Register
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

While I'm completely stoked about seeing Sammy and Dave on the same ticket, we need to realize that we are overlooking a much more important issue. If any of you read today's NY Post and read the item about the Sam and Dave tour, pay close attention to the last three paragraphs. They read as follows...

After the conference, Roth told The Post a reunion with Van Halen was "almost an inevitability."

He said he hears that Eddie Van Halen, suffering from cancer, "is not doing too well."

"All joking aside, I wish the best for him."

So for all of you out there that have been jumping up Ed's ass for doing things that you don't approve of...Why don't all of you try and find your compassionate side and use this and other forums to send the greatest guitarist in the world some prayers and well wishes.

Edward, cancer sucks, keep fighting the good fight and we all know that you'll address your loyal fans when the time is right. My hopes and prayers to you and your family.

atomicpunk5150
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the link . That doesn't sound good at all. I now firmly believe that Eddie's cancer has spread and this is the reason for the silence and non-participation in this or any other tour. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Wow, that really sucks. I know Eddie's health is his personal business but I wished I knew how he really was doing. Hopefully, he is doing better than what Dave heard.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

this is something that I hope is NOT true but I've always been afraid that it was.

If he DOES still have it, and is losing the battle, we won't hear anything about it until the very end I'm afraid. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I thought Robert Urich was healthy a couple of months ago too! Just goes to show ya how tricky cancer is.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

...what scares me is ED loves music....he is music...what's stopping him from doing what he really loves...it's not because of vh 3...it's not because he's mad at the fans or dave & sam....& another thing that scares me is , ed said he has 3 albums worth of music...short on singers
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn..what a trip.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER
    Favorite VH Song

IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why would they slam the Van Halen brothers with "howdy doody mountain" and say "dont' care" when asked what they (VH)think about this tour if Ed was in bad shape. Very poor taste for Dave to say things like this then suddenly wish Ed his best.
    I DONT FEEL TARDY

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I'd say consider the source... David Lee Roth!! Probably best not to jump to conclusions... I've got a good feeling DLR and Ed haven't spoke on a personal basis in a long time.

Remember this is coming from the guy who does techno covers and plays army in his backyard with skank ho's and migits... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Not exactly a credible source where the VH family is concerned... IMO. Your milage may vary...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

I'm glad to see a thread here that is not slamming Eddie. I'm tired of reading about how he owes us something like a reunion with Dave or Sammy and by not doing that he is telling us fans to fuck off. He has his reasons for not doing it whether it is his health or animosity towards them. And for those fans who want to throw away all of their van halen records because for whatever reason Eddie does not get along with Dave and Sammy then go ahead. Your loss. If I'm faced with a choice of a 4th singer or never hearing new music from Eddie, Alex and Mike, I'm going with the 4th singer. And if I like the album I really don't care (and Eddie probably wouldn't either) if it sell 1,000 copies.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bobvh316:
    If I'm faced with a choice of a 4th singer or never hearing new music from Eddie, Alex and Mike, I'm going with the 4th singer. And if I like the album I really don't care (and Eddie probably wouldn't either) if it sell 1,000 copies.
    Doesnīt make sense.

1)If money isnīt important for him, why does he this shity copyright white-red-5150 stuff?
    2)If Edie is ill to death why do the former singers start a concert tour ? Maybe we should call the tour "Dave and the grave" [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    3)If music is everything for the VH brothers why do they close the VH camp and keep on beeing silent ?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bobvh316:
    I'm glad to see a thread here that is not slamming Eddie. I'm tired of reading about how he owes us something like a reunion with Dave or Sammy and by not doing that he is telling us fans to fuck off. He has his reasons for not doing it whether it is his health or animosity towards them. And for those fans who want to throw away all of their van halen records because for whatever reason Eddie does not get along with Dave and Sammy then go ahead. Your loss. If I'm faced with a choice of a 4th singer or never hearing new music from Eddie, Alex and Mike, I'm going with the 4th singer. And if I like the album I really don't care (and Eddie probably wouldn't either) if it sell 1,000 copies.
    I agree. I rather hear Eddie and co. with whomever the choose for a singer rather than no Eddie at all. It's a shame we have to wait so long to hear more from one of the best musical minds around. Especially after hearing how lame the future of rock is in the hands of those bands that played in that Aerosmith Icon thing. That was really sad.

[ April 19, 2002 at 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Eddie314 ]</p>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by noodeling:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bobvh316:
    If I'm faced with a choice of a 4th singer or never hearing new music from Eddie, Alex and Mike, I'm going with the 4th singer. And if I like the album I really don't care (and Eddie probably wouldn't either) if it sell 1,000 copies.
    Doesnīt make sense.

1)If money isnīt important for him, why does he this shity copyright white-red-5150 stuff?
    2)If Edie is ill to death why do the former singers start a concert tour ? Maybe we should call the tour "Dave and the grave" [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    3)If music is everything for the VH brothers why do they close the VH camp and keep on beeing silent ?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I think he's copyrighting everything to leave for his wife and kid. But God, I sure hope I'm wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, I think we should all put our shovels and lilies away for now. I really don't think the man's dying. He's probably just not feeling well enough to absorb anymore LSD at this time.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by The Full BuD:
    Okay, I think we should all put our shovels and lilies away for now. I really don't think the man's dying. He's probably just not feeling well enough to absorb anymore LSD at this time.
    I haven't done LSD since the Lenny Kravitz/Black Crowes show of 1999 when a buddy of mine had a roll of Certs that were dipped in it [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!