Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 13865
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 24,880 Times in 14,125 Posts

It was Dave who suggested they name the legendary guitar solo on track 2 of the debut album Eruption. Eddie wanted to call it F#ck You, Page, Blackmore, Perry and Nugent.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little guitars
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1,404 Times in 632 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post
    That's awesome. That's the '81 jacket made for the band & crew. I actually have the original prototype for it, framed in my office. It's one of my favorite VH items.
    I think , it's DLR idea for the Girl ?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 9,211 Times in 6,627 Posts

Premium Member

My VHLinks coffee mug arrived today. The baseball jersey and fridge magnet came yesterday, photo posted in Brett's 'Share Your Licks - Fire Woman' thread. Kind of cool to have these items that support Brett's site/logo and VH '76-'19 (and hopefully beyond!).

IMG_20191122_180248.jpg
    Last edited by RRvh1; 11.22.19 at 03:14 PM.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

12.04.19 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 2,265 Times in 1,335 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    It was Dave who suggested they name the legendary guitar solo on track 2 of the debut album Eruption. Eddie wanted to call it F#ck You, Page, Blackmore, Perry and Nugent.
    And he wisely left out Roy Clark.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.03.19 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 2,765 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjbn View Post
    I am so tired of reading about David lee Roth taking credit for everything:

guitar stripes - yea my idea
    album covers - yea my idea
    guitar solos - yea my idea
    song structure - my idea

it is almost as bad as when Eddie said I had to show Michel Anthony how to play bass

this is getting stupid
    No- What's stupid is the cheap ass cherry picking headline quotes from podcast interview's taken & presented as new articles devoid of original context.

I'm guessing your comment here now refers to the Guitar magazine article.

BUT- Thing of it is....the interviewer asked David if he needed to ask permission from Eddie to perform Van Halen material...

OK.....

" David- Do you require permission from EVH to perform VH material?" ....

THAT was the question David was asked....SO...as it turns out the little punk ass twerp radio interviewer actually got the best of David as his answer clearly displayed an honest true reaction....although of course....seemingly could be percieved as being mildly pissy....

SO....of course... THAT's THE SOUNDBITE quote zoomed on & reprinted a month afterwards this week by the Guitar magazine website. Their headline is clearly obvious even though they did at least present the written transcipt of commentary showing the actual question David was asked & answered. Although the headline of their article is clearly cheap ass rock tabloid clickbait akin to altenerative nation & the other one. Which is very surprising as that particular Guitar publication previously struck me as being a first class rock publication. But see now not devoid of misleading crap headline grabbing clickbait articles. Very disappointing. Not to mention being over a month later after the initial interview. Which was already discussed somewhat in other areas on the net.

THINK ABOUT IT.

If any rock journalist or radio host interviewer asked ROBERT PLANT the same question???

Robert?- Do you need to request permission from Jimmy Page to perform Led Zeppelin material in your live shows?

C'mon- I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall to witness that....Robert Plant would've given the punk an old school headbutt sending the twerp across the room.

FFS!!!

Ozzy? Do you require permission from Tony Iommi to perform Black Sabbath songs ?

SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Then of course the immediate disbelief & outrage from the docile EVH synchochants unbeknownst of the true facts of David's comments. As though David was lying or overexagerating.

NO.- Ask EVH how he initially came up with those stripes & his answer is he doesn't know how he came up with the idea. It's in one of the magazine interviews. I was going to post the magazine scan quote before when it came up before a couple months ago. Along with pictures of the punk rock band The Dills guitarists Les Paul with almost identical stripes but his guitar & pictures were from 1977 before EVH's iconic B&W Frankie came onto the scene. The Dills were in Cheech & Chongs movie filmed in 1977.

But- Davids comments about coming up with those stripes were also mentioned years ago from him on his radio show after Howard Stern. But not so much as just suggesting to do something similar to what he'd seen some of the punk bands did with their guitars. The Clash bassist also had a snazzy cool bass guitar with stripes but also looked like shattererd mirror glass. Which Paul Stanley also boosted his idea from in 1977 for his famous Ibanez.

BUT- Ed doesnt remember how he came up with the idea. No recollection at all. Just one of those things.

Rick Derringer used to do You Really Got Me in his live shows before VH recorded it but EVH had a cow when Derringer opened up a couple shows for VH & also commented in print about Angel attempting to rush release a version of You Really Got Me before VH1 came out in 78.

Theres more....plenty more.....

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Just consider all the potential financial revenue pissed down the toilet not only David but Michael too could've & should've benefited from throughout the years in touring & especially merchandise.

LOOK @ all the EVH VH merch sold regularly these past 10 years....look at the VH 1981 shirt reproduction with the back on the front...& cut the band picture out so its just " Van Halen " , & DLR & MA image no longer included in the shirt.

Most of those VH shirts & other stuff, stools, towells, lighters, especially stuff with the stripes...ALL of that stuff is EVH merchandise....DLR & MA DO NOT recieve a slice of that VH pie....

& because of ALL that EVH stuff...it means theres less if alnost next to nothing of actual VH band merchandise....

Millions of Dollars in lost potential revenue in merchandise alone that DLR & MA are not part of.

Those official VH shirts you could buy at the tours were Live Nation Merchandise...so I assume DLR maybe got a fair cut....

BUT- that VH merch is not available only the EVH & other officially liscenced EVH shirts & other stuff.

All EVH.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

They were JUST About ready to book shows this past year with MICHAEL ANTHONY you heard & read David hint about doing " the ORIGINAL thing", then more recently last summer Mike himself commented about it. They specifically left out an open window on THE CIRCLE tour so Mike could do VH!!!!!!!!

What does that tell you???? Did you not notice Mikes comments before????

SO- Now that's that." Eddie's not going to answer the bell"

Wolfgang & Kody the dogs tweets Eddie pics at Tool concerts & doctor offices.

DLR has THE ultimate band of ALL time VAN HALEN but because EVH can't or won't continue David's stuck in a spot where he's on his own & whether its fair or not the audience will not be in the same numbers as the VH band. Which is bullshit.

David is now regulated to being a solo artist again.

Only heavy rock artist that maintained the same consistant audience is OZZY. Ozzy can draw the same size crowd without Black Sabbath. Even now.

OZZY IS THE ONLY ONE.

Even Sting & Paul McCartney have a little less concert draw on their own .

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

So yeah now everything about VH from here on out will be about EVH in the news with TMZ updates & Kody the dog tweets & Alice In Chains guitarists sending well wishes & David will have to button his pigeonhole telling it how it is otherwise be subjected to the intense wrath of the EVH sycophantic psycho fans that dominate VH commentary on the net whom of course are also his main fanbase. Even though they have no idea what the real true score really is.

Everything will always be about Eddie. The delicate genius

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    & suggested they name the band VAN HALEN

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

11.29.19 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just consider all the potential financial revenue pissed down the toilet not only David but Michael too could've & should've benefited from throughout the years in touring & especially merchandise.

LOOK @ all the EVH VH merch sold regularly these past 10 years....look at the VH 1981 shirt reproduction with the back on the front...& cut the band picture out so its just " Van Halen " , & DLR & MA image no longer included in the shirt.

Most of those VH shirts & other stuff, stools, towells, lighters, especially stuff with the stripes...ALL of that stuff is EVH merchandise....DLR & MA DO NOT recieve a slice of that VH pie....

& because of ALL that EVH stuff...it means theres less if alnost next to nothing of actual VH band merchandise....

Millions of Dollars in lost potential revenue in merchandise alone that DLR & MA are not part of.

Those official VH shirts you could buy at the tours were Live Nation Merchandise...so I assume DLR maybe got a fair cut....

BUT- that VH merch is not available only the EVH & other officially liscenced EVH shirts & other stuff.

All EVH.

DLR apologist …….. we know in the past he always made bold stupid claims...….. please preach to someone who cares about your 3 post opinion , not I
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjbn View Post
    DLR apologist …….. we know in the past he always made bold stupid claims...….. please preach to someone who cares about your 3 post opinion , not I
    Ok but What bold claims of which you speak weren't true. I'm guessing none. If an artist creates & builds something valuable in pop culture its not egocentric nor conceited to say what you did. It's just random commentary in an interview setting.

David's demeanour might have been caught off gaurd by the sheer ignorance & downright disrespectful question asking if he needed permission to perform his own tunes that he wrote & recorded & performed for over 40 years now.

If I was Davids publicist I would've encouraged profanity in the harshest possible manner towards the ignorant little puke.

Who the fuck asks a legendary worldwide known multi million selling rock artist with a solidified long lasting carreer spanning over 40 years now if he needs to ask permission to perform his own fucking songs.

You are missing the point & zooming in on the gossip crap.

Does Paul McCartney ask Ringo Starr for permission to perform Beatles tunes?

David should've told the little twerp to go fuck himself asking such a stupid disrespectful question.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 9,211 Times in 6,627 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ok but What bold claims of which you speak weren't true. I'm guessing none. If an artist creates & builds something valuable in pop culture its not egocentric nor conceited to say what you did. It's just random commentary in an interview setting.

David's demeanour might have been caught off gaurd by the sheer ignorance & downright disrespectful question asking if he needed permission to perform his own tunes that he wrote & recorded & performed for over 40 years now.

If I was Davids publicist I would've encouraged profanity in the harshest possible manner towards the ignorant little puke.

Who the fuck asks a legendary worldwide known multi million selling rock artist with a solidified long lasting carreer spanning over 40 years now if he needs to ask permission to perform his own fucking songs.

You are missing the point & zooming in on the gossip crap.

Does Paul McCartney ask Ringo Starr for permission to perform Beatles tunes?

David should've told the little twerp to go fuck himself asking such a stupid disrespectful question.
    I know pot is legal here now, much to my disgust (HATE the smell!), yet are you toking up a storm?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

So now the soundbites are focused upon making it appear as though David was belligerantly diminishing the VH bandmates taking credit for this that & the other thing....

Which is all probably true if not why would've he stated such comments.

But the onslaught of EVH synchophants cant handle any possible criticism of their mighty God EVH.

No- Rick Derringer never played You Really Got Me before EVH. Rick Derringer sucks he's a hack blah blah blah...

No way some Punk rock gutarist striped his guitar before Eddie. Its all Eddie. Eddie is the king.

No way Steve Mandell was tapping before Eddie no way. Humble Pie suck.

No way Bill Murray wore a No Bozo's t-shirt befor Eddie. Thats Eddies t-shirt he was the first to wear it. Fuck Bill Murray he was never really funny.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I know pot is legal here now, much to my disgust (HATE the smell!), yet are you toking up a storm?
    No I hate pot too Im smoking crack & drinking beer.