds even better not watching the clip!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I saw that yesterday and could only smile, thinking the same thing !! Reports of his being washed up are clearly premature !! The KING is alive, and kicking ass !!!

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

still amazed at the negative comments people put..youtube should be called hatetube at this point.....ed sounded just as good as 95 right there...
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

My buddy filmed that.

Oh yeah some people think they can say anything on youtube in the comments.
    I film videos and see all kinds of stupid stuff people say.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeane View Post
    My buddy filmed that.

Oh yeah some people think they can say anything on youtube in the comments.
    I film videos and see all kinds of stupid stuff people say.
    Hey Johnny - the links you have for the Cafe, Henson & Forum Shows is very cool.
    Thanks CV

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Ed definitely sounds great. His playing now is reminding me mostly of the '95 era with a little 1984/5150/III bits mixed in. A small part of me wonders if Ed felt he had to work to impress the fans; and, if so, did he feel boxed up--like he couldn't explore new territory?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Great to see EVH on the top of his game again. It does make me realize how terrible he was on the 04' tour. Two completely different people, glad the old Ed is back!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Take a look at Ed's tremolo picking! Back in 07 and 08, he was relying on moving his forearm for faster picking, but now he's back to having that quick wrist that he had years and years ago.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

09.11.13 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read somewhere that he had to have some corrective surgery on his hand and wrist a few years back. There was an article that I read about Eddie and Tony Iommi having a lengthy conversation about it because tony was gonna have to have the same surgery.
    Give me a bottle of anything and a jelly donut.....TO GO!!!!<br /> DLR 86'

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    Ed definitely sounds great. His playing now is reminding me mostly of the '95 era with a little 1984/5150/III bits mixed in. A small part of me wonders if Ed felt he had to work to impress the fans; and, if so, did he feel boxed up--like he couldn't explore new territory?
    I've always thought that about Eddie. I think there could be some truth to that. When he went out of the ordinary based on what we fans deemed "VH" on the III album, he got blasted. If that is true (feeling boxed), I feel bad for him. So many artist get boxed by management or what fans expect from them as opposed to letting the artist BE an artist. Sometimes when I hear licks very similar to what he did 25 and 30 years ago, if the feeling he has is stale for him. I think it is even evidenced on VHLinks by a lot of folks comments that, if the current album had something VH had not done in the past, I wonder how the fanbase would have responded.

I gotta be honest. I hear a lot of III tone on this album. Not slamming, because the album is really growing on me, especially the last 4 songs. Get better every time I hear them.
    Last edited by cokemach1; 02.12.12 at 05:50 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GEC5150 View Post
    I read somewhere that he had to have some corrective surgery on his hand and wrist a few years back. There was an article that I read about Eddie and Tony Iommi having a lengthy conversation about it because tony was gonna have to have the same surgery.
    I think Ed said he had a twisted tendon, bone spur, and cyst in his thumb all at once!
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,297 Times in 3,167 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    I think Ed said he had a twisted tendon, bone spur, and cyst in his thumb all at once!
    Talk about pain!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I remember that talk with Iommi and Ed, as Iommi wound up canceling his surgery with his surgeon and went with Eddies who was from Germany.

I do not even bother reading the comments on Youtube anymore as they are beyond ludicrous. Honestly there is not one player who has ever played (including any legend you can think of) who I have not seen bashed. I remember a few years ago watching a clip of some guy from Argentina or some South American country who posted himself doing Vai's For The Love Of God in his kitchen which I thought was brilliant. Then reading the comments I see some idiot saying it was pretty good but he missed a bend at 4:38 or some nonsense like that. Of course when you look up the guy who made the remark he does not have any music of his own posted.

I know Eddie is the favorite player of most of the guys on this board, as well as VH the top band.Being 50 I grew up more attached to 60's players with the Beatles being my favorite band and Hendrix being the the guy who made me want to be a lead player. I was lucky enough to have 3 siblings 7,8 and 10 years older with a brother who was a vinyl collector, so music was always blasting in the house. So I bridge that gap between Hendrix and Eddie, younger guys who grew up after Eddie knocked the guitar community on it's ass will never understand how fucking mind blowing it was the first time you heard VH1. Till this day I can remember hearing Eruption for the first time and thinking "What the fuck is that"lol. There is no doubt the guy is the second most innovative player in rock history after Hendrix, which everyone believed took the electric guitar as far as it could go and then along came Eddie who took it to another universe.

Unlike most I enjoy both chapters of the band (Roth era and Hagar) pretty equally. I personally feel he got a little more melodic with his playing with Hagar while never losing that flying by the seat of his pants feel, a good example are the solos in Dreams. But out of the shoot the guy had an uncanny way of always landing on his feet just when it sounds like he is going to lose it, as well an amazing sense of note selection.

I do not know the guy personally nor do I hang in his inner circle.Though I have talked with Roth on two occasions in strip clubs and what you see is what you get lol.I think to many fans get too wrapped up into personal shit that none of us know what the truth really is and lose focus on the music. What I am really trying to say is that I have really been rooting for the guy to comeback and stick it up all the nay sayers asses. The guy has taken a beating and a half all over the place for years now as being washed up, greedy, a crack head and most of all a prick. For all we know there is probably truth to all of it depending on who is talking, but I think the guy has been abused enough. It is like everyone forgot that the guy changed the way rock guitar is played singlehandedly, as well as being a terrific writer and his creativeness on the gear building side of the industry.

I know this was pretty long winded but no player comes close to stirring up a guitar forum board like Eddie. He looks like his batteries are charged, is on top of his game and having fun out there again. If you play guitar you have to be feeling good!

On Fire
    Last Online

10.04.16 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    It sounds even better not watching the clip!
    Why do you say that

On Fire
    Last Online

10.04.16 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    Take a look at Ed's tremolo picking! Back in 07 and 08, he was relying on moving his forearm for faster picking, but now he's back to having that quick wrist that he had years and years ago.
    I have to tremolo pick that way too for the most accuracy and speed. I cant use my whole elbow or the standard wrist action,i use the thumb and second finger to hold the pick and pivot my wrist like he does. tried this one day after being his fan for a bit and it worked for me the best and most comfortable.